Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. (1763 Views)

Nigerian Who Bought ₦1 Billion Chevrolet In Turkey Arrested (Pics, Video) / A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This / Pre-order 2011 Chevrolet Volt: USES PETROL/ELECTRIC (charger Included, 4.85M+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by gimbayaro(m): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
my friend is planing to buy a 2010 Chevrolet camaro,but he is scared because of fear of the unknown...he loves the car but he doesn't know much about it. he is afraid he may buy it and end up facing a lot of challenges from electric problem,gearbox problem and other problems that may arise.

please if anyone one knows much about this car,Ur help is needed here. thanks

Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by mayor2013: 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2017
Let him buy it. We are available to fix wink
Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by nurey(m): 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
gimbayaro:
my friend is planing to buy a 2010 Chevrolet camaro,but he is scared because of fear of the unknown...he loves the car but he doesn't know much about it. he is afraid he may buy it and end up facing a lot of challenges from electric problem,gearbox problem and other problems that may arise.

Tell your friend to start with a base dodge charger or base Ford mustang to allay his fears and work his way up to the Camaro bubble bee edition grin
Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
gimbayaro:

Car is way cheaper than it looks. A 2017 Honda accord touring is more expensive than some models of 2017 camaro. But the camaro is a car u will drive in Nigeria and people will think u are driving one kind expensive car lol.

If ur friend doesn't have another car already, he shouldn't even think of buying this. It is not a daily driver especially in Nigeria where parts and know how are limited. But if ur friend already has 1 or 2 cars then let him go ahead, use this as a weekend ride.

1 Like

Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by gimbayaro(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2017
thanks to you all,he has a Toyota avensis already,but he soo much love this car and he wants feed back from me before he make payment for the car this week...

please who knows about the gearbox,brainbox and engine issues especially electrical problems.

thanks
Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by gimbayaro(m): 10:09am On Dec 17, 2017
front view

Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by gimbayaro(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2017
rear view

Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by gimbayaro(m): 10:11am On Dec 17, 2017
interior

Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by nurey(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2017
gimbayaro:
thanks to you all,he has a Toyota avensis already,but he soo much love this car and he wants feed back from me before he make payment for the car this week...

please who knows about the gearbox,brainbox and engine issues especially electrical problems.

thanks

There are 10 cars that share engine parts with this car, but they are all not common and some not even available in Nigeria.

I am sure the camaro will be a good buy if you put things in place and buy a low mileage well maintained car. Besides he can import parts from abroad if need be. This is the kind of car you give to a qualified technician to fix and not gamble on road side kazeem.

The only other thing is someone who likes good things like this shouldn't have problem maintaining it with the right things the car needs
Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by gimbayaro(m): 10:37am On Dec 17, 2017
nurey:

There are 10 cars that share engine parts with this car, but they are all not common and some not even available in Nigeria.

I am sure the camaro will be a good buy if you put things in place and buy a low mileage well maintained car. Besides he can import parts from abroad if need be. This is the kind of car you give to a qualified technician to fix and not gamble on road side kazeem.

The only other thing is someone who likes good things like this shouldn't have problem maintaining it with the right things the car needs

thanks so much brother...his main fear are electric problems,gearbox,engine and other minor errors that occurred due to factory error like that of Nissan altima. he is good at maintaining car and I think he can maintain it and buy spear part abroad.
if you have more advice,I will be glad.

thanks
Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by nurey(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2017
gimbayaro:

thanks so much brother...his main fear are electric problems,gearbox,engine and other minor errors that occurred due to factory error like that of Nissan altima. he is good at maintaining car and I think he can maintain it and buy spear part abroad.
if you have more advice,I will be glad.

thanks

2010 was the 1st model year, if he can afford the 12 to 15,it would be OK since the errors made in the first sets would be corrected in subsequent years. Am not saying the 2010 is bad but If the first sets had issues or factory defects, the correction will be made in subsequent release reason for my advice.

1 Like

Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by gimbayaro(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2017
nurey:

2010 was the 1st model year, if he can afford the 12 to 15,it would be OK since the errors made in the first sets would be corrected in subsequent years. Am not saying the 2010 is bad but If the first sets had issues or factory defects, the correction will be made in subsequent release reason for my advice.

thanks boss,he has already booked this one already,it is because of reasons of factory errors that is why we are looking for advice on the errors the cars have.

thanks bro
Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by Jakumo(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2017
Not long ago I rented a 2016 Chevy Camaro RS at Los Angeles International Airport, and drove it extensively on the Southern California freeway system, from the southern reaches of San Diego County, through Orange county, and up the vast 14 highway that climbs in spectacular arcing splendor, rising into the mountain foothills north of downtown Los Angeles, towards the high desert towns of Palmdale and Lancaster, beyond which the snow-capped mountains of the coastal Sierra range loomed in purple hues, behind wispy grey and white winter cloud formations.

