Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85745 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by AlanSugar(m): 4:40am On Dec 16, 2017
Standardcosting:
The foool making reference to Buharis daughter is nothing but a mor0n.

So Buharis and his family members have now become standard for Islamic religious practice?

The way people draw up useless justifications a times makes me wonder if they have brains at all¿

"standard for Islamic religious practice"... Are you sure you understood that post?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by zeelo2014: 4:43am On Dec 16, 2017
Standardcosting:
The foool making reference to Buharis daughter is nothing but a mor0n.

So Buharis and his family members have now become standard for Islamic religious practice?

The way people draw up useless justifications a times makes me wonder if they have brains at all¿

He was trying to point out that even Buhari's daughter obeyed the law. Obey the law of the land, simple!

3 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 4:45am On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

But Nigeria abandoned the British practice of driving on the left side of the road, did we not?

You have already "stoked religious sentiments"
You believe that Muslims must not be allowed religious freedom and you tell us about Christian love

Are you sure you read what I wrote or you just need a post to twist to suit your fantasy?

Did you see the pictures as well?

I will do you a favour by replying you just this once...next time read, understand, read again and be satisfied before quoting people out of context.

Then again what has driving got to do with jurisprudential dress code? Do you sniff gum or something?

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by AgbenuAnna(f): 5:12am On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

Since you are not a religious fanatic, will your priests allow homos marry in Nigeria?

I also expect that whenever anyone says that in advanced countries, corruption, crime etc are investigated and punished, you should call such tell people to go and live in advanced countries and
please read the contents again and read what you posted.
Thanks
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by AgbenuAnna(f): 5:13am On Dec 16, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

You are not fit to advise her to do that.
and who is asking for your opinion?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by briggz09(m): 5:17am On Dec 16, 2017
ekems2017:
Pls was she the only Muslim lady that was call to bar that day?

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by osuofia2(m): 5:17am On Dec 16, 2017
See as she ugly.... Bastard Yoruba head hitter
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 5:23am On Dec 16, 2017
cajet:
She is not proud to be a lawyer otherwise she should have complied with all rules and regulation. Besides allowing her to wear the hijab will be setting of a precedence of which someone may wake up tomorrow and decide to wear agbada or shokoto to the same ceremony.

Exactly, besides judgements in court are done based on precedent that's why old cases are referenced. I don't blame whoever is responsible for this level of rascality, ignorance of laid down statutes should not be used as an excuse for disobedience and Nigeria has not done away with certain sections of her common laws and practices which we inherited from the British Crown Law.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by kristen12(f): 5:30am On Dec 16, 2017
mostyg:
Our sisters should learn a lesson from this, especially those of our sisters who are carrying feminism on their head like gala.

No feminist is on the side of Firdaus Amasa, they have all retreated until a woman they consider an actual human being has a problem.

Our twitter "influencers" who are Muslims should also take note how they are alone on this one. Some of them are even afraid to take it up as a campaign as you may lose your "circle of friends".

I made a post some years back and people came here to complain, but for once i did not explain myself because i didn't want to be insensitive. I posited that if the Chibok girls were not mainly Christians there will be no Bring Back our Girls campaign.

Some people started shouting that those who initiated it were Muslim women and i just didn't say anything out loud, in my mind i was like folks don't know shit. Of course when Christians are the victims Muslims will fall on top each other to join the campaign, but when fellow Muslims are involved, these same Muslims will hide somewhere.

Aisha Yusuf is retweeting about Firdaus. Retweeting oh, the great fearless Aisha Yusuf that can insult two Buhari and one Yar'adua inside 150 characters. She is now retweeting. Fear no let am create hashtag not to talk of NGO on top this matter.

Hadiza Bala Usman is inside a container at NPA, so no show. My friend Inibehe Effiong is no longer a human right activist, he no longer believes in fundamental human rights, he has decamp to supporting "rules" over the under dog because this underdog has a Muslim name. "Mama" Oby Ezekwesili is of course minding her business, how the matter concern her? She is giving her twitter Bible lessons as usual, fear no let any Muslim twitter influencer quote Qur'an except to insult a fellow Muslim and say Islam is peace, turning the other cheek and praising the Lord, Halleluya.

They have boxed you in a corner, not me. I don't know why a man will imprison himself via friendship. I am a Muslim and i do not have time to be nice about that; my not drinking, smoking, womanizing, stealing, or cheating should be enough niceness, i do not owe anyone jara.

