Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,809 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. (5054 Views)

Why Do Hausa Men (aboki) Bend Down Like Women To Piss? / How Islam Came Into Yoruba Land And It's Influence On Their Culture / Salvador Da Bahia Is Brazil's Most African City And Their Culture Is Thriving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Cocolatti(m): 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
RedboneSmith:

It is very possible that some of them at least are not true Hausas, but 'Hausanized' ethnic minorities in the North. I once met this guy; he had a Christian first name and an Hausa last name (let me call him Sam Auta). I told him he was the first Hausa Christian I was meeting. He told me he wasn't Hausa, and that he was from southern Kaduna.

But he told me one interesting thing, which is that the Maguzawa (pagan Hausas) are beginning to embrace Christianity or a syncretic form of Christianity.
I am from Southern Kaduna and we are not Hausas. Southern Kaduna is made up of different tribes and ethnic groups with their language and dialects. The hausa language is the lingua franca of the north, hence people from the southern part of the country especially those who don't understand the ethnic composition of the north tend to refer to anybody from the north as hausa. Another reason for this is that some of us from the minority tribe in the north bear hausa names. As for the Maguzawa, they are the Hausa Christians am referring to. The term 'Maguzawa' was coined by the hausa muslims and is a reference to the Hausas who refuse to embrace Islam but maintain their pagan practice. Majority of them today have embrace Christianity, and that is why today we the non Hausas refer to them as hausa christians. Politically, the Muslim north does not recognize them. They are often marginalized due to the fact that they rejected Islam and embrace Christianity. So am not surprised that someone here is denying the existence of hausa Christians. In fact my aunt is married to one of them who is from Zamfara. He told me that his family is originally from Sokoto and it was his father who converted to Christianity and was subsequently ostracized by the family. And that's how moved to their present location in Zamfara.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Cocolatti(m): 5:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
AlderFadington:

Lol! There are no Hausas in all those LGs you mentioned. As far as kano and katsina, again I know pagans but not Christians. This is the fact, I don't know what lies people are feeding you but Hausas have almost unanimously never subscribed to Christianity except in the case of the very very few recent Muslim converts and pagan converts. Even so their numbers are so minimal you cant point to them when speaking about the whole.
Nobody is feeding me any lies because am from Kaduna State, grew up in Zaria and also lived for many years in Zamfara state. Even now am living in the city of Kaduna. You claim that the inhabitants of those LGs I mentioned are not Hausas? Please kindly explain this because am beginning to doubt if truly you are Hausa and living in the north. The pagan Hausas are the Hausas who did not accept Islam and are called 'Maguzawa' by the rest of their hausa kin. But majority of them today are christian converts,hence the name Hausa Christians. This is fact not hearsay.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2017
Cocolatti:
I am from Southern Kaduna and we are not Hausas. Southern Kaduna is made up of different tribes and ethnic groups with their language and dialects. The hausa language is the lingua franca of the north, hence people from the southern part of the country especially those who don't understand the ethnic composition of the north tend to refer to anybody from the north as hausa. Another reason for this is that some of us from the minority tribe in the north bear hausa names. As for the Maguzawa, they are the Hausa Christians am referring to. The term 'Maguzawa' was coined by the hausa muslims and is a reference to the Hausas who refuse to embrace Islam but maintain their pagan practice. Majority of them today have embrace Christianity, and that is why today we the non Hausas refer to them as hausa christians. Politically, the Muslim north does not recognize them. They are often marginalized due to the fact that they rejected Islam and embrace Christianity. So am not surprised that someone here is denying the existence of hausa Christians. In fact my aunt is married to one of them who is from Zamfara. He told me that his family is originally from Sokoto and it was his father who converted to Christianity and was subsequently ostracized by the family. And that's how moved to their present location in Zamfara.

And I too grew up in kaduna and I assure you that people a lot of people from makarfi, including Ahmad Makarfi are not Hausa people. Nevertheless the majority of these people are also Muslims so I don't know how you can point to a small population and tell me there are Hausa Muslims in these places.

What people call Hausa today has been corrupted. Almost every ethnicity today some of whom cannot be further away from Hausa are referred to as Hausa, whether they are Muslim northerners or Christians.

