Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,401 members, 7,839,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) (32071 Views)

Promo Buy Your Nadia Rice (photos) / Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun / After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Dnockeror333(m): 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
How much does a bag cost?
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Ihatepork: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
Airforce1:
I don't like the taste and smell of Ofada rice so I will pass

You could have easily ignored the thread but like the typical ipob miscreant that you are, you just had to post nonsense. Stay off Nairaland and focus on your career that that has refused to grow, you won't listen. You'll be posting rubbish all over the place. Poverty stricken clown that thinks eating bread and egg is "balling" grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
grin grin grin
Ogun Ofada rice

Ogun to sell branded rice in December, says commissioner

The Ogun State Government says it has concluded plans to release locally-produced and branded rice, Mitros, by December 2017.
Adebajo said the state has begun harvesting 30 hectares out of the 100 hectares of rice plantation and would be ready for distribution latest December 2017 after all due processes had been followed.

http://punchng.com/ogun-to-sell-branded-rice-in-december-says-commissioner/

Anambra rice

Coscharies rice farm
Coscharis Farms, strategically located within Anambra 'light of our nation' is home to hygienically fertilized and cultured rice grains processed by in house bio-experts into 100% Sortexed long grain parboiled rice for mass market supply and consumption.

The farm is currently growing on 2500 hectares of land with anticipated 5000 hectares of out-growers scheme in the first phase of the project implementation. In 2016 planting season the farm's target of first production at commercial quantity on 500 hectares to achieve 3000 metric tons of rice paddy.

With the local consumption of rice in Anambra State estimated at 300,000 metric tons and present production only 20,000 metric tons, Coscharis Farms aims to put their shoulder to the wheel by producing about 20,000 metric tons of rice by 2018, when the farm would have achieved full capacity rice operations in the first phase. Coscharis Farms plans to expand cultivation to 10, 000 hectares of land in the second phase of the project with a capacity to produce about 70,000 metric tons of rice.

http://coscharisgroup.net/coscharis-farms

Joseph Agro rice farm and Giant mill in Anamba

Joseph Agro Industries USD150 million investment in Anambra includes increasing the production capacity of the integrated mill to a new capacity of 100,000mt, the development of 14,000 hectares of land into precision levelled and highly irrigated rice fields, the construction of a green energy power plant using rice husks as the feedstock and creating thousands of jobs for rural farmers.
http://www.josephagro.com/commodities/rice/

Just two among many rice farms in Anambra grin grin we are not mate, Anambra long grain parboiled rice is available from January to December not Lagos and Ogun that wait for December to blow their trumpets grin grin

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Guestlander: 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
Fayose should also try and revive rice production in Ekiti. This is far more beneficial to the people than free Christmas clothes.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Danladi7: 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
SOFTENGR:
Good news from Ogun for the first time.
You just started using the internet this night

5 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Cherez: 9:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
Okoyeeboz:

The entire Igbo land produces less rice than areas ravaged by Boko haram.

Igbos keep shouting that they have Abakaliki rice but every December, they carry rice from the SW back to the east as if there is famine in Igbo land.
My guy, I did not want to comment seeing a lot of online hypes.
Note: Not just rice but all imported products in the SE are from the SW. The rice from SW to the SE are all foreign rice and hardly OFADA rice; the imports are from Lagos wharf, Badagary/Owode Apa and Ogun state (Idiroko, tube, owode and Ilara).
Even in Ogun state, 95% of rice consumed or at the markets are border smuggled rice or "rebagged".
We all here know this hype is just like the Obiano hype abd if you argue this and have not bought a bag or even half a bag of ofada since January, then you could be evasive.
I am not from Ogun but the state has a huge potential as per over flow from Lagos but truly Amosun isnt taking full advantage of this.
Only if Fashola were to be the Gov of Ogun state
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by SOFTENGR: 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
wristbangle:

Smh for this one! Petrolex nko last week? Carry your hatred off this place my friend.
Ogun grin grin
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Charly68: 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
This is what we need & not buying of clothes for few children in the name of social welfare ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Iamzik: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:
Good job.

South West and APC are leading lights to be emulated.

By the way, Ofada rice is quite delicious.

Leave APC out of this.
If it's a party thing why is yahaya Bello punishing Kogi people, why is ortom commissioning wheelbarrows in Benue, why is aregbesola building bridges and airport on paper?

