Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Tricycle Rider Slumps, Dies During Fight Over Newspaper - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tricycle Rider Slumps, Dies During Fight Over Newspaper (493 Views)

Bala Abdulrahman, Tricycle Rider Returns ₦330k Found On The Road In Kano (PHoto) / Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos / First Wife Kills Husband In Adamawa During Fight With Second Wife (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

Tricycle Rider Slumps, Dies During Fight Over Newspaper by Babatundepet: 6:59am On Dec 21, 2017
Site: Exclusivepp.com.ng

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/tricycle-rider-slumps-dies-fight-newspaper/

A tricycle rider, Chidiebere Okafor, is being detained at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Lagos, for the death of his colleague, Frank Onah, in the Ifako Gbagada area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Okafor pushed Onah during a disagreement over a sports newspaper on Tuesday on Yetunde Brown Street.

The Enugu State indigene was said to have slumped and was rushed to the General Hospital, Gbagada, where he was confirmed dead.

When our correspondent visited the community on Wednesday, the victim’s friends declined comment.

One of them, who eventually spoke, pleaded that he should not be identified.

He said, “We cannot explain it. Chidi (Okafor) had left a sports newspaper in a friend’s tricycle. Frank (Onah) took it to read.

“Some minutes later, the owner of the paper started looking for it and he sighted Frank reading the paper and challenged him.

“Chidi became angry when Frank refused to release the newspaper to him and they started arguing.

“Frank attacked Chidi with fist blows and Chidi pushed him. He slumped and died.”

Another tricycle operator, who also did not identify himself, said the victim had refused to release the newspaper because he thought it belonged to someone else.

“People had separated them and they were going their separate ways when Frank slumped and died,” he added.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the late Onah was married with two children.

His family members were said to be residing in their hometown in Nsukka, Enugu State.

A resident told our correspondent that he took the corpse to the mortuary.

“If I didn’t do it, the body might have been left to decompose, because everybody just abandoned him,” he added.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, said the suspect had been taken into custody.

He said, “It is a case of suspected murder involving two tricycle riders who had an argument over a newspaper. During the fight that ensued, one of them, Chidiebere Okafor, pushed his colleague, Frank Onah, and the victim died in the process. This was around 2pm on Tuesday.

“Our detectives have visited and photographed the scene. The corpse has also been deposited in a morgue for autopsy.”

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/tricycle-rider-slumps-dies-fight-newspaper/

Re: Tricycle Rider Slumps, Dies During Fight Over Newspaper by Financialfree: 7:01am On Dec 21, 2017
RIp
Too late for me to be late in 2017
2018 here I come
Re: Tricycle Rider Slumps, Dies During Fight Over Newspaper by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 21, 2017
Police sef...where murder enter this case now?

2018... Na me get una

Re: Tricycle Rider Slumps, Dies During Fight Over Newspaper by NwaChibuzor13: 7:06am On Dec 21, 2017
You know your heart is not strong still you still go argue fight for newspaper spot. Now see as he just die like chicken.

Re: Tricycle Rider Slumps, Dies During Fight Over Newspaper by cricifixo: 7:12am On Dec 21, 2017
We all have to be careful in dis life. Just d other day i was stoped by traffic light on my way back from work, out of no where a man i percieve to be drunk ran into my car and slumped, i was so shocked but to d glory of God he was later revived by people around dat area

Mambilla Committed Ethnic Cleansing In Taraba, Says Fulani Community & Military / Lady Proposed To Her Boyfriend At The Mall And He Rejected It( VIDEO) / Young Nigeria Man Based In UK Stabbed To Death In The Street. —Dolly Yo Blog