Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,790 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ (18321 Views)

Youths Protest With Coffin In Akwa Ibom Over Siege On House Of Assembly (Photos) / Bayelsa Workers Protest With Coffin Against Governor Dickson (Photos) / IPOB Members In Austria Protest With Coffin At British Embassy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by mapet: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2017
uyplus:
Most Rivers state indigenes are so lazy! All you hear them say "na our oyel money". They prefer to earn stipends than work to earn a salary! So sad, the south westerners are controlling the big positons in MNCs.

Bros,

I did my NYSC in PH in 2000. My first experience was to note the rate at which ND men consume alcohol. In our camp at Nonwa, there was this woman who sells hot drinks inside NYSC camp. You will see men from villages come to this joint, sit with the woman all day, drink their life out and close with her. They repeat this action the next day.....and the next..... I left PH with an impression......I have never witnessed men who drink such level of toxic alcohol, who hardly work, lay-about folks and very violent.

Back then, I recalled the youths protested and negotiated with Shell and Total to allocate jobs to community youths. Do you know that after these jobs were "seeded" to them, some of them wanted to sell the slots? I guess it was more "lucrative" to be in "agitation" than to be employed.

I have spent over 17yrs in the Oil and Gas Industry, I have trailer-loads of sad-experience of community vs IOC/NOCs. While it can be argued that IOCs/NOCs can do much more, the damage these greedy community youths (and many elders) are causing to their locality is numerous.
This situation will not go away in the ND soon except they reshape their value-system

1 Like

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by mapet: 9:06am On Dec 19, 2017
emmie14:

These people are protesting against exploitation without compensation by the petrochemical companies. Not about your stupid PDP or Nonchalant APC government. Comment accordingly.

So let's get something clear. Can you pls explain to us what nature of exploitation is Eleme petrochemical impacting on the Eleme communities?
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by emmie14: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2017
mapet:

So let's get something clear. Can you pls explain to us what nature of exploitation is Eleme petrochemical impacting on the Eleme communities?
Air pollution without compensation.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by madenigga(m): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2017
AdaFonju:

You people should stop this useless stereotype of Rivers youths and Niger delta youths at large, all over the world its common practice for indigenous quota to be given to the host community, I as a Rivers indegene can't work in Abia, state civil service is a no go area, company positions in private organization are given to igbo people, same thing in the west and in the north, but wen it comes to Rivers state everybody becomes one nigeria and want to use population of their major tribes to hold position in the major companies, then when youths protest you will open your ignorant mouth and say they're lazy, nonsense. ....
Have u gone to companies in the east or west to seek for employment and you were qualified and werent allowed to work cause u were a Rivers indigene or is this the normal delussions you guys give yourselves to justify your bad attitudes?
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by emmie14: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2017
janellemonae:

Dt guy is not Yoruba. You should keep Yoruba out of ur mouth, ur trying too hard.
No other tribe can comment so negatively about people who are pained.

1 Like

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by mapet: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2017
emmie14:

Air pollution without compensation.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now I know you just "talk" with absolutely zero knowledge of what you talk about.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by honestivo(m): 9:48am On Dec 19, 2017
engrflames:
Mtchew, Rivers youths are too voilent, hostile and jobless, protesting and blocking companies from operating in their various communities is what they do best. Very annoying set of people
Is that all you know about Rivers people,what about the polluted environment that is causing health hazard to the people, the danger of a single story .Face the truth ,
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by IkpuMmadu: 9:49am On Dec 19, 2017
madenigga:

Have u gone to companies in the east or west to seek for employment and you were qualified and werent allowed to work cause u were a Rivers indigene or is this the normal delussions you guys give yourselves to justify your bad attitudes?

Rivers State indigenes are one of the laziest folks around ...with their bayelsa counterparts....cultism rules their lives
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by AdaFonju: 10:00am On Dec 19, 2017
madenigga:

Yes, criteria for every position is firstly based on being igbo or yoruba as d case may be, its not to long ago that a former governor of abia state sacked non indegenes from the state civil service most of whom wer from Rivers state, keep deluding yourself to justify your bad attitudes
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by madenigga(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2017
AdaFonju:

Yes, criteria for every position is firstly based on being igbo or yoruba as d case may be, its not to long ago that a former governor of abia state sacked non indegenes from the state civil service most of whom wer from Rivers state, keep deluding yourself to justify your bad attitudes
LoL... most of them were from Rivers state.

