Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Pregnancy Before Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy Before Marriage (4967 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? / Pregnancy Before Church Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy Before Marriage by agbana(m): 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2007
will u like your woman to get pregnant before marriage?
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by Free(f): 8:02am On Feb 28, 2007
well
i wud like to get married
b4 i get pregnant

thnk U very much grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by TemiJay(f): 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2007
No way!!! Its against my religion, it against my moral standing, its against everything i stand for. It is also very boring cos what fun is there during the first few months of your marriage. All morning sickness. Yack
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by sisimose(f): 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2007
i am happy someone brought this up, i have been hearing many men say they want the women to get pregnant before marriage, even some Christian one do this. They say they want to check she is fertile, na wah. Even my cousin's mother adviced her to get pregnant before her wedding to make sure he was able to father kids(thank God she did get pregnant and they did get married grin tory for get K-leg). This is all crazy
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by OmoEko1(f): 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2007
Anyway it's against my religion and moral and i don't think the pastor will join us together if he knows am pregnant.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by uspry1(f): 7:20pm On Mar 04, 2007
Get marriage first before getting pregnancy is a blessing from God. Getting pregnant before marriage is disgraceful to God.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by ikamefa(f): 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2007
abeg as the spirit moves jor! smiley
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by mamaput(f): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2007
uspry1:

Get marriage first before getting pregnancy is a blessing from God. Getting pregnant before marriage is disgraceful to God.

Are not all children a blessing
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by Seun(m): 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2007
They are, but how do we discourage unprepared teenagers from getting pregnant without the element of disgrace?
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by mamaput(f): 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2007
I alway say . Kids are a suprise not an accident.
If the family of the pregnant unmarried teenager stand by her .
No outsider will come and open his mouth,
If my father would forgive me and let me have the child in his house. nobody will come there to talk to be.
If my father introduces the child proudly as his grandchild were is the disgrace.
I do not pray for any of my daughters to have a baby in teenage age. But if they do am there for them to help them with that child .
I will not see it as a disgrace.
A suprise baby is not the worst thing that can happen to a girl today

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by jess(f): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2007
Dont defile the marital bed. Having sexual relations with your husband or wife-to-be is a sin. Rather than be blessed, you'll end up opening the door to terrible things. God gave us that instruction because He has reserved a special blessing for us if we obey.
Getting pregnant before marriage is like buying pieces of furniture for a house, when you've not gotten a house, and then keeping them outside pending when you get a house. By exposing them, they could be destroyed by the rain and the sun. This is exactly what happens if the man responsible absconds or denies being the father of your unborn child.
Please, lets stop making excuses for ourselves and rather strive to do only that which is right in God's sight. It is not easy but if you think of the consequences of disobeying Him, we'll all pull through.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by Icejay(m): 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
uspry1:

Gbam !!! U've said it all.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by Seun(m): 9:32am On Mar 08, 2007
What if I don't really believe in religion? Would there be a reason to care about what is "disgraceful to God"?
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by sisimose(f): 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2007
good point. If they have no religious reasons then do they really want to subject themselves to a life of single parenthood when it can be avoided? Sometimes we are so selfish we forget to include the child in the picture. I will use myself as an example, if i were in such a position and had no religious reason to wait till i get married before kids, then i will make darn sure i use contraception, single parenthood is no picnic, i would rather save myself unecessary headache . As for the social stigma or what people may think about me, ***stick my tongue out*** they can jump off a bridge, i don't and have never cared what people think about me.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by Seun(m): 8:38am On Mar 10, 2007
Hehe. Nice attitude. Girls should be careful about the way they grant admission into their wombs.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by mukina2: 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2007
.marriage first before kids . .
what if you get pregnant for the guy and he ends up marrying someone else?
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by sisimose(f): 2:48am On Mar 11, 2007
abi. lol
talk about reducing your chances. grin
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by agnesoseka: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2007
Marriage b4 babies,
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by Maneater1(f): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2007
There's nothing beautiful or sexy about a pregnant bride. Its bad enuf ur not virgin on ur wedding night then u go to the altar in God's house with the product of ur fornication? sacriledge!!