Maguzawa was not coined by Hausa muslims, just like the Abagayawa who were overthrown by them this is just the historical name of these people.

I repeat, the only few so called hausa Christians are mostly from some of these pagans, some of whom remain pagans till date. Again these are so few and inconsiderable that they can have any effect on the majority. In fact I myself have never met one, maybe they hide their heads in shame or maybe it's because they are so unrecognizable from their "Hausa" identity its hard to find them out. Not that i would refer to them as Hausa to begin with.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2017
Cocolatti:
Nobody is feeding me any lies because am from Kaduna State, grew up in Zaria and also lived for many years in Zamfara state. Even now am living in the city of Kaduna. You claim that the inhabitants of those LGs I mentioned are not Hausas? Please kindly explain this because am beginning to doubt if truly you are Hausa and living in the north. The pagan Hausas are the Hausas who did not accept Islam and are called 'Maguzawa' by the rest of their hausa kin. But majority of them today are christian converts,hence the name Hausa Christians. This is fact not hearsay.

And how many pagan Hausas were there? About 0.5 percent of our population and i repeat they have zero effect on what is Hausa identity so stop pointing to them when trying to explain Hausa culture.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by JikanBaura(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
When we talk about Nigeria, their are no Hausa Christians, Hausa Christians just don't exist, all my life I have never come across a Christian Hausa, even the Maguza you are talking about are not pagans, Maguzawa a just name giving to a Hausa people of Nigeria and Niger Republic whom tho their are Muslims they still practice the witchcraft (Tsapi)

Even the maguzawa of town day perceived themselves as Muslims and they practice islam, but they are ignorant that you can't seek any help from jin (Aljannu) if you do you are out of Islam. Some of them knows this but they will still went to do such things for their humans desire. The is no religion in today's Hausa society as Addinin maguzanci (religion of maguzanci) that don't exist, not in today's Hausa society, but some practice of the maguzanci is still carried out,

Like wearing charms for protection, for vanishing etc

We still have Boka , they are the priest of Hausa land , lots of our políticians, business men, House wives, etc still seek their help because they control the jins world and with Jin help you can achieve alots.

The Bokaye and Islamic malam who all can claim Islam but still use Jins and Islamic ways to command Jins tO help you . They all are not Muslims even if they claim they, Allah won't accept them until they repent.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by JikanBaura(m): 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
nairaland20:
Please Do Hausa people still have culture again or are they practicing Islam as both religion and culture... all the law ruling there land are connected to islam. Both their sultan and emir are all working for islam. They also adopted arabic/Islamic names as their sur names. Am now beleiving that they are truly conquered tribe by fulani /islamic missionaries. Please i need answer, No hating.

Bendeco is back on nairaland

Man i don't know where you got the story that Fulani conquered Hausa. Do you here it from Hausa or a Fulani person.

Fulani have no such power to conquer Hausa, They don't have that army troop, they never have that force. Can you tell me the Islamic kingdom that send their Fulani army to conquered Hausa? None existent cuz it never happened, No history Fulani History Book claim that, Nor do Hausa ever See's they are conquer by the Fulani. Tell me where in history a conquer end up adopting language and culture of it's conquest?

Their are zarma,Fulani herdsman's,Tuareg settlers in across Hausa land way before Dan FodiO parent come to Hausa land.

You see the jahad was never about Fulani culture, or Fulani being like superior Muslims whose want to conquer another set of Muslims that they think are not good Muslim, People should stop spreading misconception , do you know even then their are more educated Muslims hausa than their are Muslim Fulani, By that time much of the Fulani population living in Hausa land were not the tropbe (Islamic schoolar) but the Fulanin wuro (Normadic Fulani) whom have little or no knowledge of Islam. We still have millions of them.

The whole jahad thing start as rebellion against the King of gobir (Muhammad-Tunda) and Dan Fodio was his loyal minister whom is been dislike by some other cruppted ministers, because they just don't want a pious man in the chamber, they succeed in framing him linking him to some rebel group ,which he denied in a letter he sent to the King to claim his innocence, The king sent him a later telling him he shouldn't have flied, he should come back that he has been forgiven, but when Usman FodiO reply Yunfa letter of peace waziri change the whole context of the letter , he insulted king and he need no his forgiveness, the message was explaining that's not what in the letter, Fadawa Shout waziri can not lied, Yunfa was angry and he sent armies to bring Dan FodiO tO him but some members of the rabel in the king perlace went kill the armies and give Shehu protection. Thats how the war begin and rabel all across Hausa land where joining Dan FodiO which lead to the success of the jahad.

