Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje (19978 Views)

Former Kano DeputyGovernor Hafiz Abubakar Defies Kwankwaso, Picks PDP Guber Form / Ganduje's Reply To Hafiz Abubakar, His Deputy That Resigned To Join PDP / Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by agwom(m): 5:40am On Dec 20, 2017
The Deputy Governor of Kano State, Prof. Hafiz Abubakar, has dropped a shocking political revelation, saying he will not conest on same ticket with his principal, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, come 2019.

In a leaked audio clip, Professor Abubakar said he would rather return to Bayero University, Kano (BUK) where he belonged after the expiration of their tenure on May 29, 2019.

When contacted, the deputy governor’s spokesperson, Alhaji Usman Bello confirmed that the audio clip that went viral on social and conventional media emanated from his principal.

He said, “Prof. Hafiz made the statement at Mambayya House while addressing his supporters from Gwale Local Government.

“Prof. was explaining the situation he found himself politically; Yes, it is his voice. However, my boss has no any problem with Ganduje. He is enjoying all respect in terms of governance from the governor.

“Prof. has testified this today at a function held at School of Nursing that there is mutual understanding between him and the governor. The problem he is facing is with the APC at his local government and in fact his ward Mandawari,” the spokesman said.

The deputy governor in the clip said he would rather align himself with his former boss, Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, than support Ganduje in the next general elections.

He said, “I was picked by Kwankwaso to be running mate to Ganduje in the last general elections. My wish is to return to BUK by the end of our tenure in 2019 and continue with my career.”

Professor Abubakar was responding to the ongoing party restructuring exercise which led to the removal of the APC chairman in his Mandawari Ward in Gwale Local Government Area of the state without his consent.

He recalled that during the 2015 general elections campaigns, his picture was put side by side with that of the incumbent governor, as well as that of President Muhammadu Buhari and Sen. Kwankwaso.

“But today, my picture was replaced with somebody even at my birthplace,” he said.

“What have I done to my birthplace? What have I done to my birthplace? What have I done to warrant all these?” he queried.

On Ganduje’s second term bid, Hafiz averred that, “Those who want to continue should go on, but my prayer is to go back to BUK. I will not be part of a system whereby the leadership of my party, the APC, would be formed at my Mandawari Ward, my birthplace, and my blood brother was removed without anyone consulting me.”

He recalled that, “I did not bring myself here. I was engrossed in my academic activities when I was picked as the deputy governorship candidate. The God that chose me is not sleeping. Whether I am in the university, God knows the best. I pray to him to choose the best for me,” he said.

But in a reaction, Governor Ganduje expressed shock by the statement made by Prof. Abubakar over the removal of his Mandawari Ward party chairman.

In a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba, Ganduje directed for the immediate reinstatement of the removed chairman.

Gov. Ganduje also called on politicians to always contact party leadership and politicians holding higher offices before embarking on issues of sensitive nature.

He equally tasked politicians and other members of the public to accord the same respect to the deputy governor in their dealings with him.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2019-kano-dep-gov-pulls-out-of-joint-ticket-with-ganduje.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by tchimatic(m): 5:54am On Dec 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Samusu(m): 6:15am On Dec 20, 2017
Abubakar Hafiz kam

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by izospindle(m): 6:19am On Dec 20, 2017
hmmmm things about to get messy in kano ....the governor doing damage control

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Bede2u(m): 6:38am On Dec 20, 2017
APC will fail in 2019 to win many of their current seat back. While Buhari may rig and win at the presidential level, APC will lose many governorship, senatorial and rep seats to PDP

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by farihafaheemah(m): 6:44am On Dec 20, 2017
The reason given was not substantial, what I could deduce from his statement was that he want to align with his political leader kwankwaso. The excuse of his brother removal as chairman of his political party in his ward does not hold water. 2019 political realignment in progress. We are watching

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by SeniorNwamaikpe: 6:47am On Dec 20, 2017
The Governor ask for the immediate reinstatement of the former ward chairman. I knw this man is afraid of Kwankwaso and he want to use the Deputy Governor to divide the former Governor camp. Foolish people.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by fitzmayowa: 6:49am On Dec 20, 2017
This will be interesting...

