Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain (3574 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by smile11s(m): 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2010
Lars Lagerback has named John Mikel Obi as Nigeria’s captain, saying he needs a ‘fresh young face’ to guide the troops for the long term.

The Chelsea starlet replaces Nwankwo Kanu, whose place in the squad must now come into question.

“He is a young player, a good player with a great future, and I think already he shows great promise,” Lagerback said in Lagos on Wednesday. “As we go into the future, it is important to get a fresh, young face to be the team leader.”

Lagerback dismissed doubts about Mikel's ability to handle the responsibility, saying leadership cannot be learned.

“I speak to him and he knows it is a big responsibility. I am sure he will have no problems with the rest of the team.”

On former skipper Kanu, Lagerback refused to be drawn. “I have made my decision. It is important that every member of the team respect and work with the new captain. It is more important to be selected to play for your country than to be captain.”

DISCLAIMER: THIS STORY IS NOT TRUE. IT IS AN APRIL FOOL'S DAY JOKE. THANKS FOR HAVING FUN WITH US.
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by mamagee3(f): 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
Biggest Mistake ever made after Amodu's Position as Coach. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by sulad82i(m): 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
mama-gee:

Biggest Mistake ever made after Amodu's Position as Coach. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Can u read? Dont you see that the poster said naa April Fool.
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by smile11s(m): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
lol
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by mamagee3(f): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2010
sulad82i:

Can u read? Dont you see that the poster said naa April Fool.
All these dumb "April Foolers" sef, Can someone please ban them. angry
Anyway, thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by smile11s(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2010
@mamagee,

April is just for fun, why ban it?
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by detopshot(m): 5:02am On Apr 03, 2010
@Poster: LWKMD. that was good. i wouldn't even be suprised cos earlier in the week, the coach said he is the best nigerian player at the moment.
@Mama gee: lol. sorry o, but i didn't tak any post serious today until i read the last sentence. u know what? i'm wonderin if NTA could say in their news headlines 'STAY ON AS WE BRING YOU A LIVE BROADCAST BY PRESIDENT YARADUA' then they'll say- APRIL FOOL! lol
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by chidichris(m): 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2010
some april can go beyond april.
if mikel is named the captain of the eagles, i think that will get him more committed to the team.
by the way, he is the best nigerian footballer at the moment.
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by na2day2(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2010
mama-gee:

All these dumb "April Foolers" sef, Can someone please ban them. angry
Anyway, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

that is what happens when u are quick to judge ppl and yes, u are always quick to judge and curse out folks tongue tongue
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by 12large: 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2010
kai lai lai a useless player like mikel naija captain it can never happen. do you know that if mikel has one on one with the keeper he would back pass the ball
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2010
it is true ohhhh
Re: Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2010
Heard it on peak soccer moments this night,few minutes ago. mikel obi is the new captain and we got like 2/3 friendlies

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Messi Could Face Up To Six Years In Prison. / Dropping It Odds Daily / Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.