Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa (30122 Views)

Help!!! All My Media Files Have 'Disappeared' From My SD Card / Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall / Help. All About Aliexpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by wiloy2k8(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2017
lolj
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by ConcernMan: 7:54am On Dec 17, 2017
Those China phones basically don't work in the West generally. My colleagues in the office have had the same issue while visiting US and UK respectively with their Techno phones
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2017
That's true. We got my mum Tecno Z3 last year December and she travelled to Atlanta, USA march this year. The Tecno didn't work at all and my sister was angry why I bought my mom a bad phone. Maybe not all Tecno but Z3 didn't work out there, they had to get her a ZTE phone immediately and Samsung later on.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by yoddy(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2017
Stylz69:
It is possible. Some of the US networks are not GSM but CDMA. You are probably trying to roam on a CDMA network ...

Abeg US based people come and explain. I have never been there so I don’t know

Most probable reason � � �
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Adakintroy: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2017
Thank God for chinko, Cus otherwise some of us will still be using Samsung blue face.

Thank God for Igbo and piracy, Cus na now some us for de watch rambo first blood.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by martineverest(m): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2017
Smh...... Even tho I hint like technology, Have u 4 gotten that most American phones are carriers-controlled.?? Most American phones are CDMA phones, while Nigeria phones are GSM
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by blessingsonflee(f): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2017
That Tecno phone can never work. Had the same issues you have to get a new phone. Now this is a warning to people that waste money to buy Tecno phones . Tecno is only for Nigeria Technology

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by pointstores(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2017
K
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by yanshDoctor: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2017
same way most america phones don't work in Nigeria until unlocked with software. you might unlock it or get a new phone.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by fedorahat: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2017
blessingsonflee:
That Tecno phone can never work. Had the same issues you have to get a new phone. Now this is a warning to people that waste money to buy Tecno phones . Tecno is only for Nigeria Technology

Rubbish statement.

Incase you don't know, there is some thing called Band, always check a carrier frequency and if it is compatible with the phone you are buying. I have been in that quagmire before

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by westjoy(m): 8:17am On Dec 17, 2017
GetUmad:
People wicked ooo.. You do do still carry that glorified chinco enter US. Haba!
Camon or Cannon or whatever name dem dash am na only for naija that thing get meaning.

Do you know if that phone has issues you'd have to abandon it cos no repair shop can fix it.
worse still, contact center would also tell you they don't have settings for it or know what that is. However, I know the phone would work, you just have to figure it out.

Anyway, I guess it has something to do with the frequency band and the network you're using. Are you using Metro pcs? Try other carriers with it.

I suggest you manually change your network. Switch to 2G alone wait for some minutes or reboot, if no solution, switch to 3G alone and repeat same steps to 4g while you notice any changes.

You can't use chinco phone is USA like infinix and Techno phone, same thing happened to my brother in 2015 he took infinix phone to Washington once he on the phone the said demand for update without option of yes and no than OK botton and the update stop at 94% that the unknown phone thus not allow in our region that's the end of the infinix phone.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by olayinkajnr(m): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2017
talk2percy:
All these Chinko phones can only work in Nigeria. U won't even see these phones we use here abroad -they use original phones there.

Say not what you don't know.

My friend in London uses a chinko phone (Infinix Hot 4 Pro) and it works.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by olmoRoc: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2017
juwanno:

Hello people.

I use a Techno Camon 9 Phone but presently I am unable to use this phone in the USA. I got the mobile phone from Nigeria where it worked perfectly with my cellular lines.

The SIM CARD networks (MTN & GLO) where expected to roam here either to T-MOBILE or AT & T, unfortunately it didnt roam to any of these lines. I tried using other cellular

network SIM CARDS on the mobile, but the issue still persist even when I tried manually searching for network, it says NO NETWORK AVAILABLE (as shown in attached).

The phone doesnt have a GSM network, all I can find is 2G to 4G.

Kindly assist to help on any possible way I can unlock or resolve this issue. My wife also encounters the same issue with her Techno Phone W5.

Kindly help out my good people! I can be reached on my mail juwanno1@gmail.com.

My Glo sim didn't work on any of my phones for almost a year (I'm talking of the Nexus 6P, S6 Edge +(Tmobile), Xperia Z Ultra, XZ Premium, several Lumia, etc.), and even on the phone I used it with in Naija (Nexus 6P), so I just turned off the phone and left in in the drawer. However, when I turned on the phone a couple of months ago, it was working. I tried it on my other phones and got the same result. My MTN sim always works.