I remember this Abia civil service sack being used over abd over again on this Nairaland to justify this nonsense. A retard sacked civil servants same Abia that is already almost sufficating from Bad governance, that sack is still a part of the bad governance disturbing Abia state.

Last time i checked imo people were the peopl that were affected most by the sack but you dont see them crying everywhere on the net.

Thirdly if you know you and your people dont have bad attitude to life and reasoning please show me a proof anywhere on the press or media where it said Rivers people were the most affected by the sack.

Ot forever remain silent.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by UDIOK: 10:22am On Dec 19, 2017
MrHistorian:
Even Adults??

All of a sudden,the people of Rivers are blessed with the gift of foresight to envisage the danger of exploitation by a PetroChemical industry without a compensating benefits to the host communities..

Yet these set of people have turned blind eye to the dollarization of PDP Chairmanship election by their Governor,not even a single display of displeasure.
Who is this one on a loose chain
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by AdaFonju: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2017
madenigga:

LoL... most of them were from Rivers state.

I remember this Abia civil service sack being used over abd over again on this Nairaland to justify this nonsense. A retard sacked civil servants same Abia that is already almost sufficating from Bad governance, that sack is still a part of the bad governance disturbing Abia state.

Last time i checked imo people were the peopl that were affected most by the sack but you dont see them crying everywhere on the net.

Thirdly if you know you and your people dont have bad attitude to life and reasoning please show me a proof anywhere on the press or media where it said Rivers people were the most affected by the sack.

Ot forever remain silent.
You succeeded in saying nothing, whether or not you accept it, is totally your business, the abia state government sacked Non indegenes including those from Rivers state for no just reason apart from not being from the state, and you are making an argument saying that Rivers people were not the most affected, you have lost it my friend
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by UDIOK: 10:49am On Dec 19, 2017
mapet:

So many bros
1. The company is managed by Indians they pay kobo, Nigerians there work like elephant but eat like ant
2. More than 1000 trailers are parked by the road side there they dont have trailer park inside the premises thereby causing nuisance to other road users plying the road to FOT, FLT, port harcourt refinery, other thousands OGFZE within the business district at ONNE, again the road is East west road leading to Rivpoly Bori, Calabar, UYO, EKET, ORON ,Cameroon, ALSCON & Ibom Power plant at ikot abasi always narrowing down the road to one lane because of indiscriminate parking of Indorama trucks thereby causing gridlock and untold hardship for other road users
3. Petrochemicals as the name implies has to do with chemical processes, their method of toxic waste disposal is not well define and of-course you know government are not helping matters in this direction making the place a dumping ground for toxic waste
4. when you get to petrochemical plant at Eleme you will notice 24hours flare sending gas pollution to the air i am leaving at eliminigwe estate phase 3 close to the eleme plant there what we saw on our vehicles every morning is black soothe deposits like a stove that generate heavy carbons so it is not stories it is factual environmental degradation, pollution and intensive heat envelope the area and its environs
5. As a result of their heavy duty trucks plying that road in thousands, the roads are always in deplorable condition on a regular basis

It is only in Nigeria that this kind of exploitation can be tolerated -----Iam totally in support of their agitation it has nothing to do with state government, Fed. Min. of environment in conjunction with ministry of Labour, min. of Land and housing to do something about the total exploitation witnessed by Eleme and Elelenwo communities
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by ja2ken(m): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2017
engrflames:
Mtchew, Rivers youths are too voilent, hostile and jobless, protesting and blocking companies from operating in their various communities is what they do best. Very annoying set of people

Be sensible enough to be watchful of the trash you type on social media .. Bigot be guided..
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by ja2ken(m): 11:53am On Dec 19, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Rivers State indigenes are one of the laziest folks around ...with their bayelsa counterparts....cultism rules their lives

Coming from a stupendous ignoramus.. Bigot, don't talk before you think..
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by ja2ken(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
uyplus:
Most Rivers state indigenes are so lazy! All you hear them say "na our oyel money". They prefer to earn stipends than work to earn a salary! So sad, the south westerners are controlling the big positons in MNCs.