Your can check the Alwilayah Hausa, it's an Islamic Hausa channels which have a program of Dan Fodio history, It's series Film, Telling the hostory in movie and it translates into in English if you don't understand Hausa. and it based on Sokoto and gobir chronicles

Sorry for my poor English, All I was trying to explain and communicate to all people that might come across this your thread,

Its not Fulani conquests or jahad but Islamic jahad carried by Muslims army of majority Hausa lead by Fulani who all they want was justice and sees a brave pious muslim schoolar and gobir leader (whom happened to be Fulani by origin) and they choose him to lead them in fight for justice. Calling the jahad Fulani conquests is an insult to Islam, a big insult to the person Shehu Dan Fodio is. and Bigger insult to Hausa people whom make more than 70% of the jahad army.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by googi: 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
No matter how you slice, mix or embellish it, Hausa became Fulani slave up to today. Any Hausa that cannot trace his history to Fulani is nobody politically or religiously in the North.

Dan Fodio sacked the Hausa states and replaced them with his more radical form of Islam.

Maguzawa have their religious beliefs just like Muslims and Christians. What and how they practice their religion is nobody's business.

If they become Christians or Muslims is their choice.

There are Hausa Christians.

JikanBaura:

Man i don't know where you got the story that Fulani conquered Hausa. Do you here it from Hausa or a Fulani person.

Fulani have no such power to conquer Hausa, They don't have that army troop, they never have that force. Can you tell me the Islamic kingdom that send their Fulani army to conquered Hausa? None existent cuz it never happened, No history Fulani History Book claim that, Nor do Hausa ever See's they are conquer by the Fulani. Tell me where in history a conquer end up adopting language and culture of it's conquest?

Their are zarma,Fulani herdsman's,Tuareg settlers in across Hausa land way before Dan FodiO parent come to Hausa land.

You see the jahad was never about Fulani culture, or Fulani being like superior Muslims whose want to conquer another set of Muslims that they think are not good Muslim, People should stop spreading misconception , do you know even then their are more educated Muslims hausa than their are Muslim Fulani, By that time much of the Fulani population living in Hausa land were not the tropbe (Islamic schoolar) but the Fulanin wuro (Normadic Fulani) whom have little or no knowledge of Islam. We still have millions of them.

The whole jahad thing start as rebellion against the King of gobir (Muhammad-Tunda) and Dan Fodio was his loyal minister whom is been dislike by some other cruppted ministers, because they just don't want a pious man in the chamber, they succeed in framing him linking him to some rebel group ,which he denied in a letter he sent to the King to claim his innocence, The king sent him a later telling him he shouldn't have flied, he should come back that he has been forgiven, but when Usman FodiO reply Yunfa letter of peace waziri change the whole context of the letter , he insulted king and he need no his forgiveness, the message was explaining that's not what in the letter, Fadawa Shout waziri can not lied, Yunfa was angry and he sent armies to bring Dan FodiO tO him but some members of the rabel in the king perlace went kill the armies and give Shehu protection. Thats how the war begin and rabel all across Hausa land where joining Dan FodiO which lead to the success of the jahad.

Your can check the Alwilayah Hausa, it's an Islamic Hausa channels which have a program of Dan Fodio history, It's series Film, Telling the hostory in movie and it translates into in English if you don't understand Hausa. and it based on Sokoto and gobir chronicles

Sorry for my poor English, All I was trying to explain and communicate to all people that might come across this your thread,

Its not Fulani conquests or jahad but Islamic jahad carried by Muslims army of majority Hausa lead by Fulani who all they want was justice and sees a brave pious muslim schoolar and gobir leader (whom happened to be Fulani by origin) and they choose him to lead them in fight for justice. Calling the jahad Fulani conquests is an insult to Islam, a big insult to the person Shehu Dan Fodio is. and Bigger insult to Hausa people whom make more than 70% of the jahad army.
JikanBaura:

1 Like

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Cocolatti(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
AlderFadington:

And how many pagan Hausas were there? About 0.5 percent of our population and i repeat they have zero effect on what is Hausa identity so stop pointing to them when trying to explain Hausa culture.
I am not talking about Hausa identity here. It is your denial of the existence of Hausa Christians that is the issue for me here. The first Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Prof. Ishaya Audu is a Hausa christian from Ikara LG of Kaduna State. Also the Late Dr. Barau Dikko who was the first medical doctor in Northern Nigeria and personal physician to the Late Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello was a Hausa Christian. The existence of Hausa Christians is a fact that your religious sentiment cannot suppress.

