Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser (8641 Views)

Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach / Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain / Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2010
News just filtering in says  that the former Swedish coach, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Lagerb%C3%A4ck]Lars Lagerback[/url], has been named the new SE coach.  More details are still coming.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by snowdrops(m): 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2010
Lager who

Na beer grin
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2010
snowdrops:

Lager who

Na beer grin
I wonder oh!I hear he was Sweden's co-coach a while back,i think to 2002 World Cup.
It'sstill to be confirmed though
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by fosbiggy(m): 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2010
lol, na star Lager beer .lol!!!!Hope he will get enough to Drink when he arrives if he is confirmed
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by larimo(m): 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
Its on Channels. I hope its not a world cup contract. At least 2 years regardless of the results from the WC.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by tayoast(m): 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2010
Mazel Tov, Lager
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by semid4lyfe(m): 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2010
Heard the same news on Channels TV too. . . .seems Eguavoen is to be one of his assistants.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by sultan003(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2010
Is this confirmed, because even wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_national_football_team is stating that he is the new coach,
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by semid4lyfe(m): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2010
Damn!. . . .dem don even add am to im wikipedia entry, lol
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Lagerback?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by akinalabi(m): 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Damn!. . . .dem don even add am to im wikipedia entry, lol

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Lagerback

sultan003:

Is this confirmed, because even wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_national_football_team is stating that he is the new coach,

I dont know if its true. Wiki is not a source you can rely on. Anyone can put up a wiki article and say Fergie is the new coach. I'm not saying its not true. Just saying wiki is not a source to quote for authentic news

Anything less than second round outing at the world cup, he should be sacked.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by chelseabmw(m): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2010
just saw it on channels news
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by beninman1(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
But how come it is not on NTA or AIT.

Sounds like a false tale to me.

The meeting only began at 7pm this evening and was scheduled to run late into the night but Channels started announcing ages ago,
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by IbrahimB: 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2010
sultan003:

Even YOU, can create a Wikipedia account and write or edit anything. Wikipedia is an encyclopaedia with several contributing authors from around the world.
This is not saying the story is false anyway. But you shouldn't cite Wikipedia as an authority.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by tayoast(m): 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2010
the news is all over d place already.

Channels News confirms d report
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by wendoworld(m): 2:10am On Feb 27, 2010
Abeg na hw many years e remain for world cup tongue wey dem just dey apply coach?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 27, 2010
believe it or not Lagerback is d new TA of Nig Super Eagles. wish him luck
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by azeeza(f): 7:59am On Feb 27, 2010
lagerback ke. lipsrsealed
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by buchio7(m): 8:01am On Feb 27, 2010
good choice. D main tin is will dey give him d support he needs?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 27, 2010
He was given a 5 months contract to lead Nigeria to the world cup
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 27, 2010
Wikipedia cannot be a trusted source of info,because anybody can edit the info there.
We need other sources other than Channels.
Checked FIFA,BBC,soccernet websites,no luck on confirmation of the appointment as of yesterday.

He may be decent,but he really didn't do much with Sweden with the likes of Larsson,Ibrahimovic and Ljunberg.
Well,what do I know?The Powers that Be who keep appointing mediocres for ur Super Eagles know best.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by FBS: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2010
Nigeria pick Lagerback
Nigeria have picked Swede Lars Lagerback and signed him on an initial 5-month deal to take the Super Eagles to the World Cup in South Africa later this year.

Lagerback, who coached his native Sweden for nine years, was picked ahead of fellow Swede Sven Goran Eriksson, Englishman Glen Hoddle, Serb Ratomir Djukovic and Frenchman Bruno Metsu.

The Swede was the last of the five candidates to arrive Abuja and was interviewed on Friday afternoon.

The executive committee of the Nigeria Football Association subsequently went into an eight-hour meeting before announcing Lagerback as the new coach.
http://www.kickoff.com/2010/news/14102/nigeria-pick-lagerback.php

------

So LL it is eh? on a 5 month initial deal?  shocked Will he be living in Nigeria during this time?
All well and good. Does anyone know why he was picked?
Will Sia1 be in the setup? what will happen to Amodu the coach?

Isn't it funny that 5 foreign coaches applied to coach Nigeria? Would they have done this if The SE are not WC bound?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by semid4lyfe(m): 10:55am On Feb 27, 2010
Hmmm. . . .I really wanted an Amodu & Sia1 combo to take us to SA 2010. However, amongst all the Foreign coaches he was my preferred choice followed by Glen Hoddle. . . .I heard he was selected partly becos he was the most knowledgeable about Nigerian football and Nigerian footballers. Dude must have really prepared hard & wella for the interview.
Up Lagerback! Up Super Eagles! Up Nigeria!
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by FBS: 10:57am On Feb 27, 2010
The man looks serious. . .all in all we expect some serious improvement.

@Semid4lyfe, you mean to say that he knew even about our home based players?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by abhosts(m): 11:04am On Feb 27, 2010
Another Waste of Money. Siasia would have been a better pick.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by semid4lyfe(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2010
FBS:

The man looks serious. . .all in all we expect some serious improvement.

@Semid4lyfe, you mean to say that he knew even about our home based players?
Guy, I said I heard he was the most knowledgeable about Nigerian football & Nigerian footballers of all those interviewed. . . . .Maybe he did his research and prepared well after all everything na 'google' these days so to sabi Naija home-based players no go too hard nah. . . . .Remember he was the last man to be interviewed and the NFF allegedly had contact/pre-contract talks & agreement with him in London, so some sources are saying he had already been selected before Yesterday.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by semid4lyfe(m): 11:53am On Feb 27, 2010
Funny enough I'm happy over his appointment. . . . He's to be assisted by Eguavoen and that 'dunce' Amokachi
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by rasputinn(m): 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2010
Lager no be beer??

Well let him settle down quickly and throw the camp open ASAP
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by FBS: 12:07pm On Feb 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Guy, I said I heard he was the most knowledgeable about Nigerian football & Nigerian footballers of all those interviewed. . . . .Maybe he did his research and prepared well after all everything na 'google' these days so to sabi Naija home-based players no go too hard nah. . . . .Remember he was the last man to be interviewed and the NFF allegedly had contact/pre-contract talks & agreement with him in London, so some sources are saying he had already been selected before Yesterday.
I'm sure you will agree that google cannot exactly tell you how good a player is. Knowing the name of a player means nothing. Besides, its easier for you to fly to space than to get a youtube video of our home based players.
The way you put it, I would have thought the guy coached in Nigeria before.  grin

But since you heard from somewhere. . .we can categorise it as a "rumour" then.  cheesy

rasputinn:

Lager no be beer??

Well let him settle down quickly and throw the camp open ASAP
According to NFF, camp will open in May.
Does anyone know if our March 3 against ? will take place?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by AndreUweh(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2010
Fellow Nigerians, please support the new manager.
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by semid4lyfe(m): 12:42pm On Feb 27, 2010
FBS, who would u have preferred among the coaches interviewed?
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by bandely(m): 12:44pm On Feb 27, 2010
Yaay! Lagerbeer! grin grin grin grin
Re: Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser by FBS: 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

FBS, who would u have preferred among the coaches interviewed?

@Semid4lyfe,
To be honest with you Lars Lagerbeer (now I dub him Uncle L or Uncle LL cheesy ) would have been my choice.
My reason: I think he may be able to instil discipline into them players.
Just my opinion though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference / Siasia's Records-the Facts / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC Women's Footballer Of The Year 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.