1 Like

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Nutase: 7:27am On Dec 20, 2017
Wise decision.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by cursedAbiola(f): 7:31am On Dec 20, 2017
all these uncircumcised gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping abokis sef

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by PapalsBull(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2017
[s]
cursedAbiola:
all these uncircumcised gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping abokis sef
[/s]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by aolawale025: 7:45am On Dec 20, 2017
These are the sort of politicians nigeria needs. People with principle.

9 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2017
Osinbajo should follow suit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Financialfree: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2017
My comment is not for the topic
Just so embittered aput this young man served jungle justice

https://www.nairaland.com/4243494/man-killed-stealing-tuber-yam

This is horrible
Killed for stealing a tuber of yam
Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by lazygal: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2017
agwom:
The Deputy Governor of Kano State, Prof. Hafiz Abubakar, has dropped a shocking political revelation, saying he will not conest on same ticket with his principal, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, come 2019.

In a leaked audio clip, Professor Abubakar said he would rather return to Bayero University, Kano (BUK) where he belonged after the expiration of their tenure on May 29, 2019.

When contacted, the deputy governor’s spokesperson, Alhaji Usman Bello confirmed that the audio clip that went viral on social and conventional media emanated from his principal.

He said, “Prof. Hafiz made the statement at Mambayya House while addressing his supporters from Gwale Local Government.

“Prof. was explaining the situation he found himself politically; Yes, it is his voice. However, my boss has no any problem with Ganduje. He is enjoying all respect in terms of governance from the governor.

“Prof. has testified this today at a function held at School of Nursing that there is mutual understanding between him and the governor. The problem he is facing is with the APC at his local government and in fact his ward Mandawari,” the spokesman said.

The deputy governor in the clip said he would rather align himself with his former boss, Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, than support Ganduje in the next general elections.

He said, “I was picked by Kwankwaso to be running mate to Ganduje in the last general elections. My wish is to return to BUK by the end of our tenure in 2019 and continue with my career.”

Professor Abubakar was responding to the ongoing party restructuring exercise which led to the removal of the APC chairman in his Mandawari Ward in Gwale Local Government Area of the state without his consent.

He recalled that during the 2015 general elections campaigns, his picture was put side by side with that of the incumbent governor, as well as that of President Muhammadu Buhari and Sen. Kwankwaso.

“But today, my picture was replaced with somebody even at my birthplace,” he said.

“What have I done to my birthplace? What have I done to my birthplace? What have I done to warrant all these?” he queried.

On Ganduje’s second term bid, Hafiz averred that, “Those who want to continue should go on, but my prayer is to go back to BUK. I will not be part of a system whereby the leadership of my party, the APC, would be formed at my Mandawari Ward, my birthplace, and my blood brother was removed without anyone consulting me.”

He recalled that, “I did not bring myself here. I was engrossed in my academic activities when I was picked as the deputy governorship candidate. The God that chose me is not sleeping. Whether I am in the university, God knows the best. I pray to him to choose the best for me,” he said.

But in a reaction, Governor Ganduje expressed shock by the statement made by Prof. Abubakar over the removal of his Mandawari Ward party chairman.

In a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba, Ganduje directed for the immediate reinstatement of the removed chairman.

Gov. Ganduje also called on politicians to always contact party leadership and politicians holding higher offices before embarking on issues of sensitive nature.