1 Like

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by JikanBaura(m): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
googi:
No matter how you slice, mix or embellish it, Hausa became Fulani slave up to today. Any Hausa that cannot trace his history to Fulani is nobody politically or religiously in the North.

Dan Fodio sacked the Hausa states and replaced them with his more radical form of Islam.

Maguzawa have their religious beliefs just like Muslims and Christians. What and how they practice their religion is nobody's business.

If they become Christians or Muslims is their choice.

There are Hausa Christians.

smiley Man, I never in anyway tried to decorate or feign our history, any attempt by Me, You and others to fictitiously narrate Hausa/Fulani history will face an emphatic failure. I told you about a history of which you're not part-of but for some reason you chose to remain dunce and arrogant. Neither Hausa whom make the largest army in lead with the Islamic jahad nor the Fulani-servants turned-Kings sees themselves as conquers but as Islamic.

Fulani just like Zarma,Taureg,Kanuri have dwell in Hausa land centuries before the Dan Fodio a Hausaland born Fulani lead the change to get rid of all the curruption we had then in the Hausa land. smiley Having a Fulani , zarmawa and many other tribes in Hausa land as our leaders , armies personals, schoolars, traders and even enjoying military and political positions is smiley not a new thing Hausa land smiley and shows just how civilized and democratic Hausa people were when probably your ancestors were roaming around the dark forest smiley competing with monkeys and chimpanzees grin

Yagubu gowon (a cristians) , Tafawa Balewa, IBB, Abdullsalami , Abacha all of them are not Hausa nor a day Fulani but they are accepted by the north whom have adopted a mindset of an average Hausa that if you accept his language and culture he will claim you as his up to date Hausa still sees them including the head of states and president of Fulani origin are we perceive them as Hausa because they perceived themselves as Hausa. smiley Either culturally, polítically or linguistically.

Calling Hausawa Fulani slaves broughts you joy and hopes that you would one day succede on making us quarrel on cyber with each other and maybe some day it surpassed internet and we became sworn enymies, cheesy and rival economically,politically,culturally socially tongue That's what you hope to achieve by calling us Hausa slaves of Fulani, huh? grin Man that's a real hatred. doesn't it makes you a embarassed saddiest ?? sad

Instead of working on how you could split Hausafulani reunion wink It's better and will not be wast of time if you work on your relationship with your neighbouring tribes.

HausaFulani oness is more than intermarriage, it's beyond politics and cultural assimilation and as far as our lives are counsen Hausa and Fulani despite our different origin we will remain one people and that's something neither you or we Ourselves have control over. So you can chose to remain dunce but unfortunately what you chose believe does not matters, what matters is what we believe and accept.

One more thing, Their are no Hausa Christians, They just don't exist, just not in the birth place of Sokoto caliphate (Nigeria) cheesy , Hausa are 99% muslims, The 1% non-muslims hausa are shared between Cristianity and the-so-called pagans (maguzawa).
These so called pagans Hausa that you only read about on Wikipedia (you have never met one in person)
grin Could never be found out of Hausaland. All the Hausa that left their original land left either in the name of Islamic pilgrims or teachers of Islam, jahadist movement or Islamic traders, the possibility of them changing the religion to Cristianity is 1% to paganism is 0%.