It's not by party. It's the vision a leader carries
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
amahthelma:
That is lovely sha for the Ogun people known for locals....i don't like all diz local food like seriously I take continental meals ....ofadi or ofada whatever it makes me sick...

You don't know what you are missing!

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Scout60(m): 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:
Good job.
APC is trying including that mumu man erecting status all around owerri
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Scout60(m): 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:
Good job.
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Paulosky1900: 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
Efewestern:

hmmm..

Do not moved by what you see online, Ogun is no better than any other state in Nigeria, all na parkaging .

Even Lagos na still overhype, like the way I they hype waffi most times.

name one state from the east that is more productive than ogun state?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by turawafett(f): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
Are you interested in Agriculture, I have large parcel of land that is free from Government acquisition which you can use for farm and then turn it to whatever you like in future, land from 50k per plot. Call 08033248913.

The agricultural revolution is real, foreigners are already tapping it, plantain plantation on 6 plots of land @ 300k will give you more money than a bank fix deposit. Lands are located in Ogun state off Lagos ibadan expressway.

23000 acres of land with c of o is available at Iseyin in Oyo state @ 500k per acre. The time is now.
Invest in Agriculture.
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by nototribalist: 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
Zico5:
I'm sure some ugwu sellers will not be happy with this news. South West has gone beyond chest beating. we lead and others follow, though they will not give in because of pride and jealous.
we don't eat such smelly rice. I nova chop or see lake rice then to talk of smelly ofada rice. If I hear

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
36STATES:
Those that produce rice will show you the rice growing in the field, being planted, being harvested.
Showing you a stack of bagged rice is no proof. Go to Youtube and watch areas in Nigeria that produce rice;
with the paddy fields and all the activities of farming.

The whole story of Ofada rice is a big lie, no actual commercial rice farm exists in Ofada.
some of you are just allergic to good news. it's public knowledge that Ogun state is the second highest producer on the list of rice producing states in Nigeria. Ogun produces more rice that the whole south east.
stop hating

it has been discussed at length here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3969645/largest-rice-producing-states-geopolitical

2 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Paulosky1900: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
post=63345369:

grin grin grin
Ogun Ofada rice

The Ogun State Government says it has concluded plans to release locally-produced and branded rice, Mitros, by December 2017.
Adebajo said the state has begun harvesting 30 hectares out of the 100 hectares of rice plantation and would be ready for distribution latest December 2017 after all due processes had been followed.

Anambra rice

Coscharies rice farm
Coscharis Farms, strategically located within Anambra 'light of our nation' is home to hygienically fertilized and cultured rice grains processed by in house bio-experts into 100% Sortexed long grain parboiled rice for mass market supply and consumption.

The farm is currently growing on 2500 hectares of land with anticipated 5000 hectares of out-growers scheme in the first phase of the project implementation. In 2016 planting season the farm's target of first production at commercial quantity on 500 hectares to achieve 3000 metric tons of rice paddy.

With the local consumption of rice in Anambra State estimated at 300,000 metric tons and present production only 20,000 metric tons, Coscharis Farms aims to put their shoulder to the wheel by producing about 20,000 metric tons of rice by 2018, when the farm would have achieved full capacity rice operations in the first phase. Coscharis Farms plans to expand cultivation to 10, 000 hectares of land in the second phase of the project with a capacity to produce about 70,000 metric tons of rice.

Joseph Agro Industries USD150 million investment in Anambra includes increasing the production capacity of the integrated mill to a new capacity of 100,000mt, the development of 14,000 hectares of land into precision levelled and highly irrigated rice fields, the construction of a green energy power plant using rice husks as the feedstock and creating thousands of jobs for rural farmers.

Just two among many rice farms in Anambra grin grin we are not mate, Anambra long grain parboiled rice is available from January to December not Lagos and Ogun that wait for December to blow their trumpets grin grin

political lies..what about 5billion vegetable leaves(ugwu) claim by anambra governor that he exported meanwhile ugwu is expensive here in anambra....baldardash!!

6 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
baddosky1:
Probably synthetic rice processed from crushed skulls undecided undecided
it's produced from your brain.

since your brain is missing

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by GavelSlam: 10:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
Scout60:

Nothing wrong with statues you guys are too sentimental.

The few if you that travel to other countries take pictures at iconic places with statues and other artefacts why don't you complain then.

