Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos (36779 Views)

Bala Abdulrahman, Tricycle Rider Returns ₦330k Found On The Road In Kano (PHoto) / Edo: Dead Body Of A Pregnant Woman Found Beside A Football Pitch / Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by SandraJane: 6:44am On Feb 02, 2021
A widow, Nike Adekola, is yet to recover from the shock of losing her husband, Suleman, who reportedly committed suicide by drinking a local insecticide in the Ikotun area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Suleman, a tricycle operator, rode his tricycle to a football pitch on Abaranje Road in Ikotun, where he allegedly consumed the substance.

A few minutes after drinking the chemical, the 45-year-old was said to have died in his tricycle.

Passersby, including residents, were said to have raised the alarm after seeing Suleman motionless in his vehicle.

His friend, Mutiu Olayiwola, who spoke to PUNCH Metro, said people alerted the police after the corpse was found.

He said, “We have been friends for over 28 years. I was at home when I received a call from his colleagues that he had committed suicide. How his colleagues got to know was that when people saw his body inside his tricycle parked on the football pitch, they went to the tricycle operators’ park to inform them that one of their colleagues had died.

“His colleagues rushed to the football pitch, saw his corpse in his tricycle and also confirmed that he was attached to their park.

“It is surprising that he committed suicide. He never complained that he was going through any challenges. In fact, one of our brothers saw him around 5pm on that day and they had a brief chat; he never complained of anything and that is why we are surprised.”

The deceased’s wife, Nike, while lamenting the circumstances surrounding the death, said her two children had stopped schooling due to the incident.

She said, “Everything is still confusing to me. I saw his dead body. I also saw the bottle of the insecticide he consumed. He drank half of the content of the bottle, covered the remaining and dropped it. I don’t know why he took his life.

“We have two children who have stopped schooling after he died; people who have been paying us condolence visits are the ones giving us money to feed. We want Nigerians to come to our aid.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi, said no mark of violence was found on the corpse.

Adejobi said, “On January 18, 2021, around 11.31pm, one Abdullahi Ajayi, came to the station and reported that he received a call that one Suleman Adekola, 45, committed suicide by taking an insecticide while sitting in a tricycle near a football field along Abaranje Road in Ikotun. We visited the scene of the incident and observed no mark of violence on his body. Investigation is in progress.”
https://punchng.com/tricycle-rider-commits-suicide-on-lagos-football-pitch/

2 Shares

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 02, 2021
I'll say this...if una like make una crucify me. If a married man commits suicide the wife should be held responsible and sentenced to death. I said what I said come and beat me.

You don vex finish? Now let me explain... The first point of contact for the deceased na the spouse. For goodness sake these women don't even give a fvuck. Once them dey husband house dem don achieve be that. Communication zero. Every burden on the man. Not financially now. I mean emotionally. Yes I've been there and its bullshit. You go dey with woman for house wey the only thing una go talk all day na good morning, goodnight,food is ready. That's all. Nothing again. Sometimes a man will be going through so many things but to talk to person no dey not even him wife. Them go dey form Arnold Schwarzenegger. No matter Wetin dey bother the man if he see person talk no he no go kill himself. No matter what.
I said what I said

282 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by illicit(m): 6:48am On Feb 02, 2021
Depression no dey show for face....

20 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by bazzyblings: 6:59am On Feb 02, 2021
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by fourboys: 6:59am On Feb 02, 2021
traitor
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Providence2020(m): 7:00am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I'll say this...if una like make una crucify me. If a married man commits suicide the wife should be held responsible and sentenced to death. I said what I said come and beat me.

You don vex finish? Now let me explain... The first point of contact for the deceased na the spouse. For goodness sake these women don't even give a fvuck. Once them dey husband house dem don achieve be that. Communication zero. Every burden on the man. Not financially now. I mean emotionally. Yes I've been there and its bullshit. You go dey with woman for house wey the only thing una go talk all day na good morning, goodnight,food is ready. That's all. Nothing again. Sometimes a man will be going through so many things but to talk to person no dey not even him wife. Them go dey form Arnold Schwarzenegger. No matter Wetin dey bother the man if he see person talk no he no go kill himself. No matter what.
I said what I said
Depression isn't as linear as you think it is. Most times when people commit suicide it's because of accumulated frustration from multiple angles making them feel that life has nothing Left to offer.