Tribes had given up their Traditions, Cultures and must importantly their languages for ours and you called us slaves for giving up our Rulership, Presidency tO them , cool To us Hausa the must important thing is not Kingship or presidency but a Traditions,Culture and language we had strive to keep for centuries. If today the 60million Hausawa across the world died at once , cool We have left another 100million non-Hausa to keep our tradition and language alive, I can't say thesame for your little tribe cheesy plus Al'hamdulillah 99% of us Hausa a Muslims ko'a Aljanna sai anyi tarin Hausawa grin Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2017
Cocolatti:
I am not talking about Hausa identity here. It is your denial of the existence of Hausa Christians that is the issue for me here. The first Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Prof. Ishaya Audu is a Hausa christian from Ikara LG of Kaduna State. Also the Late Dr. Barau Dikko who was the first medical doctor in Northern Nigeria and personal physician to the Late Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello was a Hausa Christian. The existence of Hausa Christians is a fact that your religious sentiment cannot suppress.

Ikara is another non hausa LG. Both Barau and Dikko are fulani names so he is also not hausa and this just sums up your confusion. I also doubt hes a christian BTW but like i said even if he is... Go and get your sources right.

1 Like

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
JikanBaura:

smiley Man, I never in anyway tried to decorate or feign our history, any attempt by Me, You and others to fictitiously narrate Hausa/Fulani history will face an emphatic failure. I told you about a history of which you're not part-of but for some reason you chose to remain dunce and arrogant. Neither Hausa whom make the largest army in lead with the Islamic jahad nor the Fulani-servants turned-Kings sees themselves as conquers but as Islamic.

Fulani just like Zarma,Taureg,Kanuri have dwell in Hausa land centuries before the Dan Fodio a Hausaland born Fulani lead the change to get rid of all the curruption we had then in the Hausa land. smiley Having a Fulani , zarmawa and many other tribes in Hausa land as our leaders , armies personals, schoolars, traders and even enjoying military and political positions is smiley not a new thing Hausa land smiley and shows just how civilized and democratic Hausa people were when probably your ancestors were roaming around the dark forest smiley competing with monkeys and chimpanzees grin

Yagubu gowon (a cristians) , Tafawa Balewa, IBB, Abdullsalami , Abacha all of them are not Hausa nor a day Fulani but they are accepted by the north whom have adopted a mindset of an average Hausa that if you accept his language and culture he will claim you as his up to date Hausa still sees them including the head of states and president of Fulani origin are we perceive them as Hausa because they perceived themselves as Hausa. smiley Either culturally, polítically or linguistically.

Calling Hausawa Fulani slaves broughts you joy and hopes that you would one day succede on making us quarrel on cyber with each other and maybe some day it surpassed internet and we became sworn enymies, cheesy and rival economically,politically,culturally socially tongue That's what you hope to achieve by calling us Hausa slaves of Fulani, huh? grin Man that's a real hatred. doesn't it makes you a embarassed saddiest ?? sad

Instead of working on how you could split Hausafulani reunion wink It's better and will not be wast of time if you work on your relationship with your neighbouring tribes.

HausaFulani oness is more than intermarriage, it's beyond politics and cultural assimilation and as far as our lives are counsen Hausa and Fulani despite our different origin we will remain one people and that's something neither you or we Ourselves have control over. So you can chose to remain dunce but unfortunately what you chose believe does not matters, what matters is what we believe and accept.

One more thing, Their are no Hausa Christians, They just don't exist, just not in the birth place of Sokoto caliphate (Nigeria) cheesy , Hausa are 99% muslims, The 1% non-muslims hausa are shared between Cristianity and the-so-called pagans (maguzawa).
These so called pagans Hausa that you only read about on Wikipedia (you have never met one in person)
grin Could never be found out of Hausaland. All the Hausa that left their original land left either in the name of Islamic pilgrims or teachers of Islam, jahadist movement or Islamic traders, the possibility of them changing the religion to Cristianity is 1% to paganism is 0%.

Tribes had given up their Traditions, Cultures and must importantly their languages for ours and you called us slaves for giving up our Rulership, Presidency tO them , cool To us Hausa the must important thing is not Kingship or presidency but a Traditions,Culture and language we had strive to keep for centuries. If today the 60million Hausawa across the world died at once , cool We have left another 100million non-Hausa to keep our tradition and language alive, I can't say thesame for your little tribe cheesy plus Al'hamdulillah 99% of us Hausa a Muslims ko'a Aljanna sai anyi tarin Hausawa grin Lol

100%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Cocolatti(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
DevdanSanguine:

Ikara is another non hausa LG. Both Barau and Dikko are fulani names so he is also not hausa so this just sums up your confusion. I also doubt hes a christian BTW but like i said even if he is... Go and get your sources right.
Barau Dikko not a Christian? I think it is you that need to go and get your sources right. You can even Google it right now.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by RedboneSmith(m): 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
DevdanSanguine:

Ikara is another non hausa LG. Both Barau and Dikko are fulani names so he is also not hausa so this just sums up your confusion. I also doubt hes a christian BTW but like i said even if he is... Go and get your sources right.