Whenever I have time I'll take a visit to Owerri to see the statues live.
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
post=63345369:

grin grin grin
Ogun Ofada rice

Anambra rice

Coscharies rice farm

knock yourself out here

so because the state government is o my harvesting 100hectares means private investors don't have theirs? keep trying to catch up grin Ogun produces more rice than the entire south east!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
Efewestern:

In terms in industry ogun is better than Delta, but Delta has more Urban Areas than Ogun.

So it depends on the factor you are using to compare.
buhahahahahaha more urban areas my as$

a lot of places people call Lagos are actually Ogun state.

agbara, iju and Abeokuta express way are all Ogun state. not to mention sagamu, Abeokuta itself.
then if I start mentioning the areas of Ogun state between berger and redeemed camp which is already urban.

the only urban areas in delta are asaba, warri, ughelli and sapele

your abraka is not any better than ijebu ode.
Abraka is just a town like ijebu ode not a city. apart from delsu there is nothing serious there.

you can only fool those that haven't been to delta state before

6 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
coputa:
kiddie,Igbo is the second highest producer of rice in Nigeria(Abakaliki rice) After Ekpoma in Edo state.
lol Ogun state produces more rice than the entire south east

if you want to tell lies tell it at your beer parlour not here grin

4 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
Great,but im just always feeling sad about Oyo state,we don't respect agriculture again except lo kose.
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
akins177:
. slay momo....I know u not like it, bt APU is ur best food tongue
funkeeeeeee gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2017
post=63344759:

Always calling your nightmare, see the way you guys are making silly noise over 30 hectares of local Ofada rice farm at Eggua, in Yewa North lga, ofada rice only consume in west, nobody knows ofada rice outside southwest grin grin grin
it's not only ofada that is produced in Ogun. you like to ague blindly

4 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Scout60(m): 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:

Nothing wrong with statues you guys are too sentimental.

The few if you that travel to other countries take pictures at iconic places with statues and other artefacts why don't you complain then.

Whenever I have time I'll take a visit to Owerri to see the statues live.

I know that this man get supporters
how on earth do you mould statues of people who have not contributed anything to your state yet you are oweing workers?
maybe you gats tell your government to mould statues since Una like am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Oblang(m): 12:32am On Dec 17, 2017
36STATES:
Imported rice for christmas.
Where is the rice field, tractors, harvesters, mills etc?
Nigerian politicians and scam.

The field dey ur backyard na..
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by seguno2: 2:39am On Dec 17, 2017
shervydman:
Good development.

Good propaganda.
APC has given its leaders the task of spreading lies in the form of future IMPOSSIBLE tense like their campaign promises.
Ask yourself, does the article say that the rice is already being sold? If yes, at what price compared to 2015 price?
11th commandment- thou shall not allow thyself to be deceived by desperate politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by seguno2: 2:42am On Dec 17, 2017
morayho:
Why are the bags of rice arranged in form of a pyramid?
More like a Ponzi scheme grin cheesy

Because it is a Ponzi scheme of just one pyramid, which may even be of repacked imported rice.

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by seguno2: 2:45am On Dec 17, 2017
36STATES:
Imported rice for christmas.
Where is the rice field, tractors, harvesters, mills etc?
Nigerian politicians and scam.

You know the game.
You know the score.
You are NOT one of Lagbaja’s 200 million mumus living in the geographical area called Nigeria.
Tiri gbosas for you, bro.

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Cherez: 5:07am On Dec 17, 2017
nototribalist:
we don't eat such smelly rice. I nova chop or see lake rice then to talk of smelly ofada rice. If I hear
Bros, but I thought your tag says, "NO-TO-TRIBALISTS"?
Its a shame if you have let nairaland spoil you this much..
We youths in this country are the problem just like the old political hags.
Most of all these news apart from private investments are hypes.
Niigerian govts from fg to the states are all about propaganda.
Hardly have I seen local rice around even in occasions no one cooks local rice and it is hardly available even at the malls too.
Obiano will show you a rice mill that cannot feed only Onitsha and have the guts to say Anambra is producing rice and some people wey never see am buy go come nairaland and start arguing it is development.
This country is a joke

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Kills A Cobra While Surveying His Farm (Photos) / Photos - Rubber Tapping In Nigeria / Coscharis Adds More Monster Commercial Rice Harvesters In Anambra- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.