He equally tasked politicians and other members of the public to accord the same respect to the deputy governor in their dealings with him.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2019-kano-dep-gov-pulls-out-of-joint-ticket-with-ganduje.html

He has seen the light

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by KingLennon(m): 8:26am On Dec 20, 2017
That's the best decision you've made prof. Cause you made not live to contest the election. Politics is just a shitty game

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by emeijeh(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2017
Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by sureheaven(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2017
One is going to follow Atiku while the other remains kampe with APC and PMB.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Mc1807(m): 8:28am On Dec 20, 2017
Mtchewww...north--equals 9ja problem

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2017
If you think Nigeria should breakup click Like, click Share for one Nigeria. For me, I clicked Share!

Someone you know needs this info, save our number. You'll get a good percentage by linking us.
Our Company is into.
(1.) Metallic Epoxy 3D Floor/Wall/Ceiling. Exotic Epoxy 3D Floors are much more durable and stronger than tiles because they don't break like tiles. They are also very aesthetically fascinating, families, friends and Visitors would always be wowed by the exotic transformatiom that our Metallic Epoxy 3D works bring to Homes. American standard to the core, all our jobs comes with 45 years guarantee.
(2.) Exterior exotic Concrete Stamp Floor.
Unlike interlocking floors that soon allow grass and bushes to grow through, also often dents/disfigure when heavy vehicles are driven on them after heavy rainfall, our extetior Concrete Stamped Floor is relaible, durable, strong and beautifully facsinating. Don't enter 2018 jobless and poor, come for training. O7 O 3 7 5 5 5 9 4 9 Some pics of our past jobs below:

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Richardabbey(m): 8:29am On Dec 20, 2017
grin FTC Again
If Bet9ja No Favour Me ., FTC Go Do
Help Me Praise D Lord
Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by knowles89(m): 8:30am On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:
APC will fail in 2019 to win many of their current seat back. While Buhari may rig and win at the presidential level, APC will lose many governorship, senatorial and rep seats to PDP
If you say so, guess you know PDP ain't any better

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Booby88(m): 8:31am On Dec 20, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by SaAbbas(m): 8:32am On Dec 20, 2017
This move will seriously end the Gandujiyya Government in Kano State

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Lomprico2: 8:32am On Dec 20, 2017
Keneking:
Osinbajo should follow suit

The lying thieving pastor go gree?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Badonasty(m): 8:33am On Dec 20, 2017
agwom:

“What have I done to my birthplace? What have I done to my birthplace? What have I done to warrant all these?” he queried

Bros wan decamp be that
Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by ChangetheChange: 8:34am On Dec 20, 2017
The deputy governor in the clip said he would rather align himself with his former boss, Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, than support Ganduje in the next general elections

grin grin grin

2019 already playing out

Former Governor Kwankwaso, Former Governor Ibrahim Shekaru and PDP have locked down Kano state

Governor Ganduje is a nobody in Kano state

APC has already lost Kano State ----Buhari Zombies can quote me again and again

Massive decamping to PDP starts in January 2018

Buhari and APC have entered ONE CHANCE in Kano

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by eagleeye2: 8:34am On Dec 20, 2017
Interesting.

Prof. has seen enough corruption to last him two life times.
Him no wan do again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by deafeyez: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2017
He could be the next governor of kano. Kwankoso hmmm PDP loading.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Mak4web(m): 8:43am On Dec 20, 2017
Toh
Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by Okoyeeboz: 8:48am On Dec 20, 2017
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin

2019 already playing out

Former Governor Kwankwaso, Former Governor Ibrahim Shekaru and PDP have locked down Kano state

Governor Ganduje is a nobody in Kano state

APC has already lost Kano State ----Buhari Zombies can quote me again and again

Massive decamping to PDP starts in January 2018

Buhari and APC have entered ONE CHANCE in Kano

As much as I hate to agree with you, what you've posted is the truth.

I forsee a situation that APC would win Presidential elections in Kano but would be heavily defeated in state elections.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje by AceRoyal: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2017
Interesting....... tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrorist Threat: Release Nnamdi Kanu – IPOB Tells Buhari Government / Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / Lauretta Onochie Congratulates Modu Sheriff Over His Appeal Court Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.