Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production (26276 Views)

Cost And Returns Of Snail Farming In Nigeria / My Journey Into Plantain Farming - Challenges, Cost And Profit / Tips To Cut Cost Of Broiler And Catfish Feed By More Than 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by jericco1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2017
I'll definitely go into poultry. God na you I dey look up to abeg.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by Shaev7(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
lonelyisland:

. Guy I'm telling you.. This Christmas broiler cost price was 1500 at my hand but those market people were priceing the birds 1200. I nearly cried shaa.. But wetin man pikin go do..
for one fowl broilers? Hmmmm am selling one 4k, some here in my side sell 5k. Big one. me I know know which one b 1500 for chicken.... hmmmm precise they die a lot. Merry Christmas NLers.

1 Like

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by MissAprokoMedia(f): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
ariyebaba:

#350 @ black market here in Ilorin (maraba)

Lol una own worse.....I was shocked a man bought 500 litres in my front
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by lonelydora: 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
lawsbanks:

where

Port Harcourt
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by YelloweWest: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2017
Tmex:
Nice analysis, the difference between this speculation and the obtainable is the reality, farming is beyond all these. If government isn't serious about agriculture there's no way you can make a head way. I used to be like the OP, i learnt the hard way.
Please shed more light on your experience. I'd like to learn a thing or two.

Thanks.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by tunary(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
lonelyisland:

. Guy I'm telling you.. This Christmas broiler cost price was 1500 at my hand but those market people were priceing the birds 1200. I nearly cried shaa.. But wetin man pikin go do..
hahahahahahaha
no mind those customers pricing anyhow, you'll still make profit sha
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by kay29000(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
nuppyjay:
Op am not disputing the during festive periods u can sell 2kg broilers for 2000naira and above and dat depends on the area u , if u are producing round the year were u have middle men u come to buy in bulk and resell in d market your selling price will b between 1100-1500 naira and the depends on ur bargaining power, if u are into supply of frozen bird eateries and hotels u sell per kg dressed weight.a kg goes btw 700 & 800naira depending on who u are supplying and 2kg live weight broiler will give btw 1.3 or 1.4kg after dressing so do the math u end up selling a bird for 1600 maximum if u are into supplies do ur market survey well don't misinform an investor that wants to invest in broiler business my two cent though

God bless you for this comment. OP is making poultry business look so sweet and predictable.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by kay29000(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
lonelyisland:

Lol! I know that feeling. I was in a similar predicament last year Christmas, and the market woman was telling me, 'adiye ti po nita.' Translated to mean, chicken is now plenty outside. I wanted to cry like, so because chicken is plenty outside, I should sell mine below cost price. And this woman had been my customer for long o.

This OP better not mislead people to think chicken business is a bird of roses and predictable.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by kendraloops(f): 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
lonelyisland:

what's the weight of your birds? here, broilers are selling for 5k least price, some sell 6k5 sef. I took mine to the market and someone priced 4k, I no sell. my birds weigh between 5-7kg.

1 Like

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by kendraloops(f): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
nuppyjay:
Op am not disputing the during festive periods u can sell 2kg broilers for 2000naira and above and dat depends on the area u , if u are producing round the year were u have middle men u come to buy in bulk and resell in d market your selling price will b between 1100-1500 naira and the depends on ur bargaining power, if u are into supply of frozen bird eateries and hotels u sell per kg dressed weight.a kg goes btw 700 & 800naira depending on who u are supplying and 2kg live weight broiler will give btw 1.3 or 1.4kg after dressing so do the math u end up selling a bird for 1600 maximum if u are into supplies do ur market survey well don't misinform an investor that wants to invest in broiler business my two cent though

1 carton of lacasera for you sir. you just said it all. it's very romantic on paper, but practical na die.

OP, cost of feeding tray and drinking trough nko?
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by horlakunle25(m): 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
donnaD:
hmmmm is it by force to chop chiken??
dis ur signature make me remember dance of shame drama series dat time for Galaxy tv!!

1 Like

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by donnaD(f): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
horlakunle25:
dis ur signature make me remember dance of shame drama series dat time for Galaxy tv!!
yea that is it.U no be indomie generation lol.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by Dafreeguy(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
donnaD:
another ancient of days discovered

1 Like

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by donnaD(f): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
Dafreeguy:
another ancient of days discovered
lol bia nwokem have u turned to monitoring spirit? ?
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by Dafreeguy(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
donnaD:
lol bia nwokem have u turned to monitoring spirit? ?
lol..I know my people!

1 Like

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by Nuzo1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
I hate to discourage people who intend to go into poultry business. But the truth is that Nigeria does not have the conducive environment for that right now.

