Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 (24281 Views)

Mention A Song That's Not Popular But Impacts You Greatly / 5 Trending Topics For January In The Nigeria Music Industry / Umuobiligbo - Download All The Tracks In Their Latest Album (udo Ga Adi 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by acupikin: 7:46am On Dec 20, 2017
Top 5 record labels with the biggest impacts in nigeria music 2017

When it comes to Music production and recording some record labels did it very well this year ,as a result we are having a countdown to the number one record label this year 2017.

5.Triple MG
The record label was founded by iyanya and Ubi Franklin but is now managed by Ubi Franklin since the departure of "IYANYA". The group consists of different talented artiste such as , Tekno, Selebobo,Emma nyra Lots of hits were released from the the label notably from tekno which consists of "YAWA" and "only one".

4.G Worldwide.
G-Worldwide Entertainment is a record label founded by Festus Ehimare, also known as Emperor Geezy; the record label signed Kiss Daniel as its first recording/performing artist in 2013 and then signed another raggae and RnB artiste Sugarboy in 2015 bothe went on to release hit singles.This year was in no doubt a very good year for the label despite kiss-daniel having left the label due to certain issues.But before then he released nice singles which received massive airplay nation wide such as "yeba" and "Kilamity"

3.Mavin Records
Mavin is a Nigerian owned record label owned by record producer Don Jazzy. The label came to existence following the closure of Mo’ hits records which was also owned by don jazzy and D’banj. The label consists of recording artists such as Tiwa Savage, Dr SID, D'Prince, Di'Ja, Reekado Banks and Korede Bello.
This year has actually been a great year for the label,with their artistes releasing several hit singles ranging from tiwa savage "all over","malo" to reekado bangs "easy jeje",each of the singles was a hit.Indeed,it was really a great year for Mavin records

2.YBNL
YBNL is the second studio album by Nigerian hip hop recording rap artist Olamide. The record label is fast becoming the most populous and widely accepted Record label. The Label boasts of so many talented people which include musicians, Dj’s and Producers like Lil Kesh, Viktoh, Zino, Adekunle Gold, BBanks, Young John, Pheelz and Dj Enimoney. This year has no doubt been their year they have also had hit singles like Olamide "wo" which was the most searched song on oogle this year,followed by lil kesh "no fake love" which received massive air play through out this year.

1.HKN/Davido Music Worldwide Ltd-Is A record label co-founded by Nigerian Musician Davido The label consists of B-Red, Sina Rambo, Davido, Danagog, Mayorkun, King Special,DeeKay,Mayorkun and Dremo.More than half of the artistes had a major impact in the nigerian music industry this year ranging from davido's "IF,FALL" and recently FIA which has been a major hit this last month it was released, down to B-Red who had a fantastic year with his singles ''fall for you' which had almost 1 million views in its first week .Other songs released by artistes from the label includes mayorkun"MAMA"

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/entertainment/top-5-record-labels-impacts-nigeria-music

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by acupikin: 8:04am On Dec 20, 2017
cc:lalasticlala
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Nonnyflex(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2017
If our top record label can pay people with cool voice 30k what of me with frog voice

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by vickydevoka(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2017
What abut starboyz

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by CaptainG00D: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2017
Rubbish biased list..
Marvins should be number 1 and number 2 and 3...Then tripple MG and maybe one other.

Wetin YBNL dey do for that List how many top notch musicians has it produced?
I kno u will be quick to mention Lil kesh the noise maker... mtcheweew!!.

Gworld entertainmaent donsnt deserve to be there at all... i started hearing it after kiss daniel and no1 else notable.

Nigerians and biaseness shaa.
thats why we kee dwindling even as a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by tstx(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2017
Those are the only record labels in Nigeria.. others are learning....

In the newly released top 20 hottest Naija songs 2017 by MTVBase, virtually all the artists that made the list belonged to the record labels above..

Top 20 hottest Naija songs 2017 by MTVBase
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Ejomax77(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2017
G Worldwide is bout to lose relevance.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by jerflakes(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2017
The list is not in order of impact

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Osucoward: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2017
kiss
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Johnnyoungster(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
[size=10pt][/size]YBNL NATION
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by pawesome(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
And then what?
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Olawalesadiq(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
this post weak me. na lie.. where Starboy record dy.. what you are trying to say is that starboy no make impact... please take this post back to where you are coming from.

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by juwonloo(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
Big Brothers and sisters in the house, miss the nairaland Christmas give-away,
anyone who wish to bless a fellow guy in this Christmas with a phone which he/she is no more using again, please I need one I crash on my phone since last August, since then i don't have one, I just secure a hotel job in surulere, I use friends phone to long in here 07016421652, may the Lord continue blessing you AMEN
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by afroniger: 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
What of kcee and e-money 5-star label?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by vani86: 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
which record label is Airforce1 signed to?

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by cutetopsey(f): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2017
Thumb up
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by passyhansome(m): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2017
GOOD
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by muller101(m): 11:04am On Dec 20, 2017
Not complete. Where is Airforce1
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Johnnyoungster(m): 11:04am On Dec 20, 2017
YBNL NATION
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by BluntBoy(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2017
By next year, I must go into music.

And drop a single.

It is not too late to blow, amen.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by princeemmma(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2017
CaptainG00D:
Rubbuh biased list..
Marvins should be number 1 and number 2 and 3.
TheN tripple MG and maybe one other.

Wetin YBNL dey do for that List how may to notch musicians has it produced?
I no will be quick yo mention Lil kesh the noise maker... mtcheweew!!.

Gworld entertainmaent donsnt deserve to be there at all... i started hearing it after kiss daniel and no1 else notable.

Nigerians and biased journalism shaa.
guy no be fight oo, just release your own list and it will be accepted

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Elfaris(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2017
In oda news... Have you read 'The Journey'? It's the story of a guys journey to Europe but which lands him in Syria. Read 'The Journey' here: http://typicalstori..co.ke/2017/11/the-journey-episode1.html?m=1
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2017
When Mavins supposed to be on Number 1,you kon put HKN

jez kwantinue

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by mrsuccessful(m): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2017
LUBISHHHHHH
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by NLbully(m): 11:19am On Dec 20, 2017
CaptainG00D:
Rubbuh biased list..

I was okay with your post until I saw the last 3 lines and I gave up on your issue

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by papijulah: 11:20am On Dec 20, 2017
CaptainG00D:
Rubbuh biased list..

All these epistle for likes?? Your sense is senseless....ijiot!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by DSoj(m): 11:22am On Dec 20, 2017
Load of BullShiit.
What is YBNL? Na by noise? Lil kesh and Dekunle Gold are not on YBNL.
Aside Olamide himself, nothing in YBNL

Aside Tekno, nothing in MMMG.

Stop writing shiit

Nigeria has no real record label.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jaa - Mannat Singh & Dakssh Ajit Singh - Latest Punjabi Songs / P-square's "No One Like You" Lyrics / D’banj “king Don Come” Album Grabs The #1 Spot On Itunes [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.