With those hundreds of miles behind the wheel of a brand new Camaro, I can speak with some authority about this vehicle. The car's suspension rendered a smooth and quiet ride, with crisp, responsive steering that required just tiny movements on the wheel to change lanes, and when I set the cruise control while rolling northbound at a steady 70 mph on the magnificent 10-lane Interstate 15 into Riverside County past Lake Elsinore, I felt like I was in the cockpit of a fighter jet.

When bursts of power were needed to take occasional evasive action in traffic, the Camaro's six-cylinder engine and 7-speed auto transmission delivered torque and acceleration that pinned me to my seat. I initially would have preferred to rent the V8 engine SS model Camaro, but there were none at the rental office that day, so I settled for the RS model. All all told, the RS 6-banger model was more than adequate in the horsepower department.

Now, after all this lavish praise, I must inform you why you should NOT buy a 2011-2017 Chevy Camaro. The cars tiny side windows offer extremely poor visibility, with absolutely MASSIVE blind spots over the shoulder of the driver, where clear, unobstructed visibility is VITAL for safety while changing lanes, or even just while backing up. Yes the backup camera helps, but it does NOT give an accurate depiction of distance, in comparison to just looking over your shoulder as you back up, so I often wound up reversing the car to park whilst leaning over to look out the open driver's door.

So, my summary about the new generation Camaros is that they are beautiful to look at, and fun to drive, but absolutely TERRIBLE from a driving safety standpoint, all because that low roof means smaller windows that make it VERY risky to change lanes and back up.

2 Likes

Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by nurey(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jakumo:
Not long ago I rented a 2016 Chevy Camaro RS at Los Angeles International Airport, and drove it extensively on the Southern California freeway system, from the southern reaches of San Diego County, through Orange county, and up the vast 14 highway that climbs in spectacular arcing splendor, up into the mountain foothills north of downtown Los Angeles, towards the high desert towns of Palmdale and Lancaster, beyond which the snow-capped mountains of the coastal range loomed in purple hues, behind wispy grey and white winter clouds formations.

With those hundreds of miles behind the wheel of a brand new Camaro, I can speak with some authority about this vehicle. The car's suspension rendered a smooth and quiet ride, with crisp, responsive steering that required just tiny movements on the wheel to change lanes, and when I set the cruise control while rolling northbound at a steady 70 mph on the magnificent 10-lane Interstate 15 into Riverside County past Lake Elsinore, I felt like I was in the cockpit of a fighter jet.

When bursts of power were needed to take occasional evasive action in traffic, the Camaro's six-cylinder engine and 7-speed auto transmission delivered torque and acceleration that pinned me to my seat. I initially would have preferred to rent the V8 engine SS model Camaro, but there were none at the rental office that day, so I settled for the RS model. All all told, the RS 6-banger model was more than adequate in the horsepower department.

Now, after all this lavish praise, I must inform you why you should NOT buy a 2011-2017 Chevy Camaro. The cars tiny side windows offer extremely poor visibility, with absolutely MASSIVE blind spots over the shoulder of the driver, where clear, unobstructed visibility is VITAL for safety while changing lanes, or even just while backing up. Yes the backup camera helps, but it does NOT give an accurate depiction of distance, in comparison to just looking over your shoulder as you back up, so I often wound up reversing the car to park whilst leaning over to look out the open driver's door.

So, my summary about the new generation Camaros is that they are beautiful to look at, and fun to drive, but absolutely TERRIBLE from a driving safety standpoint, all because that low roof means smaller windows that make it VERY risky to change lanes and back up.

If you are not recommending this car because of blind spots you need to be flogged by an ANGRY MASQUERADE grin

5 Likes

Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by Jakumo(m): 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
nurey:

If you are not recommending this car because of blind spots you need to be flogged by an ANGRY MASQUERADE grin

Oka no fess. I noko talk am akain. I no know say you dey for house.
Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by gimbayaro(m): 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jakumo:
Not long ago I rented a 2016 Chevy Camaro RS at Los Angeles International Airport, and drove it extensively on the Southern California freeway system, from the southern reaches of San Diego County, through Orange county, and up the vast 14 highway that climbs in spectacular arcing splendor, rising into the mountain foothills north of downtown Los Angeles, towards the high desert towns of Palmdale and Lancaster, beyond which the snow-capped mountains of the coastal Sierra range loomed in purple hues, behind wispy grey and white winter cloud formations.

so do you mean 2010 model is a good deal?
Re: Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. by Jakumo(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
Personally I would not buy a newer Camaro because of the very poor visibility out the side, due to the small windows, but any car buyer who feels they can live with the danger posed by that bad visibility, will buy a Camaro regardless of what I have to say on the matter.

(1) (Reply)

g / A Nice BMW 2002 Tii / How To Determing A Good Toyota Camry Ac Compressor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.