Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha (13885 Views)

Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders / “my Opponents Only Exist On Social Media” – Governor Rochas Okorocha / "Willie Obiano’s Opponents Only Fit To Be Catechists" – Prof. Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, on Tuesday said that he did not have any opposition in the state.

In a statement made available to our correspondent by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, the governor boasted that no reasonable Imo man or woman could come out in protest against him or his administration.

The statement partly read,

“We want to take the floor once again to inform the general public that Governor Rochas Okorocha or his Rescue Mission Administration does not have any opposition in the state. The few elite, whose simple and compound interest is 2019 governorship in the state, do not constitute any opposition in the proper sense of the word and so, they only operate on the social media.

“We want also to state clearly that no reasonable Imo man or woman can come out in protest against Governor Rochas Okorocha or his administration because he has done for them what they never knew could be done by a government in the state.

“Why all these? Those who follow postings on the social media must have read what a faceless or non-existent group that called itself ‘Imo Peoples Action for Democracy’ with no fixed address or any existing human being behind it, had published threatening to ‘occupy Imo’ from Monday, December 18, 2017 to Sunday, December 24, 2017 in protest for reasons best known to them.

“When we saw that gimmick, we didn’t react to it because we knew it was one of such cock and bull stories. After all, a one-time speaker of the state House of Assembly had issued a similar threat last year and on the day he said he was going to have a rally against the government, he was not even in Owerri but in Abuja enjoying himself. At the end of the day, nothing happened.

“Today, Monday, December 18, 2017 nothing happened with regard to the empty threat to ‘Occupy Imo.’ Rather, supporters of the administration gathered in their thousands at the Heroes Square to celebrate President Muhammadu Buhari’s 75th birthday.”

Cutting the cake to mark President Buhari’s birthday, the Chief of Staff to Okorocha on Operations, Kingsley Uju, said, “Today, we are seeing genuine love in action. Today, the youths, women and general people of Imo State in their large numbers are celebrating a man who has done so well in protecting the unity of Nigeria and restoring the once-lost integrity of Nigeria.

“Today, we are celebrating a unique man who has transformed the fortunes of this great nation within a short time, a detribalised Nigerian, who enjoys the respect of the international community.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/my-opponents-only-exist-on-social-media-okorocha/amp/

lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
Especially On Nairaland

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by sarrki(m): 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
Alright sire
Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Okoroawusa: 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
IMOLITES,the best is yet to come.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
“We want also to state clearly that no reasonable Imo man or woman can come out in protest against Governor Rochas Okorocha or his administration because he has done for them what they never knew could be done by a government in the state.

grin grin grin We hear you, Future President of Nigeria!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by prospero5(m): 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
new meme @picture,

when your sister is the commissioner for happiness.

@topic, this man looks empty to me

3 Likes

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by dukie25: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
So who were those protesting against him yesterday?

When did Social media start carrying placards?

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by rifasenate11(m): 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
this man is not wise at all, where else can they oppose you if not on social media. the sculptor governor, the entire IMO people is your opponent. they are against you whether you know it or choose to deny it. you took the money meant for payment of salaries and erect statues and organize birthday parties.

even Obasanjo has to say the truth about the bad decisions that you always offer to him while he was still the president.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Evablizin(f): 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2017

Okorostatue has spoken.

8 Likes

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Abagworo!

1 Like

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Desyner: 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
Sir, the problem is your good governance starts & end with your family & friends.

3 Likes

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Ifeanyi4491(m): 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
E dey pain am well well

1 Like

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
rifasenate11:
this man is not wise at all, where else can they oppose you if not on social media. the sculptor governor, the entire IMO people is your opponent. they are against you whether you know it or choose to deny it. you took the money meant for payment of salaries and erect statues and organize birthday parties.

even Obasanjo has to say the truth about the bad decisions that you always offer to him while he was still the president.

Those opposing him on Social media are not from IMO State, hence he has been winning elections since 2011..

Are you cleared?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
dukie25:

The Reason only 10 people came out to protest when compared with multitude who abuse him on Social Media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by dukie25: 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

The Reason only 10 people came out to protest when compared with multitude who abuse on Social Media.
If he was not irked by the protest and it was insignificant, why did he send police to arrest the protesters?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by rifasenate11(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Those opposing on Social media are not from IMO State, hence he has winning elections since 2011..

Are you cleared?

hence he has been rigging elections since 2011.

are you cleared?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Alariiwo: 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
Opposition is dead in Imo.. continue misbehaving okoroawusa grin

4 Likes

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by ZombiePUNISHER: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
dukie25:

These people are liars
Lying is one of the prerequisites on joining APC
If you can't tell a lie
Don't think of joining or supporting APC
It's a party deep rooted in corruption and propaganda

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by ZombiePUNISHER: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

The Reason only 10 people came out to protest when compared with multitude who abuse on Social Media.

I heard you are heavily fat
Is it true?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by sagio09: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
undecided
Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Annnonymous: 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Mumu governor angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by oshe111(m): 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
Even the spiritual SLAP was from "Social Media"

2 Likes

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by temitemi1(m): 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
Those social medial opponents must be ghosts then grin

2 Likes

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by BruncleZuma: 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Hayshoepofo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
Good day Mr statue
I think I need a statue before this year runs out

2 Likes

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
angry angry. I BLAME NONE OTHER THAN THE DAÚRA DÚLLARD. BLAME BUHARI AND APC.

WHY ARE THE SPAMBOTS CENSORING THE WORD "DAÙRA DÙLLARD" TO "DAURA PRESIDENT"?

THE CORRUPTION OF THE ZOO HAS SPREAD TO NAIRALAND grin

1 Like

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Check my signature for affordable and durable window blind
Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Mcsenior(m): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ride on statue governor.
In fact; you are even the best governor
#yinmu

Check NaturalRemedyLab for your natural home made remedies

1 Like

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by YINKS89(m): 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ur opponents re finkin of how to bring down d statue u erected no gree for Dem.

1 Like

Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Myself2(m): 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bleep politics section mods tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha by Oyindidi(f): 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Igbo May Lose A Second Time – Okorocha / We Are Going To Forbid Any Form Of Monopoly- Lai Mohammed / Yemi Osinbajo Celebrates His 62nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.