A girl in my uni got pregnant for her american boyfriend, he promised to marry her, but his family didnt really like her much. Now she's a single mother with a 4 year old son.

Do i have to say no man will even look at her. They dont need girls with baggage. It wont kill u to wait, and i u getting married out of love or just to procreate. Why the need to test if ur plumbing is working.

I keep preaching -marry out of love. i wouldnt love my husband any less if he cud noitgive me a baby, and i dont think a man should not love his wife because she mite be barren. You could always adopt.

Marry for love and not for children. It is God that gives. and dont feel free to rub it in his face that u are fornicationg and desecrate ur matrimonial bed.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by busygirl(f): 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2007
As God liveth, I want 2 get married before gettin pregnant, personally, I'm strongly against pre-marital sex, and gettin pregnant after ma marriage will make ma husband happier, nd respect me d more
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by spoilt(f): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2007
who are these men that insist on pregnancy b4 marriage? shocked shocked

that alone shows you his love is conditional. i wud run for my dear life.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by whiteNkem(f): 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2007
Why would anyone want that? Why not go along the normal course of things? Get married, then have children? Why choose to do the other way around? If you read very well the post, please tell me if you get it's purpose! as in, he means willingly not accidentally!
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by mazaje(m): 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2007
Marry first then make babies later wink
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by jiggo(m): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2007
will u like your woman to get pregnant before marriage?

No, i will not like my woman to get pregnant before marriage?
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by omoge(f): 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2007
agree with you all, marriage first then babies. It's not guaranteed he's going to marry you after you've pop out kid,

Am sure you all know how guy's head work undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by Busta(f): 2:45am On Apr 09, 2007
well, of course everybody would like to get married first before the babies starts coming

but mistakes do happen, how do u deal with the situation then, abortion??
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by star01(m): 2:47am On Apr 09, 2007
@topic
i would ve @ least 1 b4 marrige of max of two, cos u might not know wat kind of shyt ur wife might ve gone thru like havin series of abortion,barren so n so like that
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by cuteass1(f): 3:22am On Apr 09, 2007
Busta:

well, of course everybody would like to get married first before the babies starts coming

but mistakes do happen, how do u deal with the situation then, abortion??

in my opinion, some decisions are better taken while in the situation, most times, we say we'll do this but end up doing the total opposite when in the situation.

so i guess its right when we say[i] we'll cross that bridge when we get there[/i] wink
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by mamaput(f): 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2007
In this day and age Pregnancy is not the worst thing that can happen to a Girl/woman.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by mamaput(f): 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2007
@ man eater am not sure you really believe what you wrote,

Do i have to say no man will even look at her. They don't need girls with baggage. It wont kill u to wait, and i u getting married out of love or just to procreate. Why the need to test if your plumbing is working.
A child is not a baggage and speakfor yourself men will still look for her. Stepfather is not a madeup word

I
keep preaching -marry out of love. i wouldnt love my husband any less if he cud noitgive me a baby, and i don't think a man should not love his wife because she mite be barren. You could always adopt.

dont make me laugh are you talking about Nigeria here.
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by Aproko(f): 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2007
why would anyone want to drag kids along to their honey moon? :oas for me,i will bake the cake before icing it and not the other way round. marriage first definitely. wink
Re: Pregnancy Before Marriage by cennific(f): 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2007
Fact: many marriages happen because the lady is already pregnant, the couple will then convince themselves that they were already planning to get married anyway.

Excluding teenage pregnancy or pregnancy that came about to "force the guy's hand", I feel its always better to wait for the wedding, but if it happens before, what is the big deal? Sex before marriage may be a sin but a baby is only evidence of that "sin" not the sin itself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Me, My Wife And My Mother....... Pls Only Matured Mind...... / Do You Want Revenge Or You Want To Stay Married? / Ex-bf Vs New Bf - "You Prepared To Die For That P*ssy? - I'm." (video Lol)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.