Many wives are evil incarnate and yet many more are still just wives. Somebody's personal decision to die should not be a reason to incarcerate or kill their spouses

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by judgementyard(m): 7:00am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said

You made valid points but let's be honest,I don't see any reason for one to take his or her life.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by eleojo23: 7:00am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said

Sorry about your marital troubles but you are only looking at this issue from one perspective.

There is something called depression and it doesn't just go away by 'talking to someone'. In fact, many depressed persons don't want to talk to anyone because they have lost interest in everything about life.

There are many depressed persons whose family memebers have tried their best to provide emotional support for yet they killed themselves in the end. So don't be quick to blame it on the wives or family memebers.

May we never reach a point where we cannot be helped.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by pickatyouu: 7:00am On Feb 02, 2021
I understand how hard and frustrating it is to provide for one and his family this days. It gets you emotional especially when demand cannot be repeatedly met no matter how small. Please I might not understand you problem, but I know taking your life is not the solution to the problem.

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Nkwobi042: 7:00am On Feb 02, 2021
Hmm
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by owolabi5: 7:01am On Feb 02, 2021
RIP

CarPapers.com.ng
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by PBeni(m): 7:01am On Feb 02, 2021
Sad one. I keep saying this, suicide is never the way.

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Jabar2017: 7:02am On Feb 02, 2021
Too bad,y d guy con take his lyf now...

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Lincoln275(m): 7:02am On Feb 02, 2021
Ah!! May Almighty continue to help us

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by PotatoSalad(m): 7:02am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said
Zukwaanuike ekwurekwu

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said

You are wrong Sir, some men are also the problem in their marriages. Communication is a two way thing, if your wife doesn't know, teach her to communicate, play, laugh, force yourself to create a lighter mood where your spouse can feel free to talk to you about anything and everything.

Some men are troublesome and abuse substances. Some men return home too late for any discussion, they stay out late drinking with friends daily. Some women are living in hello too. Dont just conclude that it's the wife's fault when you dont know the whole story.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by ignis: 7:03am On Feb 02, 2021
Nigga wanna rest from the huzzle and tuzzle of this world

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by bcomputer101: 7:03am On Feb 02, 2021
May God protect us from spirit of suicide in Jesus name.

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by PrinceOfLagos: 7:03am On Feb 02, 2021
His wife must have added to his frustration

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Shormiey(m): 7:03am On Feb 02, 2021
A terrible way to die.....oga oooo
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by GreaterFuture3: 7:03am On Feb 02, 2021
I feel like a total Failure too. Woke up this morning just thinking , thinking and thinking.
I am still in Huge debt going to over 3 yrs plus now, and not one Single Deal has clicked in months. I'm very very Depressed but I am trying very hard to hold it together and it has Seriously affected my health over the past year. If you see me offline you would have no idea at all, such is life.

20 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Abbeyme: 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
Sad
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Icyexpressions: 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
Why are people now saying he didn't complain about anything or gave them any hint that he was going to commit suicide.

Depression is not a good thing I swear, I part I don't start to see reason why it doesn't matter when, how and time I die.

I have been there, and it wasn't funny

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by AnonymousCEO(m): 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
*In slawormiir's voice* Dammnnn Niggarr Too Bad RIP tho
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by gambia(m): 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
It's well.
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by HelpYourself(m): 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
judgementyard:

You made valid points but let's be honest,I don't see any reason for one to take his or her life.

My friend it isn't about you

I am a counselor and I can tell you that what people are going through is something else

Some people you see everyday you assume all is good with them , it's all a camouflage some are battling depression

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by XshegzzyeeiX: 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by blue2tech: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2021
Suicide is NEVER the answer
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Nkwobi042: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said

So all the women wey their husbands abandoned with children,follow another woman run comot for house, make the wives begin go field go drink sniper?

You think say an only men dey get depression?
All the women dey Dey Road dey roast plantain, corn, yam, carry okpa,groundnut, pepper, etc up and down no dey cry inside because of suffer, poverty and neglect?
Some go suffer finish, only to come house come rest but the agbero wey she marry don drink ogogoro come house dey cause wahala.Many of you have mothers going through neglect and struggling under sad circumstances, but they won't commit suicide.They CHOOSE hope that they have got you over committing suicide knowing one day things might change for the better.
OO boy, pack well.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by uBuNiT: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2021
Sorry

2 Thieves Fall Asleep After Stealing Items From An Elderly Woman's House (Video) / 14-year-old Killed Herself After Being Bullied On Ask.fm / Man Arrested For Procuring Abortion For His Girlfriend In Lagos (Picture)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51