Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card (39926 Views)

Four Nigerians Arrested In Philippines For Hacking Bank’s System (Video) / Woman Arrested For Defrauding A Pastor Of N23 Million / Customer ‘hacks Bank’s System, Steals N23m” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by poseidon12: 12:23am On Dec 22, 2017
fratermathy:
Only in Nigeria! In saner climes, the hackers would be employed by the bank to help them monitor their network and protect it from other hackers.

Yeah right.
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by DONADAMS(m): 12:27am On Dec 22, 2017
Holyvurgin17:
wait why is nobody talking about the latest BADOO attack in ibeshe
when?? gimme link

1 Like

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by poseidon12: 12:48am On Dec 22, 2017
baddosky1:

But Jagaban who looted Lagos funds dry and OBJ who stole billions during his tenure as President are revered as Yoruba God fathers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4791203_20161030232445_jpegf31eae580c4d024ef2289dfd2918028e

Don't mind the comedian. You should also add
Senator Buruji Kashamu who is wanted in US to face drug charges and who has been fighting extradition to US. Yet this hypocrite saw him fit to be voted to the Nigerian Senate. Every year his people line up to collect goodies from him.
Of course we saw how Bode George was welcomed and celebrated by his people after he came out of prison.

1 Like

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by uvalued(m): 1:12am On Dec 22, 2017
This is the crux of the mata... See brain used for criminal things....imagine if used well

Adegbayi said after hacking the bank’s system, both men modified a naira ATM card so it could withdraw dollars , following which they withdrew $64,822.97 from the accounts.

9ja no throws the baby and the wata away...save the baby

1 Like

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by opribo(m): 1:46am On Dec 22, 2017
Control must be extremely loose in that bank for the guys to be able to break into two of their most critical servers.

First their core banking application to gain access to customer account, secord their card management system to modify a card to dispense dollars from the ATM.

Such banks are porous therefore unsafe to deposit ones hard earned money.
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by Clobis(m): 2:36am On Dec 22, 2017
ijustdey:

Customer ‘hacks bank’s system, steals N23m”

http://thenationonlineng.net/customer-hacks-banks-system-steals-n23m/
i only want to confirm the name of the hackers.

1 Like

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by Holyvurgin17(m): 3:40am On Dec 22, 2017
DONADAMS:
when?? gimme link

I think its not on the news yet cuz I searched google like 200 times yesterday, its not even on nairaland maybe because their corpse were founded late in the evening
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by Holyvurgin17(m): 3:41am On Dec 22, 2017
DONADAMS:
when?? gimme link

I think its not on the news yet cuz I searched google like 200 times yesterday, its not even on nairaland maybe because their corpse were founded late in the evening
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by mildflame: 5:28am On Dec 22, 2017
Ya I know say na dem OLUWOLE BOYS 4rm d SW

1 Like

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by otivere: 5:30am On Dec 22, 2017
This is what is wrong with Africa. Get out of court settlement with the guy and make him teach how he did it. Employed among ur IT staff.

1 Like

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by adecz: 6:14am On Dec 22, 2017
This is a better bizness than yahoo, yahoo. grin grin

Unity bank with their localness &
outdated systems Sef.... undecided

Anyway person fit cheat banks is allowed,
since they are always cheating us with dubious
deductions.
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by IkpuMmadu: 6:20am On Dec 22, 2017
These people again....wire wire people why is it that most fraud cases ,their name would be called ....it's more honorable selling gala than this

Even in UK the Same story

I haff tired for them
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by misterjosh(m): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2017
Just a quick question, do banks in Nigeria now load dollar denominations into their ATMs, or maybe it's just Unity Bank
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by danthamccoy(m): 6:59am On Dec 22, 2017
fratermathy:
Only in Nigeria! In saner climes, the hackers would be employed by the bank to help them monitor their network and protect it from other hackers.
Lol. Nonsense. In saner climes, they'd be arrested and rot in jail. You watch too many movies.

2 Likes

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by DONADAMS(m): 7:00am On Dec 22, 2017
Holyvurgin17:

wow...may God help us..I thought they had gone forever
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by Uhomanbulus110(f): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2017
Wow this is seriou
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by iyaegin: 7:33am On Dec 22, 2017
opribo:
Control must be extremely loose in that bank for the guys to be able to break into two of their most critical servers.

First their core banking application to gain access to customer account, secord their card management system to modify a card to dispense dollars from the ATM.

Such banks are porous therefore unsafe to deposit ones hard earned money.

MR Oga, please which bank loads Dollars on their ATM in Nigeria, something about the story does not quite add up..

1 Like

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by tonguengineer(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2017
Holyvurgin17:
wait why is nobody talking about the latest BADOO attack in ibeshe
Did those bastards strike in ibeshe again
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by Holyvurgin17(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2017
tonguengineer:

Did those bastards strike in ibeshe again

Yes they came again
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by muller101(m): 8:10am On Dec 22, 2017
fratermathy:
really?
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:33am On Dec 22, 2017
blood of Methuselah... abeg where will I find this hacker
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by InvestorProf(m): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2017
This people are funny o
So Nigerian ATM cards can withdraw dollars
And you mean to tell me that Nigerian ATM machine can dispense dollars?
YOUDONMINIT
Such mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by lilcozy001: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2017
Sex Tape: Woman arrested for having sex with her student in US-[watch video]

A South Carolina teacher and a wife of a Nigerian doctor, has been arrested and charged with the sexual battery of a child.

Jennifer Olajire-Aro, 27, was arrested on December 18. The Charleston Post and Courier reports that Olajire-Aro is a resident of John’s Island. It was the victim who told officials at Burke High School about the alleged abuse.

A school spokesman, Charles Francis, told the newspaper, “The incidents occurred off campus.” ABC Charleston reports that the alleged abuse between Olajire-Aro and the student lasted for “several months.”
Watch video here: http://correctmum.com.ng/blog/sex-tape-woman-arrested-sex-student-us-watch-video/

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by RaptorX: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2017
danthamccoy:

Lol. Nonsense. In saner climes, they'd be arrested and rot in jail. You watch too many movies.
Don't mind this people, hack a bank in the US and the FBI will be on you like white on rice and the only reward you will get is a long stretch in a Federal penitentiary.

2 Likes

Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by kaytolee(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2017
SCAM ALAT
OJEDELE KOLAWOLE 3065315157 first bank 07038956730 ABOVE ACCOUNT NUMBER AND PHONE NUMBER BELONG TO EBERE HE IS A SCAMMER CLAMING HE IS SELLING DATA,RECHARGE CARD....BEWARE OF HIM....RBC TO EVERYONE
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by 400billionman: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2017
Ebios:
Mmmm....so it is possible like that eeee

You mean. You spot a business opportunity ?
Re: Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card by opribo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
iyaegin:

MR Oga, please which bank loads Dollars on their ATM in Nigeria, something about the story does not quite add up..

So you dont know with Visa International card you can wthdraw from your dollar account andthe system will automatically apply the bank conversion rate and you know most ATMs have VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, accepted here on them.

Oga please go and research very well before you reply to my mention. I know what I am saying.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beggar Held With Rented Twins In Lagos (photo) / Police In Ibadan Arrests Groom, Family Members For Robbery At Wedding Engagement / Man Inserts Cocaine In Anus From Brazil, Arrested In Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.