Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport (4163 Views)

My Horrible Experiences of Bikepooling With Women / Comparison Btw Abc Transport And Cross-country To Accra / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport by AFK(m): 3:28am On Dec 18, 2017
If you don't want to put your life into danger please don't travel with cross country transport especially those plying Lagos to Accra vice versa. You will do all the necessary things from your side yet this people will expose you to high risk, they don't care about customer except there relatives. This is 3:00 AM 18-12-2017 I booked my ticket on 14th and I logged very close to the park and got to the park 3:45 AM then I met the first two busses and the attendant (Rotimi in Ghana office and Deborah in Lagos office) delayed us to get and loaded the third bus(big and very old bus) around 9:30 AM and selected some few people that just booked to take the first and second busses. However I was with this guy a day before my travel and I told him they are doing Oro ritual in my area in Lagos that I need to get to Lagos at most 9 PM. Now we got here in the midnight and the same bus that took us here was rubbed at Lakonji to Cotonou where they collected all there valuables and beat hell out of passengers according to a victim. Yet this people still packing us in that bus that supposed to be routing Ikorodu to Obalende. I have attached some pictures to this message. Please be warned, don't let them to deceive you with some new busses they would look for excuses that the bus is hired whereas you will know people in the same hired bus to see how stupid they are. And there fare rate is high, you will pay high and will not enjoy the service yet subject you to undue stress.
This happened to me while going and coming, I got to Accra 3:15 AM and same coming back to Lagos just a bit different and there won't be a single seat for you the hotel too they are not hospitable. Shine your eyes and think twice before exposing yourself to high risk.
Thanks and Best Regards.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport by onatisi(m): 3:39am On Dec 18, 2017
next time take a straight car from mile 2 garage ,
or break the journey , you will save more and enjoy the journey ,
you may even decide to spend a day in lome to enjoy the scenery

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport by ipobarecriminals: 4:12am On Dec 18, 2017
embarassed grin cool.Sorry! Let just thank God u got home in peace not in piece.& should have opt for their hummer buses not that contraption old bus I dey see here.It is well
Re: My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport by bammy00(m): 5:15am On Dec 18, 2017
I booked a bus traveling from Sokoto to Lagos for 7:00 am yesterday, We didn't move until some minutes past 1 pm.

Not quite one hour into the trip the bus started leaking gear oil. The driver had to manage it therefore was moving slowly. On getting to Zaria, Engine problem. At a point it took us over 30 minutes to move 100 metres.

Long story short, we got to Kaduna at 9:16pm. It's 5:30am the drivers (yes, two of them) are nowhere to be found. No available bus here in Kaduna.

At this rate am sure would get to Lagos Tomorrow. 3 days journey.
Update

It's almost 7:00 am and we are still in Kaduna. At the mechanic garage.

Re: My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport by RealityShot: 4:57am On Dec 20, 2017
!NEVER MIND!
Re: My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport by ipobarecriminals: 5:24am On Dec 20, 2017
shocked sad shocked sad
bammy00:
I booked a bus traveling from Sokoto to Lagos for 7:00 am yesterday, We didn't move until some minutes past 1 pm.

Not quite one hour into the trip the bus started leaking gear oil. The driver had to manage it therefore was moving slowly. On getting to Zaria, Engine problem. At a point it took us over 30 minutes to move 100 metres.

Long story short, we got to Kaduna at 9:16pm. It's 5:30am the drivers (yes, two of them) are nowhere to be found. No available bus here in Kaduna.

Update

sad
bammy00:

Update

pathetic! Even their hummer bus nah write off.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport by idris123: 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
I come to Nairaland to see similar what people say about Cross country.
Am just transferred to Ghana. Because of nature of their foods and cost, my wife sent me food stuff worth over 150,000 Naira and decided to sent it through this silly company called Cross Country after paying 19,500 Naira for courier. It was sent on 24 December 2017 morning and was scheduled to move in the evening and arrived next day 25 December. To cut it short, i received my item on 28 December; some stuffs spoiled.

I checked online and called number for complaint. The guy said i should come to Lagos to lodge my complain. There and then, i know Cross Country is a on-chance company. The owner must be a tout to have populated the company with irresponsible people.
Please, don't near them when it anything transportation or travelling.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport by id4sho(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
idris123:
I come to Nairaland to see similar what people say about Cross country.
Am just transferred to Ghana. Because of nature of their foods and cost, my wife sent me food stuff worth over 150,000 Naira and decided to sent it through this silly company called Cross Country after paying 19,500 Naira for courier. It was sent on 24 December 2017 morning and was scheduled to move in the evening and arrived next day 25 December. To cut it short, i received my item on 28 December; some stuffs spoiled.

I checked online and called number for complaint. The guy said i should come to Lagos to lodge my complain. There and then, i know Cross Country is a on-chance company. The owner must be a tout to have populated the company with irresponsible people.
Please, don't near them when it anything transportation or travelling.
sorry name sake

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Turkish Republic Of North Cyprus Visa / Invalid / Polar Vortex: This Is What Happens When You Surf In -30°C (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.