Tribal bigots like you just come to social media to spill trash.. I don't know where you get stupid ideology, and what makes you feel you are better than most rivers youths??
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by mapet: 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
I have not been to Eleme in over 10yrs, but if all you claim is true, see my answers in blue

UDIOK:
So many bros
1. The company is managed by Indians they pay kobo, Nigerians there work like elephant but eat like ant - Eleme pretrochemical was privatised by FG. As at the first year of operations post privatisation, it is on records that Eleme petrochemicals did not lay off any of the staffs they inherited from FG. The bear minimum of their pay was still the NNPC salary scale, in addition to what their new employers introduced.
2. More than 1000 trailers are parked by the road side there they dont have trailer park inside the premises thereby causing nuisance to other road users plying the road to FOT, FLT, port harcourt refinery, other thousands OGFZE within the business district at ONNE, again the road is East west road leading to Rivpoly Bori, Calabar, UYO, EKET, ORON ,Cameroon, ALSCON & Ibom Power plant at ikot abasi always narrowing down the road to one lane because of indiscriminate parking of Indorama trucks thereby causing gridlock and untold hardship for other road users This is a clear-cut traffic issue. I believe the state government should have (and should) address this. Fashola dealt with tanker drivers at Apapa port via LASTMA.
3. Petrochemicals as the name implies has to do with chemical processes, their method of toxic waste disposal is not well define and of-course you know government are not helping matters in this direction making the place a dumping ground for toxic waste Can you show by any link for evidence of Eleme petrochemical method of toxic waste disposal?
4. when you get to petrochemical plant at Eleme you will notice 24hours flare sending gas pollution to the air i am leaving at eliminigwe estate phase 3 close to the eleme plant there what we saw on our vehicles every morning is black soothe deposits like a stove that generate heavy carbons so it is not stories it is factual environmental degradation, pollution and intensive heat envelope the area and its environs. What compensation do you think will remedy this? This is a serious issue and it is at variance with what the indegenes displayed (DJ, Music and stuffs)
5. As a result of their heavy duty trucks plying that road in thousands, the roads are always in deplorable condition on a regular basis If the communities are strategic in their orientation, they better request Eleme Petrochemical to support in road rehabilitation, maintenance and construction

It is only in Nigeria that this kind of exploitation can be tolerated -----Iam totally in support of their agitation it has nothing to do with state government, Fed. Min. of environment in conjunction with ministry of Labour, min. of Land and housing to do something about the total exploitation witnessed by Eleme and Elelenwo communities
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by DBlackCeazer(m): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
Na the only thing wey fit draw youths come out during protest. No grooving no protest. Lol
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2018
AdaFonju:

You people should stop this useless stereotype of Rivers youths and Niger delta youths at large, all over the world its common practice for indigenous quota to be given to the host community, I as a Rivers indegene can't work in Abia, state civil service is a no go area, company positions in private organization are given to igbo people, same thing in the west and in the north, but wen it comes to Rivers state everybody becomes one nigeria and want to use population of their major tribes to hold position in the major companies, then when youths protest you will open your ignorant mouth and say they're lazy, nonsense. ....
dont misunderstand me brother and i in no way have any atom of hattred for rivers pple. there is a huge diff btw government work and a private job.i cant come all the way from enugu state and hear that river state govt is recruiting and i will be jostling for the job which is insane and vise versa...when i said rivers youth i didnt generalize, but must rivers youth are lazy. they prefer to be on monthly stipend than to be fully employed. note : am talking about rivers youth attitude their non challant attitude towards work.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 10, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

I've worked in over 40 communities the south, and this entitlement mentality, because a company is situated in your land needs to be phased out, Nigeria is still a long way off the mark
exactly. but if you ask me i think the family as an institution has failed them esp in the ss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC, Tribunal Frustrating My Petitions – Olusola Eleka / Nigeria Has Lost 20 Rangers – National Park / "The Problem we have Is accumulated Debts From The Past Govt" - Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.