Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy (35845 Views)

Idris Adanno: 'Sultan Of Shuwa Arabs Of Edo State' Coronation Sparks Outrage / Sultan of Sokoto: North Is The Worst Place To Live, Bandits Operate Freely / Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by cetzak: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ilorin is the home for Sabi Sabi fanatics.We need restructuring.They can them choose to copy either from Iran,Pakistan,Yemen or any other Culture approved by the Sultan and his his Cohorts who see nothing wrong in a Young Law Graduate who chose to fan hatred rather than protect the Constitution she study for over 6 years.

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrDude:
Has the Sultan spoke up against the campaign of terror, incessant killings and the destruction of lives and property been perpetrated by the terrorists group -
Fulani herdsmen?

Yes...on several occasion.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
Bimpe29:
I standwithfridaous
If u like post it on all thread u go tire

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
OBIGS:
I don't understand... What is descent about wearing hijab.

Women with natural long hair look very attractive.

The muslims put a lady's hair, butts and that oda part in thesame category and belive that the hair just like the oda parts can arouse a man sexualy. Only a lady's husband and fellow ladies are permitted to see her hair.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by marksleek25: 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nonsense talk! Just using religion to talk rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Sibigam1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
If they should allow it, traditionalist would wear a skull on his head during his call to bar.

Common sense ain't common. It's one of the rarest things ever.

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by dragunov: 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
aleniboro:
I am a muslim and I believe this issue is just for publicity. There are ways we could have done this legally or morally by muslim bodies to first call the attention of NBA through formal letter and we can even go to court to address it. Dont let people always see us as terrorist or trouble maker or Boko Haram by creating scenes where we can solve the problem like brothers and sisters. NBA is not a christian body. Some of our muslim brethren are also part of NBA and they have not been allowing this. Our duty is to call their attention before we break their rule. Islam means peace and we are warned in the Holy Quran to respect constituted authority.

If every muslims out there and on this forum can reason like this dude I'm quoting, the earth would be a safer and healthier place to live on.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by lanocfoods: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrDude:
Has the Sultan spoke up against the campaign of terror, incessant killings and the destruction of lives and property been perpetrated by the terrorists group -
Fulani herdsmen?
Let them be chasing shadows

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by OyiboOyibo(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nigeria is under siege....People are hungry and we are here discussing stupid hijab or no hijab,..Nigeria is under curse indeed
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by maasoap(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrDude:
Fulani herdsmen?
And here they go again.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by yazach: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrDude:
Fulani herdsmen?

Yes he did that times without number
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
cetzak:
Ilorin is the home for Sabi Sabi fanatics.We need restructuring.They can them choose to copy either from Iran,Pakistan,Yemen or any other Culture approved by the Sultan and his his Cohorts who see nothing wrong in a Young Law Graduate who chose to fan hatred rather than protect the Constitution she study for over 6 years.

Don't mind them. They- muslim ladies- can simply study other courses other than law.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Iamzik: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
aleniboro:
I am a muslim and I believe this issue is just for publicity. There are ways we could have done this legally or morally by muslim bodies to first call the attention of NBA through formal letter and we can even go to court to address it. Dont let people always see us as terrorist or trouble maker or Boko Haram by creating scenes where we can solve the problem like brothers and sisters. NBA is not a christian body. Some of our muslim brethren are also part of NBA and they have not been allowing this. Our duty is to call their attention before we break their rule. Islam means peace and we are warned in the Holy Quran to respect constituted authority.

Are you sure of the bolded.

Actions speak louder than words

An average Muslim is violence waiting to happen.... And your Quran encourages violence against non Muslims.

Sorry but that's the bitter truth

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by JesuEruOluwa: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
Stalwert:
Mynd44 kurusade is being complicated grin grin grin grin

The whole controversy made no sense, NBA suffers colonial hangover. They told firdusi it is a convention not a rule of law yet mund44 has been jumping from thread to thread to shouting it is NBA rule but they said it is convention not even a written rule how does a convention trumps the constitution?

It is clear that we have many terrorists in disguise terrorism in the heart people who will use every means to deprive Muslims of mudane rights others enjoy in other parts of the world, the only thing holding them back is their cowardice.

I repeat is it not Bokoharam when you work hard this hard to deprive Muslims ladies of their rights to education.
Wicked! grin
Which kind of jump cheesy
Frog or monkey grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by maasoap(m): 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
aleniboro:
Shout again and let me hear you. This time around, shout louder. Boring line, trash.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Saintsquare(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
blackbeau1:
I hope the traditionalists are getting their uniform ready grin. I can't wait to see what happens when law school accepts this
Amadioha and Sango worshippers regalia go too make sense ,with different types of charms in display hahahaha drama too plenty for naija abeg

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by blaqoracle: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
OBIGS:

do African women have long hair?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by JuanDeDios: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
Stalwert:

The whole controversy made no sense, NBA suffers colonial hangover. They told firdusi it is a convention not a rule of law yet mund44 has been jumping from thread to thread to shouting it is NBA rule but they said it is convention not even a written rule how does a convention trumps the constitution?