I know the guy he is talking about. Russell Barau Dikko. He's a Fulani from Zaria, not Hausa (You're right about that.) He's also a Christian. I think he's also been called the first Northern Nigerian graduate.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by JikanBaura(m): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
AlderFadington:
It's really shameful how ignorant you people are on this issue.

Those guys are trolls and This thread is not made for educational purposes but with intentions of provocation.

I don't know why some stupid individuals from the south will just be creating annoying threads HausaFulani pretending they are seeking knowledge , I have never come across a thread on this forum created by Hausawa or Fulani trying to provoke them, I only signed in this forum because i realized their are certain things you need to reply to due their alots of visitors coming here and they are intentionally being feed with misinformation why would someone even think that Hausa have no culture? Is their a tribe or Ethnic with half the culture we Hausa have? No. It's only foreigner that had been filled with lies and misinformation by our fellow Nigerians that will think everything Hausa is Islamic.

The mods of this section should know trolls threads like this one should be close. It's clear OP got ill intention toward us he is not ignorant but a stupid, foolish, showing just inferior he feels.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
Cocolatti:
Barau Dikko not a Christian? I think it is you that need to go and get your sources right. You can even Google it right now.

But he's not Hausa is He?
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
JikanBaura:

Those guys are trolls and This thread is not made for educational purposes but with intentions of provocation.

I don't know why some stupid individuals from the south will just be creating annoying threads HausaFulani pretending they are seeking knowledge , I have never come across a thread on this forum created by Hausawa or Fulani trying to provoke them, I only signed in this forum because i realized their are certain things you need to reply to due their alots of visitors coming here and they are intentionally being feed with misinformation why would someone even think that Hausa have no culture? Is their a tribe or Ethnic with half the culture we Hausa have? No. It's only foreigner that had been filled with lies and misinformation by our fellow Nigerians that will think everything Hausa is Islamic.

The mods of this section should know trolls threads like this one should be close. It's clear OP got ill intention toward us he is not ignorant but a stupid, foolish, showing just inferior he feels.

LOL. It's not that deep blood. Just refute their claims accurately and eloquently like you did and if anyone reading is truly seeking knowledge by reading these threads he can filter fiction from fact from a simple search. Personally I take it as a compliment their shades at our culture, means they're so impressed with it that due to their inferiority complex they just assume we werent responsible for it. Because every ethnic group has a culture (way of life), they just assume ours was stolen.

Besides, I've long learned not to take most people on this forum seriously anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by JikanBaura(m): 11:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I know the guy he is talking about. Russell Barau Dikko. He's a Fulani from Zaria, not Hausa (You're right about that.) He's also a Christian. I think he's also been called the first Northern Nigerian graduate.

The guy was so desperate to tell their are hausa cristian and he is yet to point out one, I can swear he nevers met one, no tribe or ethnicity can claim to be all Muslims or cristians that's just impossible, Because you never just a Hausa can just decided to convert to Cristianity any religion he want, even if a one person change his religion from Islam, that one person can not be ignored and term hausa as 100% Muslims. another thing he don't understand is hausa don't practice maguzanci as religion, you may see a Muslim hausa who practice Islam still going to a Hausa priest Boka/Bokanya for charms and retuial, and when just Dan fodio think he have succeed in His jahad tO stop those hausa from mixing Islam with bori culture,
The new Islamic schoolars whom used an Islamic way to rich the jins emerge, they too are not muslims because by asking jins for help is indirect way of saying Allah is not capable, by associating Allah with another person,animal things means you have walked away from Islam, must of our people knows this but they still chose to do what they like.

