Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare (23772 Views)

Plot Summary Of A Midsummer Night's Dream By William Shakespeare / Top 20 Timeless Quotes From The William Shakespeare / James Hadley Chase: Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by jonadaft: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
badebillions:
He was a black man.
There's nothing like a black or white man. Are you people color blind?
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by jonadaft: 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
badebillions:

He was a black man..

Shut up!
He was dark in complexion.
No human can have a black or white skin.
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by thewritingtodo(m): 12:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
nnamdibig:
His date of birth unknown yet he got married at 18. undecided undecided undecided
Maybe they know his year of birth??
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
smiley
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by Ranchhoddas: 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If you get poetry you will get him. The bard was a master in that field and used it to communicate meanings. Just try writing ten lines of Iambic Tetrameters and tell how long it took you. Rhythm was his thing. I don't think he's overrated, I only think he's projected as the peak of literary writing. I don't think there's a peak.

I guess you are right.

I dislike poetry.
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by Minemrys: 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

she's a bag of bones
n0t that Anne hathaway.
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by Minemrys: 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
tstx:
He was married to Anne Hathaway... Currently there's one Anne hathaway in Hollywood
catwoman.
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by Kingsunnyaleke: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
I'm up coming writer, My God pls help me to write a better stories, let people follower hear my name abeg of u Lord
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by GreatrAnalyst: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Shakespeare... An enigma, a wordsmith...and many more, including controversial.
Shakespeare gave us many English word in use today. He 'invented' more than 1,500 words like assassination, compromise, barefaced, gloomy, savagery, excitement, amazement, and more and more.

Till date, he's still considered the greatest Elizabethan (Englishman) poet and playwright ever born. So great and versed that many scholars after him believed that the name 'Shakespeare' referred to a group name for some brainy literary writers because it was hard to imagine a single man displaying so much knowledge in libraries of professions in his writing, all in his a little above 50 years he lived.
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by zephry(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
eghuan1:

Amelia Bassano Lanier, Google that name. I don't say anything without having fact
she was never established as an African woman and the fact that she was shakespeare's dark lady are only speculations so there are no backing facts to what you say
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by Chukazu: 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I find his works boring.
Still can't find what the fuss about Shakespeare is all about.

To some it was boring but to others it was deep and beyond the ordinary mind...
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by shepherdboy(m): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
When his pipe was exhumed, residue of cannabis was found. Shakespeare makes use of Abby weed. Source www.unbelievabledactsblog.com
Re: 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare by Babacele: 3:04am On Apr 12, 2018
mickeyenglish:
You guys are missing something here! The conspiracy of Christopher Marlow is a minor one. The major and most widely accepted conspiracy theory was that his plays were originally written by the great British Philosopher Francis Bacon. If you are not familiar with Francis Bacon, then you need to do a quick research on him.

Post No Bill.
you are right... and a was a high ranking Rosicrucian too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Once Upon A Time / Nneka Arimah, Chikodili Emelumadu & Arinze Ifeakandu Nominated For Caine Prize / The Reunion....(A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.