If you are around people who will only want you to stand up for them but will not stand up for you then you do not know your worth.

Again, i repeat myself. I am a Muslim and my bias is ISLAM. The non-Muslim that will question me for this or that i will be afraid of that will make me not stand for my brothers and sisters in Islam has not been born, and will most likely never be born.

Eseoghene Al-Faruq Ohwojeheri
What's your point exactly?? You've not said any meaningful thing.

8 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by akanbiaa(m): 5:36am On Dec 16, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I hate islam
But you are Enemy of PROGRESS as written in your name, that means Islam is progress and moreover you are not the only one that hate Islam for even Satan hates Islam too.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Goldfaze1: 5:47am On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=enemyofprogress post=63319414]I hate islam[/quote I HATE IT MORE THAN YOU DO MY FRIEND SAID HE HATE IT MORE THAN ALL OF US.]

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by dabeto: 5:56am On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

Muslims believe in divorce
So Christians don't divorce because they fear to live in the pain?
[color=#006600][/color]
Not divorce but having to live apart
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 16, 2017
Law of God......which one, the Bible law of God or the Quran law of God

gaskiyamagana:

Why don't you ashame of yourself to be proud of Nigeria law above Law of God?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Codes151(m): 6:03am On Dec 16, 2017
Muslims are funny! You don’t waste time to take a life but be so emotional to take off a cloth!!

Well, all Muslim layers better relocate to newyork!! Smh...
Simple principle una no fit follow

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:11am On Dec 16, 2017
one Ediot will come and tell me Christians are not tolerance, can this happen in Saudi desert

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by sanandreas(m): 6:14am On Dec 16, 2017
Obey laws and laid down regulations. If a president is entering an oil platform, he must wear safety helmet. That is a company law. He either obey or leave. The girl played herself.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by thunderbabs: 6:14am On Dec 16, 2017
I tire for all dz religious matter for nigeria.....Religious yet evil
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by apharm(m): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Religion is truly the opium of the masses.

Even an educated and NBA chief who knows the norms of the bar be talking rubbish.
To belong to any organisation, the number one rule is to be able to conform to their rules and regulations.
I don't see any reason why this girl in question refused to comply with the rules of the noble profession. Besides, she was not the only Muslim lady that graduated from the law school. I bet other Muslim ladies abided by the rules.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by abdoolorunwa(m): 6:24am On Dec 16, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES
Ur hatred is written all over u. go study ur bible,flip to deut. 18:18-20 '...what he shall hear he shall speak'. Jesus,son of Mary prophecy and d quran is proof of d words heard and spoken through our beloved prophet,Muhammad (S.A.W).Can u prove otherwise?
stop d hate and stop being a hypocrate of d bible.we know d bible better.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by tete7000(m): 6:26am On Dec 16, 2017
CastedDude:
See Photo Of Daughter Of NBA President Being Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab

The President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. A.B. Mahmoud (SAN), has shared a picture of his daughter, Zubaida Mahmoud, covered in Hijab at the ceremony admitting her to the New York Bar earlier this year...

The NBA president shared the photo following the trending controversy after a student of the Nigerian Law from the University of Ilorin by name Amasa Firdaus was not called to the Nigerian bar by the Body of Benchers on the 12th day of December, 2017 over refusal to remove her hijab before entering the International Conference Centre...

Amasa Firdaus had insisted on wearing her wig on top of her Hijab as she was already dressed in her new gown.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/zubaida-mahmoud-being-admitted-to-new-york-bar-covered-in-hijab.html

The president of bar association crying on the internet? I think he is well placed to address his grievance from within, why resort to internet? And this country self, his daughter was even called to bar in US, not Nigeria, yet he sits on top our own bar association looting Nigerian fund to send theirs abroad. No wonder he is posting internet nonsense to cause a public dissent when he is better positioned to make correction, if any exists from inside. The don't have the will to do right things. Sits only to make enough money to take care of theirs outside the country

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by zionmde: 6:26am On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

Killing anywhere will elicit government response - to protect the citizens. Money will therefore be spent
When child witches are killed in the South, the government is a failure if it does not investigate it

Tell us what these Muslims do.
Is it not disingenuous for a Fani Kayode (from Ife) to lambast Islam for violence when no Muslims have attacked his people in Ife, but the Modakekes have done so.
Islam has been in the SW for hundreds of year to the extent that the Islamic word for supplication (Dua) has been assimilated into Yoruba language . There are many more such words
Yet Muslims have never fought Christians in the SW.

