Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,409 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate (30268 Views)

90-year-old Emir Of Daura, Faruk Umar Marries 20-year-old Bride (Pictures) / The History Of Daura Emirate / Signifiance Of Daura Emirate Turbaning Ceremony Of Female Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2017
kings09:
The truth pain am cheesy.

How many of the elites' daughters hv bn forced or kidnapped into suicide bombing. Their rich keep flexing while the poor are used for prosecuting jihads

1. Considering i am a Southerner, how does the truth pain me.
2,Have lived in the North, and have read extensively about the Boko issue...so I knows what i speak.
3,People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. How many of the Southern elite daughters have been forced into baby factories too? How many of them work in the brothels in the South.?
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by cremeboy: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2017
Sirheny007:
cheesy cheesy
The'd probably marry her off to lipsrsealed before she turns 8
you and the idiot above you don’t have sense. Fools
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by bughead: 10:19am On Dec 16, 2017
Harbdulrasaq:
Emir of Daura, H.R.H. Alhaji Umar Farouk Umar, on December 13, conferred on his young daughter, Princess Halima Sadiya Umar Farouk, the title of Mayajiya Yakumo of Daura Emirate.

After the turbaning ceremony, Gimbiya Aisha Umar Farouk threw a lavish birthday party for her daughter, who turned one year same day.

The monarch got married to his young wife in mid 2015.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/photos-emir-of-dauras-one-year-old_16.html

the Muslim communities just found one of the missing 77 virgins!
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Flaghouse1: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Does anyone know the relevance of the turbaning?

You took the question out of my mouth, see plausible reason below

Loading................. ..... ........ I don't know

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by dieBYfire: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2017
This clowns up north are funny undecided
Why embalming the poor kid in such filthy regalia? undecided
You turban a 1 year old baby girl, Just say she's getting married, cos this cows up north give out their kids at tender age some even do so before birth ... Rubbish angry
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by bughead: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2017
nototribalist:
She will be married by next year, I trust those headslammers
old men will be calling her like this!

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Xionez(m): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2017
kennygee:
This child has got no chill, she looks so regal and in control like she understands what's going on. Asides the last picture, the first picture looks like she's posting about the turbaning ceremony on IG.

grin grin grin

Probably posting on FB like

"I don't know WTF is happening right now. I am on a purple hoodie of some sort and on display. I think i am placed for adoption. Mama wasn't joking when she said i crapped my pants too much and she couldn't take it anymore. #deepshit #noseriously.imindeepshit #helpme"

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Edge1(m): 10:35am On Dec 16, 2017
Abbeyme:
See Emir's family without hijab in public o. Some southerners would now come and kill themselves over this matter.

grin grin . Laughing in arabic

Let some jobless lawyers sue them to sharia courts na.

Then what stops a prospective barrister from keeping hers at home than wearing it to her call to bar ceremony when she knew it was prohibited by law?
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Edge1(m): 10:39am On Dec 16, 2017
9jakohai:

1. Considering i am a Southerner, how does the truth pain me.
2,Have lived in the North, and have read extensively about the Boko issue...so I knows what i speak.
3,People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. How many of the Southern elite daughters have been forced into baby factories too? How many of them work in the brothels in the South.?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by gqboyy(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2017
Little boss lady
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2017
9jakohai:

The current traditional ruler of Agbor in Delta State, the Dein was crowned at the age of two years old in 1979

Henry the Sixth of England was crowned at the age of one year in the 15th Century.

Ignorance indeed....

The Southerners in Nigeria and the English are less in need of political reform than the backward northerners. In any case, the fact that it happened in the past doesn't mean that we should condone it now

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by maclatunji: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
am short of word, buh poor northerner people are survering frm ignorance.

God, save us from people like this.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by mu2sa2: 11:03am On Dec 16, 2017
purem:
All l can say on this is that l have nothing to say lipsrsealed
But bros, what you posted is what you have to say. So you have said what you want to say!
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Beetobee(f): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2017
9jakohai:

The current traditional ruler of Agbor in Delta State, the Dein was crowned at the age of two years old in 1979

Henry the Sixth of England was crowned at the age of one year in the 15th Century.

Ignorance indeed....