It is clear that we have many terrorists in disguise terrorism in the heart people who will use every means to deprive Muslims of mudane rights others enjoy in other parts of the world, the only thing holding them back is their cowardice.

I repeat is it not Bokoharam when you work hard this hard to deprive Muslims ladies of their rights to education.
No. Do you have sense at all?

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Ijobaorun(m): 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
I don't expect sultan to say anything better than that. Why should anything about Muslims becomes something special anytime? Can a Christian from celestial for example wear her sultana too because she wants to dress descent?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by wxyz1: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
Remove ISLAM = Solve the World problem

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by bitchcrafts: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
Its very imperative people need to go back to the literature and get some definitions right. How can people seem to forget so fast that the key word in any definition of religion has everything to do with obedience?
Were they even listening when it was stated that putting on hijjab(head covering) is mandatory in the religion in question here?

How can people be comparing the ceremonial dresses worn on special days by varied evangelical movements within the diversified Christendom a direct alternate to hijjab without which the Muslim lady is as good as naked, How clownish is that argument!

Are people this stupid or just giving it there best shot today?

Wtf!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by jonnytad(m): 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Decent wearing such as these. .. and everyone should be wearing this to work? It bothers me when i see Muslim ladies willing to take bullets for firdaus on facebook but they wear spaghetti in their profile picture. ...

Dear Muslims sisters, pls don't wear hijab, it doesn’t really show dat u're a strong Muslim, wear burka to work instead.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by OpinionCounts(m): 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
Beckino:

The muslims put a lady's hair, butts and that oda part in thesame category and belive that the hair just like the oda parts can arouse a man sexualy. Only a lady's husband and fellow ladies are permitted to see her hair.

If this is true, then I think Muslims have psychological problems.....for heavens sake! how can a woman's hair arouse a mature human being sexually?? Are they that morally bankrupt and perverted?? In fact don't only cover the hair, maybe they should put their women inside cartoons and move them around like parcels...arrant nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by usba: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Stalwert:

grin grin grin jumping from thread to thread bawo ... Na chameleon
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by AfroSamurai: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
No offence, I believe the sultan is a dunce. He doesn't know just because a woman dress decent doesn't mean she's decent. I mean, if you've lived in the north, you'll know what I'm talking about. grin

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by bigtt76(f): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
No mind the idiats grin and when you see them wear the burkha which supposedly covers their body curves, you see the curves even more grin

Someone should come with a statistics to show their ladies make up the highest number of virgin brides in the world naaa

OBIGS:

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by rayopt(m): 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
So Sultan said hijab means decent dressing

but thank God for wiki tho

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab

hijab means curtain

Which one kan correct now cos Ayam not Understanding all these imported religions again oo
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Deo1986(m): 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
And here i was thinking any educated i mean any truly enlightened individual who's passed through the four walls of a university education moreso, one who has read a enlighnten course like LAW, would have broken the shackles of religion and all it dos and donts.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Meanwhile this is one of his daughters graduating from the same law school without Hijab. Dear Nigerians isn't it time we tear down the oligarchy system we have now and build a truly Democratic, free and republican nation? We don't need these hypocritical pastors, sultans, emirs, imams or whatever they call themselves telling us what to do. We don't need them in our constitution either. Why must the poor and powerless be the ones to adhere to religious doctrine and these old men roam free? Haven't you ever thought of that dear Nigerians?

Only the wretched wear hijabs!

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by teejet: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
With the rate at which hijab is being used to commit suicide crimes in this country, it'll be safer to abolish it's usage to stem the tide . Forget about all this rants on religious dressings. Our mumu don do!

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Deo1986(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
rayopt:
So Sultan said hijab means decent dressing

but thank God for wiki tho

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab

hijab means curtain

Which one kan correct now cos Ayam not Understanding all these imported religions again oo
Hijab is not english it is arabic word for veil, curtain, to cover up. So the Sultan is correct.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by lazygal: 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
Stalwert:

..don't mind mynd44... I have said it,insha Allah we will win this hands down

Cc mynd44 stand by to look confused and chop your words .I don tell you say the day I go see u face to face hummm..you this master general of unfair banning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For Those Still Doubting Igbo jewish link read Carefully / Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.