Like somebody already said, if you don't have a cold room, better find another business to invest in. Except you are selling to people in lekki/ Asokoro, and in that case, your profits will be spent on transportation and accommodation for the birds.

And if you have a cold room, be sure to spend most part of your profits on diesel for chilling the cold room.

No country can be food sufficient without electricity. It is used for irrigation, processing and preservation. Most Nigerian Farmers cannot afford these processes. And when they use crude and energy sapping method to get a bumper harvest, they end up incuring loss at this juncture as they have no option than to dispose their huge farm produce just few days after harvest and at very ridiculous price.

Let's not even talk about the exorbitant price of feeds.
They make it all sound like Eldorado on paper.

4 Likes

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by donnaD(f): 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
Dafreeguy:

lol..I know my people!
lol nawti u.

1 Like

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by upsyLi(m): 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
maxipharo:

Cost and returns of broiler production is often a critical factor to be considered once there is a concept to invest in broiler production cost and returns of broiler production in Nigeria is important so as to evaluate the viability of investment in broiler production for “return of investment cost” and profit, which however could be foreseeably determined based on certain regulating principles of broiler production Generally the regulating principles of broiler production, accounts for the optimistic and pessimistic views and approach towards the cost and returns estimation of broiler production so as to provide a clear and accurate situation for the expectation of investment in broiler production. However, the projection of the costs and returns of broiler production in Nigeria can be practically be unactualized, actualized even more so surprising, depending on the management of the broiler as with every other livestock. These principles are vital to provide a bankable business plan for an investor for broiler production.
Principles and important guides for cost and returns of broiler
1. Type of House – deep litter with open sides for cross ventilation
2. Production plan – all-in- all- out
3. Feeding system – Ad libitum
4. Litter type – wood shavings of appropriate type and quality
5. Stocking density – 12 mature broiler per m2
6. Breed of broiler – viable commercial breeds/hybrids

O faro, my nigga
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by horlakunle25(m): 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
donnaD:

ahahah!! Indomie ke E don tey small na!
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by donnaD(f): 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
horlakunle25:
ahahah!! Indomie ke E don tey small na!
no be small oo,it's pass a decade.so anybody whey watch that program no be indomie generation.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by emmyskinny: 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
MissAprokoMedia:

270?? My side it was 230 per litre
In Owo town,itz #350/ltr
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by emmaliver(m): 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
Good.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by mfm04622: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
lonelyisland:

I vex kill all my bird put for freezer! I too get mouth now! Instead make I sell for loss, I go chop for my stomach

1 Like

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by lonelyisland(m): 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
Nuzo1:
I hate to discourage people who intend to go into poultry business. But the truth is that Nigeria does not have the conducive environment for that right now.

Like somebody already said, if you don't have a cold room, better find another business to invest in. Except you are selling to people in lekki/ Asokoro, and in that case, your profits will be spent on transportation and accommodation for the birds.

And if you have a cold room, be sure to spend most part of your profits on diesel for chilling the cold room.

No country can be food sufficient without electricity. It is used for irrigation, processing and preservation. Most Nigerian Farmers cannot afford these processes. And when they use crude and energy sapping method to get a bumper harvest, they end up incuring loss at this juncture as they have no option than to dispose their huge farm produce just few days after harvest and at very ridiculous price.

Let's not even talk about the exorbitant price of feeds.
They make it all sound like Eldorado on paper.
Two bottles of hero for you. You said it all

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by maxipharo(m): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
upsyLi:

O faro, my nigga
Baba nla
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by horlakunle25(m): 11:03am On Dec 23, 2017
donnaD:

no be small oo,it's pass a decade.so anybody whey watch that program no be indomie generation.
sure na!! Still remember obidike "it isn't easy"
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by donnaD(f): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2017
horlakunle25:
sure na!! Still remember obidike "it isn't easy"
lol wao u sure remember,i cud not forget the theme song,it has alot of meaning.

1 Like

Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by shyenar999(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
Fuel cost
Chicken no sell
We all get problems

@Op n d other contributors
Please what are the sure ways to get ones broilers sold be it season period or off season period.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by Willie2015: 11:00am On Dec 31, 2017
shyenar999:
Fuel cost
Chicken no sell
We all get problems

@Op n d other contributors
Please what are the sure ways to get ones broilers sold be it season period or off season period.

Broiler Contract Farming is the way to go, anything outside it is just a waste of time and resources.
Re: Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production by shyenar999(m): 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
Willie2015:

Broiler Contract Farming is the way to go, anything outside it is just a waste of time and resources.
good but how can one get this contact since all processor prefrrs to buy from big farms. Can I get the link?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting / FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels / ‘how To Preserve Beans, Grains Without Poisonous Chemicals’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.