Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! (620 Views)

Canada Visitor's Visa To Work Permit / New Zealand Visiting Visa.. .help / Embassy Denied Me Visa,help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by TashaAde(f): 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
Answered - Thanks

1 Like

Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by dafeyankee: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
My experience.

Got a 2 yrs Visitor Visa to Nigeria. Got to Nigeria and was stamped in for 30 days only,but I errorneusly assumed it was 90 days as obtainable every Where.

I did not look at the stamp entry.

I stayed 40 days,and on my way back I was delayed and told I was an illegal immigrant, which was comical, considering the fact I am a Nigerian by birth, but sometimes uses the Visa If I am travelling to Nigeria from where I have no access to my Nigeria passport.

Money exchanged(20k Naira) and I was allowed on my way. So, I guess this 30 days thing is the official thing.

This happened 3 yrs ago.

3 Likes

Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by thedondada(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2017

Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by sholatech(m): 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
Sure you can apply for 90 day visa and will be granted. However on arrival, the immigration stamp might most likely admit you for 30 days. If you thus require additional 60-days, you will go to nearby immigration office for 60-days extension before the initial 30-days visa expire.

4 Likes

Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by TashaAde(f): 7:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
dafeyankee:
My experience.

Got a 2 yrs Visitor Visa to Nigeria. Got to Nigeria and was stamped in for 30 days only,but I errorneusly assumed it was 90 days as obtainable every Where.

I did not look at the stamp entry.

I stayed 40 days,and on my way back I was delayed and told I was an illegal immigrant, which was comical, considering the fact I am a Nigerian by birth, but sometimes uses the Visa If I am travelling to Nigeria from where I have no access to my Nigeria passport.

Money exchanged(20k Naira) and I was allowed on my way. So, I guess this 30 days thing is the official thing.

This happened 3 yrs ago.

Thanks for the reply..
Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by TashaAde(f): 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
sholatech:
Sure you can apply for 90 day visa and will be granted. However on arrival, the immigration stamp might most likely admit you for 30 days. If you thus require additional 60-days, you will go to nearby immigration office for 60-days extension before the initial 30-days visa expire.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by dafeyankee: 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
TashaAde:

Thanks for the reply.. do they ask you any questions about how long you are staying once you arrive?

Was not asked.

Remember my passport also shows place of birth NIGERIA, so Maybe that's why I was not asked. And again my accent is so WARRI, I doubt if I would be asked that question.

They know I am local.

3 Likes

Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by sholatech(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
TashaAde:

Thanks for the reply.
Have you experienced that yourself?
What do you think I should do, book my flight for 30 days then just change it if I am granted the additional time?

I have many expatriate contacts coming into the country regularly. Nigeria Immigration will usually give you only 30-days entry permit on arrival. Pls go ahead and book your return flight for your desired 60/90 days visit. It is very easy and so definite to legally extend your visit visa at Nigeria Immigrations.
Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by bammy00(m): 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
With a little greasing of Palms you would get two years visa if you want. Go ahead and book your flight.
Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by TashaAde(f): 8:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
sholatech:

I have many expatriate contacts coming into the country regularly. Nigeria Immigration will usually give you only 30-days entry permit on arrival. Pls go ahead and book your return flight for your desired 60/90 days visit. It is very easy and so definite to legally extend your visit visa at Nigeria Immigrations.

Thank you, I feel so much better now. So should I also get my friend to put the 60-90day duration on the invitation letter too as well as on my application?
Re: British Citizen Applying For Nigerian Visitor VISA - Help! by TashaAde(f): 8:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
bammy00:
With a little greasing of Palms you would get two years visa if you want. Go ahead and book your flight.

Really?? How would I do that? That would be useful as I am going next month but will likely be going over again late next year.

(1) (Reply)

Post Graduate Admission With Second Class Lower Grade. / Accident At Ambrose Alli University epkoma Edo state Today Kills One Student / Five Must-see Statues In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.