You need to. Otherwise anyone can claim anything
Afterall in the public space, the debate about tithe has been buttressed with quotes from the Bible

I have seen Christians talk about their religion too. Recently CAN was asked to stop criticising sukuk and recommend low interest source of fund to the country

You see, you confuse custom with religion
The first time somebody accused Muslims of honour killing, I did not know what he was talking about. I later realised that people in Indo-Paki area practise it according to their local customs, notwithstanding their religion

I know a woman who finished secondary school at 16, got married, had two children and later went to study medicine
Today she is a grandma at 43, a medical doctor and Masters degree holder in epidemiology

Islam encourages education. It encourages lifelong learning.
How come Muslims outside Nigeria are better educated and those in Nigeria?
Even Muslims in the US who come to Nigeria fault some acts of Nigerian Muslims by quoting religious texts
The average Muslim in America knows more about Islam than the average Nigerian Muslim

I am quite sure that given the spate of rape in India and the inhuman treatment of the girls in the process, there would have been greater uproar if India were a Muslim country. Does hinduism teach them what they do?
I think I am following u to derail from the topic a lot. Please on a thread that ur points and questions are related mention me. I will give u the answers bit by bit. But for now let's face the topic

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by bafsonbaf: 6:26am On Dec 16, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES
u are an illiterate of highest order! assuming Thesame happened to you as a Christian will you put the bible ahead of the constitution or what? just here your self common sense you dont know, i pity your life. hypocrite is what u are defined by.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Kpartners: 6:28am On Dec 16, 2017
Please where is the ceremony here
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by slye(m): 6:29am On Dec 16, 2017
What is wrong with hijab?

The intolerance and hatred for Islam is real sad

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

What human right? When she enrolled in the university to study law, was she told that a hijab is part of the official dress code for lawyers? Why try to change the dress code, at the last minute? Why didn't she start a campaign to be allowed to wear her hijab as part of her court dressing, when she started law school?

You do have a valid point. An Adamu Orisha adherent maybturn up wearing the outfit of an Eyo masquerade in court, one day. Abi, how you take see am....?
I don't have time for idiot like u
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by OKOOMOGE: 6:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Thank you sister for upholding the tenets of Islam. You have done nothing wrong. The only problem is Nigeria is filled with people who are religiously intolerant.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 16, 2017
zionmde:

Is there anything like human right in Islam when it has to do with women?
hatred for Islam won't make you know
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by zionmde: 6:32am On Dec 16, 2017
bafsonbaf:

u are an illiterate of highest order! assuming Thesame happened to you as a Christian will you put the bible ahead of the constitution or what? just here your self common sense you dont know, i pity your life. hypocrite is what u are defined by.
I guess the next hajiya to complain will be the one that will be disallowed from wearing a ninja mask all in the name of cover them up.
For deeper life members wearing trousers is a sin, yet they don't complain about the NYSC uniform, yet u will see a ninja in camp in the name of wearing burka.

As for being an illiterate, if ur highest degree can be compared to my least degree I will give all ur family members scholarship throughout their University education, both ur parents that I don't think went to school
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Muhammad3555(m): 6:33am On Dec 16, 2017
what so special about the hijab...dis issue tire me ooooo....
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by zionmde: 6:34am On Dec 16, 2017
bamidelee:

hatred for Islam won't make you know
That's why am asking wat right aisha had for her childhood to be destroyed at 9yrs by ur PBUH

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by nonxo007(m): 6:35am On Dec 16, 2017
CastedDude:
See Photo Of Daughter Of NBA President Being Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab

The President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. A.B. Mahmoud (SAN), has shared a picture of his daughter, Zubaida Mahmoud, covered in Hijab at the ceremony admitting her to the New York Bar earlier this year...

The NBA president shared the photo following the trending controversy after a student of the Nigerian Law from the University of Ilorin by name Amasa Firdaus was not called to the Nigerian bar by the Body of Benchers on the 12th day of December, 2017 over refusal to remove her hijab before entering the International Conference Centre...

Amasa Firdaus had insisted on wearing her wig on top of her Hijab as she was already dressed in her new gown.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/zubaida-mahmoud-being-admitted-to-new-york-bar-covered-in-hijab.html

Oga show us a picture of a lawyer wearing a wig and hijab in the court and we'll think about taking you serious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.