Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) (57465 Views)

Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) / New Kano Almajiri Boarding Schools (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Pencils Used In American Schools (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Znation(m): 2:11pm On May 03, 2022
If you went to your primary and secondary school here in Nigeria, then i'm sure you might have went through alot.

Six years going through primary and another six years in secondary wasn't an easy journey at all.

In my own time, we were treated like slaves; they turned us to farmers. We used to work in our teachers farm every thursday, and labour in school compound every friday. As if that is not enough, we also payed for labour fees even though we are the labourers.

I only enjoyed my secondary school during my ss3. Then, i was the S.P during my time and i was respected by everybody including my teachers.

It pains me that even in this present days, our children are still been abuse in school. They flogged us like they don't care, and they want us to know book.

I went to private school, but i'm very much sure that it is more difficult in the private sector than the goverment schools.

The goverment should do something about the way our children are been treated in school.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Znation(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2022
More...

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Znation(m): 2:15pm On May 03, 2022
Well down naija.

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Ladymogana(f): 2:19pm On May 03, 2022
Na today you know say naija na bush. If i wasn't strong, my chemistry teacher would have killed me with cane because i don't know to name of H20..

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Thestormisover: 2:24pm On May 03, 2022
I just pray the day i will jamm my physics teacher for road. I go let am know say - both ohm's and hook's where not my brother, neither newton.

341 Likes 24 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by illicit(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2022
I do avoid cutting grass

It blisters my palm

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Romeomustdie: 2:29pm On May 03, 2022
Them use us well well. I always comes late to school, and i was just their everyday scapegoat. Waiting pay me pass na say them no give me post for ss3.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Radionigeria: 2:37pm On May 03, 2022
I don't want to remember my secondary school days abeg. It was like hell on earth. My father was always coming to school to fight my teachers and senior. I hope our schools are doing better now in arear of abuse.
@op, are u still at large?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Giftlove11(f): 2:43pm On May 03, 2022
I don't see anything wrong with the student kneeling down, but why are thy carrying block on their head, Are they thieves?
let stop to abusing of children in nigeria.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Notyourtype: 2:52pm On May 03, 2022
I'm a teacher.. That's how we add sense to their brain. If you don't punish them, they won't grow a single sense.

170 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Notyourtype: 2:53pm On May 03, 2022
Ladymogana:
Na today you know say naija na bush. If i wasn't strong, my chemistry teacher would have killed me with cane because i don't know to name of H20..
lazy student.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Notyourtype: 2:55pm On May 03, 2022
Thestormisover:
I just pray the day i will jamm my physics teacher for road. I go let am know say - both ohm's and hook's where not my brother, neither newton.
grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Jackandrose: 2:58pm On May 03, 2022
That number 1 pics. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Jackandrose: 3:02pm On May 03, 2022
Our student dey suffer sha. Nairaland teachers, you people should be calming down oh! grin

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 03, 2022
My knees almost rotten then due to crawling punishment my chemistry teacher then gave us...cos we got below 5 if u c my knees en,water was just coming out and flies were traling me...almost all the girls in my class were injured then,but nevertheless it helped to shapen some of our mistakes.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Abc125: 3:37pm On May 03, 2022
MY HAND OH!!! Chaii. Rich men boys would not understand this pictures. I'm not sure lalasticlala experience any of this. grin grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Abc125: 3:39pm On May 03, 2022
Giftlove11:
I don't see anything wrong with the student kneeling down, but why are thy carrying block on their head,
you are not in finland dear, it's nigeria cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Abc125: 3:41pm On May 03, 2022
Chosen44:
My knees almost rotten then due to crawling punishment my chemistry teacher then gave us...cos we got below 5 if u c my knees en,water was just coming out and flies were traling me...almost all the girls in my class were injured then,but nevertheless it helped to shapen some of our mistakes.
are they suppose to be even flogging us going to school, enough of all this shitt jor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Abc125: 3:42pm On May 03, 2022
Jackandrose:
That number 1 pics. cheesy
The boy own done finish oh

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by beautyhd: 5:03pm On May 03, 2022
That’s the beauty of government secondary schools.

Some of my siblings that went to private secondary schools, they don’t relate when we talk about some things.

Being a school prefect, keeps one on almost the same level as teachers, something they can’t relate to.

The inter house sports where different schools are invited because the school compound is large enough to contain as many as 20 competitors from 20 schools.

Most private schools have little space for PE.

Some teachers can be mean sha in government secondary schools.
All my agric teachers were crazy and handy with the cane.
My physics teacher was a psycho, loving today and a beast tomorrow.

In all, I enjoyed my secondary school days.

I was a quiet and brilliant student and was rarely flogged by teachers, I received my flogging from mostly prefects.

21 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 5:22pm On May 03, 2022
If this punishment weren't given to us back then, a lot of us for spoil finish.

Now compare our time with now that teachers are scared to flog students and see the gap in been responsible.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by SUPERPACK: 5:27pm On May 03, 2022
Blame the government not the teachers. What do you expect when a lecturer is paid ×6 of the salary of an average primary/secondary school teacher and yet they secondary teachers does the harder job. As long as this teachers slavery continues never expect a change.

2 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Balerion: 6:59pm On May 03, 2022
The practice has been banned in all public schools in ogun state

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Uniquetani1(f): 7:06pm On May 03, 2022
I didn't experience any of this shocked

1 Like

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 03, 2022
Abc125:
are they suppose to be even flogging us going to school, enough of all this shitt jor
Lol...right now i work as a teacher in a private school and guess what this kids only behave when they c cane,some dey form big boys and girls and you don't want 2 know how disrespectful some of dem sound. 2much beating of kids is bad 4 their mental health it makes them act stubborn and foolish at times knowing this i don't beat much 2. Thanks

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by merits(m): 7:35pm On May 03, 2022
Znation:
If you went to your primary and secondary school here in Nigeria, then i'm sure you might have went through alot.

Six years going through primary and another six years in secondary wasn't an easy journey at all.

In my own time, we were treated like slaves; they turned us to farmers. We used to work in our teachers farm every thursday, and labour in school compound every friday. As if that is not enough, we also payed for labour fees even though we are the labourers.

I only enjoyed my secondary school during my ss3. Then, i was the S.P during my time and i was respected by everybody including my teachers.

It pains me that even in this present days, our children are still been abuse in school. They flogged us like they don't care, and they want us to know book.

I went to private school, but i'm very much sure that it is more difficult in the private sector than the goverment schools.

The goverment should do something about the way our children are been treated in school.
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by shaggy007(m): 7:35pm On May 03, 2022
Thestormisover:

grin

grin

I swear, I don forget OHMS and hooks law

4 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Proudlycanadian: 7:36pm On May 03, 2022
As part Nigerian, this is the best way to train a child

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by DropsMic(m): 7:36pm On May 03, 2022
The black man go hit a small child repeatedly with a whip like a cow and call it discipline... Sometimes I wonder if we are normal at all

4 Likes

Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by graphics107: 7:36pm On May 03, 2022
grin
Very strange memories
Re: How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) by Dorwadora(f): 7:37pm On May 03, 2022
Lol.... This thread reminds me of iganmode grammar school. Even with their prestige of producing great students, their way of discipline was wack.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened / NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes / Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.