Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. (13699 Views)

Free And Compulsory Education Should Not Be Abolished In Our Country / Why The Federal College Of Education Should Be Situated At Ikirun Town - Osun / Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Sadiqali24(m): 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
Since there is faculty of education in the university, and for the fact that an NCE holder will still have to spend another three years in the university to obtain a degree in education, I think its high time the Nigerian government scrapped COE. whose with me on this?

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
Smiles
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Larryslim(m): 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2019
Maybe.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by IbrahimSkiba(f): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
tongue

That's your wahala

6 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by osemoses1234(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hh
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by PhenomenalAustin: 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Make them kuku scrap school

Las Las school na scam!

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by castrol180(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Grade 2 scrapped, now you want them to scrap NCE abi?

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Sannisege: 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
According to the OP, since there are faculty of Engineering in Universities, then technical colleges should be scrapped. Myopic thinking

76 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by computerglobal(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
IbrahimSkiba:
tongue

That's your wahala

cheesy

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
I support this, colleges of education became worthless ever since university started awarding Bachelor's of Education.

6 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Well, most of them are already working in collaboration with universities to run degree programmes. Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education is a typical example, they run degree programs in collabo with Ekiti State University.

The error is in education planning in Nigeria. OND and HND combined takes just 2 years in the UK, in Nigeria, it's 5 years plus NYSC making 6 years. After graduation, discrimination everywhere.

Left to me, I'd say OND and HND combined should not be more than 3 years, while NCE should not be more than 2 years. That way, people will still find it easy to utilize their lives well and not waste their youth on tertiary education till they're 40 years.

The ministry of education is filled with clueless and unexposed individuals. Our education sector needs serious reforms.

They could be upgraded to award degrees, but to scrap them would be a collosal waste.

My advice for any young person is to "ja pa" when you hear NCE or HND. The discrimination is wicked.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by olaitanolatunji(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Never
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by PRINCEVICKEY: 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
U R ACTUALLY RIGHT ........IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE ATAL ..

2 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by AllenSpencer: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
I dont buy the idea of it being scrapped.

Most of this colleges have great land mass that could be converted to cattle ranches to solve the dispute between Farmers and Herdsmen

Infrastructures could be used as ranch settlement and Animal husbandry training center.

15 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by asawanathegreat(m): 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Am coming let me consult minister of education

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by yemi2019: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
COE are just not living up to what they were established for. Why have same courses in University, polytechnic and same again in COE??
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Adagunduro: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
They should be equipped to operate under a university as a college & award degrees. Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Realist5: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Clean any trace of it join am sef
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by santorz(m): 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Is a good opinion, hope the FG reason this as well.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by PhenomenalAustin: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Most of this colleges have great land mass that could be converted to cattle ranches to solve the dispute between Farmers and Herdsmen

Infrastructures could be used as ranch settlement and Animal husbandry training center.

Because we dy livestock country abi

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by edicied: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
All this once booking space nawa o
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Kendumazy(m): 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ok
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by aderilb: 5:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
lol tell the right channel :Dlol tell the right channel
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Bros! Is everything ok?
Sannisege:
According to the OP, since there are faculty of Engineering in Universities, then technical colleges should be scrapped. Myopic thinking
Can a Nigerian give an opinion without beige rude? Why don't you counter his argument if you don't buy his idea?

7 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Mrkumareze(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Are you confused

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by TeeBabss(m): 5:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
It shouldn't.
Many teachers graduated from College of Education, and this is the minimum requirement to take a professional teaching job in Nigeria.

Also they employ a lot of 'new guys' who want to lecture in unis later in future.
In short, u can gain lecturing experience from College of Edus, or be managing and still running your masters
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Biingoo: 5:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
Before una scrap am make una wait small make my smallie graduate. Make my money no waste biko

3 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Smartwave: 5:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
Shame, you know nothing about education. Not your fault, the Nation is failed already. The absent of Grade II alone is still causing great problem. Now, indomine generation want NCE closed. Is it about the year spent? So BEd. Holders now fit to handle elementary level

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by RexTramadol1: 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
Scrap ke

Do u know the criteria for entering university

COE is just like a succor to aver.......

Yeeeh! Who slap me?

3 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by docmoses(m): 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
This country should be scrapped

4 Likes

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by emmaattack: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
Who will follow you go where. Go alone joor...
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by oyejideogunjumo: 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
Realist5:
Clean any trace of it join am sef
College of Education is like Israelites journey. The one year difference between it and a degree may take five years to bridge up.
Besides that,the entry year in the civil service will take three year. NCE starts with level 07 and if it's holder doesn't bridge up,it terminates at 14 but degree starts 8 and gets to the last,17.
Also, people often believe holders of NCE are academically lower than those with degree straight.
However due to the gridlock in admission,we need it as a stepping stone.
Also NCE holders are better teachers in classroom

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Save Oyo State Public Schools / Are You Smart!! Ok, Who Threw The Baby?? / No Light: UNN Medical Students Embark On A Peaceful Protest (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.