Thank you for educating them(if their brains can absorb sha)

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by amazon14: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2017
And they are not wearing hijab in the important tradition
The poor northerners are fools
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by OfficialAwol(m): 11:30am On Dec 16, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Lol. Waste of resources
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Beetobee(f): 11:37am On Dec 16, 2017
dieBYfire:
This clowns up north are funny undecided
Why embalming the poor kid in such filthy regalia? undecided
You turban a 1 year old baby girl, Just say she's getting married, cos this cows up north give out their kids at tender age some even do so before birth ... Rubbish angry

And the non-Northern goons are so despicable and a menace to society. Better to be the former than the latter.
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Flaghouse1: 11:38am On Dec 16, 2017
OfficialAwol:

Lol. Waste of resources

All is just slow off to the neglected and poor subjects ,I really can't see the essence of this elaborate celebration or turbaning ceremony,such events is suppose to arise as the untimely demise of a paramount ruler and the next in line to the throne is not yet ripe to ascend the throne due to the fact that the person is still underage (a child)

Well that is Nigeria for you ,anything goes !!!!

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by dieBYfire: 11:44am On Dec 16, 2017
Beetobee:

And the non-Northern goons are so despicable and a menace to society. Better to be the former than the latter.

What more can I say
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by teefeh25(f): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
one word comes to the mind.. #colourful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by shallysgirl: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
This emir still dey born.smh
No wonder nigeria money don finish.
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by sanerugwei: 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
Buh why that man come wear horn abi na rabbit ears for head naa.
Small now they will say he is a rag head..
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by sanerugwei: 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
This is haram in the harem.. No hijab or masquerade.. The wives carry makeup full face... Yet on fanatics wants to start with hijab in law school. Like say na she sabi slam head for ground pass this amir..
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by DaBillionnaire: 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
turbaning a year old and you spend so much money on the celebrations while poverty is on a great rise in the region.

i actually used to think being an Emir was a religious position, i never knew its just a political position.

another brand of failures.

i am watching how you will crown your next baby with another turban.

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
ayourbamie:
Is the baby bleaching ? Or is it my phone
And the women.. My brothers go dey make cash from them.
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by Lexusgs430: 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
This is clearly child abuse ......
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by sisisioge: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
Cutie pie grin
Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Does anyone know the relevance of the turbaning?

Flaghouse1:

The Hausa States were original Matriarchal ruled by a Queen. E.g. Sarrounia /Magajiya. Even the Priestesses were women.
Due to islamization one of the ancient Queens of Daura was forced to run away or face death at the hands of male relatives and she reached Longou and gave birth to the Sarrounia of Longou which even now is ruled by a Female Hausa Queen. The kingdom of Longou was animist Pagan purely till 50 years back.

Daura state is itself name after the famous Queen of that region,, Daurama.

Daura Emir is still Hausa lineage. Not Fulani. He is Sarkin Daura.

List of Daura female rulers:

Kurfuru, Shata, Gino, Walzama, Shawata, Daura, Batatume, Yanbamu, Innagari, Gamata, Sandamata, Jamata, Zama, Yakumo, Yukuna, Gizirgizir, and Hamata.

The senior princess in the Daura emir's family is still known today by the title Magajiva.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
DaBillionnaire:
turbaning a year old and you spend so much money on the celebrations while poverty is on a great rise in the region.

i actually used to think being an Emir was a religious position, i never knew its just a political position.

another brand of failures.

i am watching how you will crown your next baby with another turban.

Daura is one of the oldest Original Hausa Sarkindoms.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
sanerugwei:
This is haram in the harem.. No hijab or masquerade.. The wives carry makeup full face... Yet on fanatics wants to start with hijab in law school. Like say na she sabi slam head for ground pass this amir..

This custom has nothing to do with islam. Its a Pagan Hausa custom.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate by OfficialAwol(m): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

The Hausa States were original Matriarchal ruled by a Queen. E.g. Sarrounia /Magajiya. Even the Priestesses were women.
Due to islamization one of the ancient Queens of Daura was forced to run away or face death at the hands of male relatives and she reached Longou and gave birth to the Sarrounia of Longou which even now is ruled by a Female Hausa Queen. The kingdom of Longou was animist Pagan purely till 50 years back.

Daura state is itself name after the famous Queen of that region,, Daurama.

Daura Emir is still Hausa lineage. Not Fulani. He is Sarkin Daura.

List of Daura female rulers:

Kurfuru, Shata, Gino, Walzama, Shawata, Daura, Batatume, Yanbamu, Innagari, Gamata, Sandamata, Jamata, Zama, Yakumo, Yukuna, Gizirgizir, and Hamata.

The senior princess in the Daura emir's family is still known today by the title Magajiva.

Thank you for educating me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Olowu Of Owu Oba Dosunmu Is Dead / Fire Guts Part Of Ooni’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.