I've also been told that the Glo sim doesn't work/roam everywhere, even within the same city in the States. So it's not about the quality of the phone you have. Lots of people in the west can't afford big brand phones. You can simply check out where buyers of Chinese phones are from on Aliexpress.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by R0ckefeller: 8:20am On Dec 17, 2017
Everyone is just shouting chinco chinco is oneplus xiaomi and co not a chinco phone you say tecno and moreover almost all products have that same chinco touch on it op maybe it your tecno phone try to still get a small phone so you can still communicate
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Chickameda: 8:20am On Dec 17, 2017
Really?? That's EIR (Equipment Identity Register) in play. It's one of the components of NSS that decides whether a given mobile equipment may b allowed onto d network.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by almarthins(m): 8:20am On Dec 17, 2017
It is true o!
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by practicalclass: 8:28am On Dec 17, 2017
My L7 works fine. Check your roaming settings. Then search again a couple of times. Make sure you are in an area with good At&t and tmobile network ( though this should not matter, as other networks should show after auto search but would say forbidden or unable to connect if not allowed to roam with nigerian networks
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by ponpon(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2017
It works , I use my Tecno C8 here, put your phone on 2G unless if it is 4G enabled.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2017
You are very right OP! Same with my phantom
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by adecz: 8:49am On Dec 17, 2017
The standards in America are
Samsung, Motorola® or Apple®..

Full blooded 'Chincos' do not
connect well, since the American
Networks won't recognize dem.

Just like when you want to watch or play all
these pirated CDs in 9ja, don't use a Philip®
Grundig® or other reputable DVD players, because
the can't recognize the plate & will be
saying, "no disc".

But use Chinko DVD, e go even play empty CDs.

Thank God for chinkos.

Back to dey matter,
just buy any reputable brand with
a temporary contract.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by humblenature: 8:50am On Dec 17, 2017
u just wan tell us say u dey yankee. well, issorait. i watched a movie were tecno g9 was used (shooter to be precise) so i think ur fone can work. u iust need to check settings and change line. stop using ur nigerian line.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2017
Bros Na which network you carry enter Yankee? is it Naija roaming or Yankee sim? Chinko phones are substandard
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:05am On Dec 17, 2017
make we fry breeze
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by ipledge10(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2017
juwanno:

Hello people.

I use a Techno Camon 9 Phone but presently I am unable to use this phone in the USA. I got the mobile phone from Nigeria where it worked perfectly with my cellular lines.

The SIM CARD networks (MTN & GLO) where expected to roam here either to T-MOBILE or AT & T, unfortunately it didnt roam to any of these lines. I tried using other cellular

network SIM CARDS on the mobile, but the issue still persist even when I tried manually searching for network, it says NO NETWORK AVAILABLE (as shown in attached).

Kindly assist to help on any possible way I can unlock or resolve this issue. My wife also encounters the same issue with her Techno Phone W5.

wait, are you kidding me? You think your fake phone will be use in the US. cheesy cheesy
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 17, 2017
My techno phone works in Australia .

But not for all network, call the service providers ask them if their services supports 2or 3G.

U will find many

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by godofuck231: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2017
R
juwanno:

Hello people.

we don't use the same network band, that of technology is too dangerous, only backwards countries like that in Africa ignore radiation high level issues which causes cancer
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by funshint(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
Pls get anoda sim that's 3G enabled...it's like using spectranet sim inside phone even if it's Samsung it won't work.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by mixzstar: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2017
I also have the same experience with my techno. I got a new us sim but won't work. The tech guy told me that it doest have the capacity.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2017
It works.... I sent a tecno Camon 9plus to my bro in ATLANTA GEORGIA,US two months ago through DHL and the phone is working perfectly.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by AbaNgele: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2017
juwanno:

Hello people.

But my sister is using her Tecno W3 in the U. S. she travelled with it to U. S. this year and it's working perfectly fine.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by blessingsonflee(f): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2017
fedorahat:

Rubbish statement.

Incase you don't know, there is some thing called Band, always check a carrier frequency and if it is compatible with the phone you are buying. I have been in that quagmire before
why do you sound like a pained Tecno user? Or do you work for Tecno? Tecno is not a name take it to the bank

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by AbaNgele: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2017
westjoy:

You can't use chinco phone is USA like infinix and Techno phone, same thing happened to my brother in 2015 he took infinix phone to Washington once he on the phone the said demand for update without option of yes and no than OK botton and the update stop at 94% that the unknown phone thus not allow in our region that's the end of the infinix phone.

But my sister is using her Tecno W3 in Rochester NY. Stop misleading people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How-to: Download And Upgrade Your Gionee M5 To Marshmallow Android 6.0 / Real Pictures Of Iphone 7 / Five Facebook, Twitter And Other Social Media Platforms' Posts To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.