Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH (7865 Views)

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by nwadinky(m): 1:24am On Dec 21, 2017
To eradicate HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, students of secondary schools must be taught about the need to abstain from pre-marital sex through sex education or Family Life and HIV/AIDS Education, FLHE.
The Society for Family Health, SFH, said this on Tuesday in Abuja at the presentation of a report on the impact of combating HIV/AIDS in the education sector in Nigeria.
The report of the Impact Evaluation of Family Life HIV/AIDS Education was presented by the Federal Ministry of Education in collaboration with SFH.
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, who was represented at the event by the Director of Education Support Services, Justina Ibe, said the initiative was borne out of the need to equip in-school youth to abstain from pre-marital sex.
He said that the dissemination of the draft report was a scientific declaration that used the curricular and co-curricular strategies to communicate sexuality information to adolescents by the educational sector.
According to him, the exercise was delayed after the exit of the Global Fund Round 9 Phase 2 interventions on HIV/AIDS in schools.
“The exercise is a holistic effort to move the country forward and create a better HIV-free society for young people,” the minister said.

Read also: man-breaks-penis-during-vigorous-sex

“I implore that as partners, we should all contribute our quota for the success of the exercise.’’
The Managing Director of SFH, Bright Ekweremadu, said the implementation of FLHE in upper and lower secondary schools was paramount to the eradication of the scourge in Nigeria.
Mr. Ekweremadu lamented that the impact of FLHE on young persons was beclouded by the lack of empirical evidence of the efficiency and effectiveness of the approach at reaching young persons within schools.
He said students and young adolescents between the ages of 12 and 19 years account for 54 million of the Nigerian population, hence the need to educate them on the dangers of the epidemic.
“The Global Fund Round 9 Phase 2 HIV grant in Nigeria (January 2013 and June 2015) conducted a quasi-experimental study to evaluate the impact of the FLHE programme among in-school students in Nigeria. The overall objective of the impact evaluation study was to identify proven intervention approaches to promoting sexual and reproductive health of in-school youths for better programming among them,” he said.
Mr. Ekweremadu said the evaluation compared the knowledge in selected indicators of persons who had been exposed to the intervention with those of equivalent persons who had not been exposed.
He said that lack of funding of the initiative brought about the development of a road map to further embellish and sustain the programme into the school system.

Read also: 7-surprising-health-benefits-of-honey

“Unfortunately, this is yet to be implemented by the country, leaving a huge gap which is capable of eroding the gains made over the years. If Nigeria would curb the spread of new HIV infections, reduce teenage pregnancies to change the trajectory of the AIDS epidemic, we cannot ignore the continuation of the implementation of the programme,” he said.
“FLHE programme is a veritable strategy in the fight against HIV and other reproductive challenges facing young adolescents in the country,” he concluded.

Don't forget to drop your comments, an also share this post to your friends and enemy.

sources: http://www.popnews.com.ng/2017/12/why-sex-education-should-be-taught-in.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by MrHistorian: 7:30am On Dec 21, 2017
So. . . . What the hell is the Ministry of Education still waiting for!?

3 Likes

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by Talk2Bella(f): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
Nice write-up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by ceezarhh(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
that's a good move...but they should make sure perverts are not made to teach such subjects, else we'll hear of "sex education practicals" one day...

14 Likes

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by Touchey: 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
Copy and paste
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by UbanmeUdie: 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
shocked

Catching them young is a very reliable approach.

Most students in secondary school are already professional BJ givers and experts in doggy style.

Nkechi, Bose, Chinyere, Osatohamen and Munirat all proved that to be true in my secondary school days.

In my own opinion, sex education in primary schools is a better start point.

You can't bend a dried fish, na break e go break!

6 Likes

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by lailo: 7:33am On Dec 21, 2017
even d students will educate u on sex.Children dat haf spoilt finish......lollll

3 Likes

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by benedictnsi(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2017
Dem go soon come give reasons why it needs practicals soon
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by emmanuelrabb(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2017
I agree

Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by Onyinye15(f): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2017

To eradicate HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, students of secondary schools must be taught about the need to abstain from pre-marital sex through sex education or Family Life and HIV/AIDS Education, FLHE
[i][/i]

Teach who exactly? shocked

Children wey Don sabi nack right from their mothers womb sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by HumbleGee(f): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2017
An average jss3 student already knows about sex without being taught in the school..sex education is something parents should teach their children..unfortunately most parents are either to busy or dont have the courage to bring up the matter

2 Likes

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by Financialfree: 7:34am On Dec 21, 2017
Its already being taught except u are talking of sharia secondary schools
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by victoroscar(m): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2017
nice development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by anonimi: 7:37am On Dec 21, 2017
Are we even teaching our own history in schools

3 Likes

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by omojeesu(m): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2017
Depends on content taught.

