Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End (2096 Views)

Russia Wants Ukraine War To End, The Sooner The Better - Putin / US Threatens ‘full Force’ As Russia Takes War To NATO’s Doorstep / Atrocities Of War Which Nation Commited The Worst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by Cynate(f): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
Appleyard:

Your analysis are right on point. If Hitler had stuck to his earlier plan, nothing would have stopped him. But I believe the cosmic rulers pushed him to attack Russia, knowing that's the only point at which he could be stopped, and they did stop him.
That was a great mistake by him and Stalin caused the death of millions of USSR citizens becos he refused to listen to some of him junior officers at the frontline with Germans Nazi and even order the killing of them becos they told him about Hitler plans but he was too sure Hilter will never attacked him.
Italians never wanted Hilter to attack USSR but Hilter is Hilter.
That’s why the Russians don’t trust anybody and they don’t believe in allies again.
But the Italian still love the Russians
Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by falopey: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2017
drakeli:
Read the declaration carefully. It’s in the bold why Japan surrender. The emperor even acknowledged Great Britain and US before Russia in the war according to his speech.

So stop saying Russia ended the war. The atomic bomb did. If not, the war could have continued. That’s from the mouth of the actual emperor himself. You were not there. Stop claiming what is not.

Who I’m I gonna believe? You? Or the Japanese people that gave the reason why they gave up. Japan and her Asian allies wanted to continue the war. The fear of destruction of their civilization by a bomb , the kind that had never been used before enforced their surrender. So Russia didn’t end the war. Their contributions to the war cannot be over emphasized. But the US ended the war.

Germany would have suffered the same atomic bomb fate like Japan supposing Hitler did not surrender. Since no one knew what kind of bomb that was at that time.
Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by mysticwarrior(m): 5:52am On Dec 25, 2017
falopey:

Germany would have suffered the same atomic bomb fate like Japan supposing Hitler did not surrender. Since no one knew what kind of bomb that was at that time.
Hitler was not the one who signed the German surrender, he took his own life when the Russians entered Berlin, Hitler feared the Russians more than any other German enemy during the war.
Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by mysticwarrior(m): 5:59am On Dec 25, 2017
drakeli:
Read the declaration carefully. It’s in the bold why Japan surrender. The emperor even acknowledged Great Britain and US before Russia in the war according to his speech.

So stop saying Russia ended the war. The atomic bomb did. If not, the war could have continued. That’s from the mouth of the actual emperor himself. You were not there. Stop claiming what is not.

Who I’m I gonna believe? You? Or the Japanese people that gave the reason why they gave up. Japan and her Asian allies wanted to continue the war. The fear of destruction of their civilization by a bomb , the kind that had never been used before enforced their surrender. So Russia didn’t end the war. Their contributions to the war cannot be over emphasized. But the US ended the war.
pls go and read about the
drakeli:

pls go and read about the
drakeli:

pls go and read about the SOVIET INVASION OF MANCHURIA, then u will know how the USSR almost annihilated the most powerful Japanese Divisions in an overwhelming conquest. the atomic bombing played a significant role in the Japanese surrender no doubt about that, but the collapse of the Japanese army in the hands of the Soviet was a key figure.
Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by mysticwarrior(m): 6:11am On Dec 25, 2017
the Americans are cowards not to have lunched a full scale invasion on japan, the used of the atomic was a sign of weakness by the Americans, and they were afraid of being slaughtered in large numbers in Japan. having defeated the Germans in Europe and subjugating the Japanese army in Manchuria, I say again the USSR ended the war.

3 Likes

Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2018
mysticwarrior:
judging from your analysis, one can tell that you are only trying to use spiritual interpretations to justify the reality of what actually happened in the USSR during the war, saying that God used "Icy cold weather to knock down the Germans and their weapons" is totally unacceptable in accordance to military history. we all know that Hitler ignore warnings from his general to attack the USSR, and the Germans were not familiar with the brutal conditions of the Russian winter which was much more deadly than the soviet army, and the Germans were not prepared to negotiate and acclimatized with the vicious Russian weather. and it should be noted that it was during winter that the Germans suffered much casualties, winter never came during summer time throughout the 900days that the Germans laid siege in Leningrad, and I don't think there was any divine intervention to the German defeat, cos the USSR was far from being religious to the extend of making supplications for divine interventions.
I stopped reading at "God" angry angry

Well said!

1 Like

Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2018
@mysticwarrior good to know this thread is still going. However,I want to disagree with what you said about the Americans displaying cowardice by dropping the atomic bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima to force the Japanese into an unconditional surrender. You see man ALL and I mean ALL is fair in war. War is a rough game with very few rules. Rules end up in the trash when war begins. That is why it is always best to avoid it in the first place.
Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 07, 2018
Where was I...
Re: Which Nation Brought The Second World War To An End by mysticwarrior(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
mansakhalifa:
@mysticwarrior good to know this thread is still going. However,I want to disagree with what you said about the Americans displaying cowardice by dropping the atomic bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima to force the Japanese into an unconditional surrender. You see man ALL and I mean ALL is fair in war. War is a rough game with very few rules. Rules end up in the trash when war begins. That is why it is always best to avoid it in the first place.
"War is a rough game with very few rules" I am disappointed at your opinion, go and read about the Geneva convention of 1949, the rules of war were clearly stated there, bombing an area heavily populated by unarmed civilians with women and children with WMD is against the rules of war, and presently the Americans are trembling with fear when they see the North Korean Nukes in display, they are only being afraid of nemesis, don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moment President Donald Trump Meet President Vladmir Putin In Finland(photos) / See What Russian Soldiers Did To Civilians In The Town Of Bucha Northwest Of Kyi / Do You Notice A Pattern In Israel’s Military Tactics During Wars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.