Now the jins together with the people are trying to despise Bokaye whom people think their way as paganism, But you know their are now different from Boka and malams that use jins/aljannu to do misdeeds
, in Hausa land their jins, cristians, Muslims within this Muslims jins their good and the bad ones, bad's ones are the ones that brings harms to the possess so families do anything possible to get rid of them and the goods ones brought good fortune to the posses and are left untorch and they are past generations to generation.

Today mallams tsobbo have replaced Bokayes, Even today's when a cultural event is going take places those Muslims that take bori magic as culture are called upon by the Muslims emirate tO performed because it's not seen as Religion but a cultural practice.Yan'tauri ,Yan'dambe, Yan'shadi, makera etc lots of them stills used Jins either the goods or the bad's tO perform their magic tricks.

All the yan'bori I met and the ones i dont,in Nigeria and Niger Republic claim Islam as their religion and bori as only their cultural heritage that they want to keep.They are illiterate Not knowing they are on the way out of Islam because you can't be seeking help from Jins and be claiming to be Muslim. Allah has none coequal or to-be comparable with him (Eklas,v4)
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Cocolatti(m): 7:05am On Dec 27, 2017
DevdanSanguine:

But he's not Hausa is He?
Do you call somebody Yoruba Muslim when he is not Yoruba? Dr. Barau Dikko was Hausa man who converted to Christianity. If you are from Kaduna State you should know this but if you don't please Google it.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2017
Cocolatti:
Do you call somebody Yoruba Muslim when he is not Yoruba? Dr. Barau Dikko was Hausa man who converted to Christianity. If you are from Kaduna State you should know this but if you don't please Google it.

LOL! No offense but do you have some kind of mental deficiency?

Barau Fulani name

Dikko Fulani name

How is he hausa again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by JikanBaura(m): 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2017
Cocolatti:

With his fulani name you still wanna claim he's hausa grin, a hausa will never bears a fulani name unless he is part fulani cheesy post his pictures, man!! grin and your wiki sources where he is mentioned to be hausa smiley
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by ehinmowo: 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
The culture of northern Nigeria is extinct. It is overshadowed by Islam.

There is also nothing African about them again (except the Christians)

These range from:

Name
Language (many of Hausa words are Arabic. E.g no hausa word for God. Hence they use Allah)
Marriage
Sleeping
Eating
Pattern of building
Dressing

Those pple are almost gone
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
ehinmowo:

LOL. More ignorance. What exactly do you define as African? It's impossible to have consistency amongst all Africans given diversity. Just because something is different from yours doesn't mean it's not African. Hausas subscribe to a more sahelian culture so go and look at other sahelian African cultures then tell me there's nothing African about Hausa culture.

These range from:

Name
There are a lot of hausa names, Garba Tanko Babangida. Most people even with Islamic names have Hausa nicknames or at least a surname that reflects their origin.

Language (many of Hausa words are Arabic. E.g no hausa word for God. Hence they use Allah)
Multiple English words are Greek and Latin, multiple Yoruba words were gotten from Hausa, what's your point? In fact fewer words that compromise Hausa stem from arabic than Latin and Greek words in english. Mind you Hausa and arabic are also in the same language family.

Marriage
Everything from the way you ask for a hand to the etiquette afterwards and ceremonies like "kamu", "sa lalle" are all Hausa culture. The only observable Islamic constant is the mosque ceremomy.

Sleeping
What does this even mean? So your culture has a way of sleeping different from how everyone else sleeps?

Eating
Are you talking about cuisine? Because if you are this is a very ignorant statement.

Pattern of building
Tubali architecture is older than Islam in hausaland. Though most people opt for the western style houses used all over nigeria these days I don't understand why you're hypocritical enough to use this as a point of yours?

Dressing
There is no such thing as Islamic dressing. Again Hausas dress just as other sahelians in Mali Senegal and other sahelian countries.

Looking at all Nigerian cultures, actually say within the next 100 years Hausa culture is the most sustainable. Integrating Islamic aspects into culture doesn't mean you've lost your culture but modified it to reflect your religious beliefs, islam as a way of life is also culture but the things you mentioned have nothing to do with the fundamentals of Islam so Hausas have retained their originality in these aspects.

You should be more worried about your people who are unapologetically surrendering their culture and language for that of the west. You're almost gone, not us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by JikanBaura(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2017
ehinmowo:

Except the cristians, grin their are no Hausa Christians to begin with, assume they but why are they exceptional.