It is good to have knowledge about human reproduction, how to prevent conception and what to do when pregnant. But not to promote abstinence for the young, man-woman marriage and faithfulness in such marital norm will be anti-God and anti-humanity.
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by ibietela2(m): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2017
What is their problem with pre-marital sex? instead of educating the kids on how to use protection or preach both using protection and pre-marital sex.

what kinda of country is this filled with hypocrites?

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by omojeesu(m): 7:42am On Dec 21, 2017
HumbleGee:
An average jss3 student already knows about sex without being taught in the school..sex education is something parents should teach their children..unfortunately most parents are either to busy or dont have the courage to bring up the matter

Actually many parents also lack reproductive health knowledge. They need to seek the knowledge too or go for training too.
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by skentelelady(f): 7:42am On Dec 21, 2017
Secondary school you said? shocked When secondary school students can even lecture you on see education

It has started from primary school. My little child in grade 2 knows what her private parts ( V, P, boobs, butt, thigh, lips etc) are already. She knows private parts should not be touched by opposite se.x. She knows each part by their real names and not the coded names given to them

Grade 2 pupils are already writing I love you letters, passing it to one another in class.

Sex education should be introduced into primary or basic school curriculum because those kids are learning fast with internet and phones

God will help this generations

Check my signature for free trips and how to earn free bit coin

2 Likes

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by YINKS89(m): 7:42am On Dec 21, 2017
Ppl go turn am to anoda fin.
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by Anulux(f): 7:43am On Dec 21, 2017
PLEASE VOTE FOR ME Campus star award nominated
*MOST INTELLIGENT *
**ANUOLUWAPO **DOCTOR*

Click on the link below to vote ��
http://africanbing.com/campus-star-award-magazine-oou-ibogun-campus/

Thanks.God bless u
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by gratiaeo(m): 7:43am On Dec 21, 2017
Muslim will disagree with you
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by wildchild02: 7:46am On Dec 21, 2017
Very very important

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION... X'mas Promo is on
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by HumbleGee(f): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2017
omojeesu:

Actually many parents also lack reproductive health knowledge. They need to seek the knowledge too or go for training too.
True bro
only children production is known to them
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by chiwapz: 7:50am On Dec 21, 2017
Mtcheew
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by omojeesu(m): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2017
ibietela2:
What is their problem with pre-marital sex? instead of educating the kids on how to use protection or preach both using protection and pre-marital sex.

what kinda of country is this filled with hypocrites?

The problem with pre-marital sex: sin against God, humanity and self.

Whether or not you believe in the God who created sex to be engaged in as adults in love and life commitment. Whether or not this truth is a present reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by holluphemydavid(m): 7:59am On Dec 21, 2017
i will come and read dis post later
BTW my 2018 revolution is to delete my nairaland account its full of religion sentiment.....for example Muslims are allow to comments freely on Christians post while if any Christians want to comment on any islam threads,stupid conditions will be giving dat one shud declare if he or she is a Muslims......rubbish,good riddance
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by 2lateBiafra: 8:04am On Dec 21, 2017
Noting wey nowadays PICKIN NEVER KNOW WALAI
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 21, 2017
Kids nowadays know all about sex
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by ibietela2(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2017
omojeesu:

The problem with pre-marital sex: sin against God, humanity and self.

Whether or not you believe in the God who created sex to be engaged in as adults in love and life commitment. Whether or not this truth is a present reality.

I see
Re: Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH by gift2mfa(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2017
Touchey:
Copy and paste
Over sabi didn't you see source there? Just read the thing jare if not interested leave you really don't have to discourage this guy Nice write up am glad you shared it for me I believe our schools need to teach about sex education it will help reduce a lot of chaos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Donates To 7 Schools In Ibadan / Why We Introduced Chinese Language In Lagos Schools - Fashola / Project Topics And Materials In Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.