These range from:

Name
Language (many of Hausa words are Arabic. E.g no

hausa word for God. Hence they use Allah)

Marriage

Sleeping

Because we doesn't sleep on trees or like your ancestors grin

Eating

Because we never been carnivals ,You ancestors used to be carnivals cheesy

Pattern of building
Our architecture pre-dates islam cool we must have borrowed it because your ancestors lives on trees

Dressing

Our clothes, mode of dressing pre-dates islam, we must have brorrows it because your ancestors roam naked in the bush before British came. History have never known us to be naked, cool

You have no mode of dressing tO call yours it's either you wear our cloth or Europeans cloths. smiley

Your language is near extinction cool cuz you choose your slavemasters language english over urs. grin

Before British you have no religion other than paganism, to day you dump paganism for Cristianity you adopted from your white slave masters. The only thing African about you is your skin which your people are dying to bleached it grin

Yet you got mouth to talk, be thankful to God we Hausa doesn't have time to bash you, We considered your people too inferior to us. Your civilizations is crap so we never question about it.We never been curious about your history because you have none. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by ehinmowo: 12:17am On Dec 30, 2017
JikanBaura:

You have no mode of dressing tO call yours it's either you wear our cloth or Europeans cloths. smiley

Your language is near extinction cool cuz you choose your slavemasters language english over urs. grin

Before British you have no religion other than paganism, to day you dump paganism for Cristianity you adopted from your white slave masters. The only thing African about you is your skin which your people are dying to bleached it grin

Yet you got mouth to talk, be thankful to God we Hausa doesn't have time to bash you, We considered your people too inferior to us. Your civilizations is crap so we never question about it.We never been curious about your history because you have none. grin

Wot is dis primitive fool saying?
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by JikanBaura(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
ehinmowo:

Wot is dis primitive fool saying?

cheesy said your ancestors roam nake prior to the coming of White man you have no clothes. live on top of trees together with chimpanzees grin
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by ehinmowo: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
JikanBaura:

cheesy said your ancestors roam nake prior to the coming of White man you have no clothes. live on top of trees together with chimpanzees grin

Good to know thise things happened b4 dey came. Urs are still roaming d strt naked, begging ur thief emirs for money and living a fuddled life
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by labani06(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2019
Hausa people have already conquered the Fulani with there language and mode of dressing and also tradition.
Re: Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them. by Olu317(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2019

There are Hausa pagans but I'm yet to see a Hausa Christian being a northerner and living in the north all my life. If there are they must be a new breed of converts. But religion should not affect Hausa culture. Hausa culture is one and shame regardless of religion.

This statement is vague because there are hausa Christians. Perhaps , you can posit the ethnicity of these four people :

1. Rev. Dr. Stephen Panya Baba. A man who was born in Karu on January 20, 1932 to Baba and Gnubwanyi, both of them Gbayi of Nasarawa State on Nigeria.Rev. Stephen Panya Baba is the President of, The Evangelical Church Winning All(ECWA) . The church name was previously known as the Evangelical Church of West Africa and remains one of the biggest church in Northern Nigeria

2. Haruna Jacob Dandaura a Hausa Christian, was born in Gizo in Gummel Emirate of former Kano Province of Nigeria.

3. Yusuf Jatau was born in 1929 at Gidan Jibir, Sabon Sarki District, in the Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State, Nigeria.Yusuf Jatau was a prominent minister of the Nigerian Baptist Convention

4.Rev. Sule Magaji was the United Missionary Church District Superintendent of the Arewa (northern) District from 1973 to 1991.Sule Magaji was the youngest son of Bata Pani and Obko, born around 1921 at Kdigni, now in Mahuta Local Government Area of Kebbi State, then Sokoto Province of Nigeria. He comes from the Romna clan of the Lelna, formerly known by the Hausa name, Dakarkari.

I restricted the names because of what you inferred. And I hope you know the above four people's followers~members would be northerners.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Traditional Gun Salutes/salutations/distress Signals / Is Opa Oranmiyan A God That Worship? (picture) / Oworo Land: Where The Tongue Includes Igbo, Yoruba Words And Chief Bears Nupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.