Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan (752 Views)

Buhari Appoints Tolu Ogunlesi As His SA On Digital/New Media / Buhari Appoints Nasir Adhama As SA On Youth And Student Affairs / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by upchair(m): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2010
Dear Nairalanders,

Nuhu Ribadu has agreed to be special adviser to Acting President Jonathan on anti-corruption, good governance and sundry matters.

God is great.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5549547-146/the_return_of_ribadu__.csp
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by safeact(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2010
That is a good news! Hop he starts work immediately, no time.
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by solokay(m): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2010
He should start work right away. There is lot of house cleaning to be done. In fact this guy should just return to EFCC and start the fight against corruption again
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by solokay(m): 10:10am On Apr 04, 2010
EFCC without Ribadu is like gun without bullets.
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by Sunofgod(m): 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2010
Good news,

I hope he is as zealous as ever. cool
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by beystwin: 2:25pm On Apr 04, 2010
We should give Ribadu a hero's welcome.
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by McDoe(m): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2010
The move will credibility
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by ladi02(m): 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2010
I think his work will be to advise GJ on control measures to reduce corruption and proper governance,

I dont think he will have the power to instruct Farida to investigate anyone,

I fear for his safety though, Nigerian Politicians are dangerous
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by upchair(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2010
@ladi02

I agree with you totally. I truly fear for his life. These people are dangerous. If they could get to Bola Ige while he was

Minister of Justice, why can't they get to Ribadu.

Only God can keep him safe.
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2010
upchair:

@ladi02

I agree with you totally. I truly fear for his life. These people are dangerous. If they could get to Bola Ige while he was

Minister of Justice, why can't they get to Ribadu.

Only God can keep him safe.

Bola Ige had no protection whatsoever as AGF and did not think he needed one.

Ribadu knows that his life is in danger and I believe he will be on his guard.

With God's mercy and support from the Jonathan Presidency Ribadu will be fine.

All he needs to do though is to re-arrange the SSS and put some loyalists there who will support his programmes and protect him.
Joe Gadzama was very much in the corruption web of Sarki Mukhtar and Farida Waziri. He is too dangerous to continue to head SSS.
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by otawa: 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2010
CRAP.

How easily could NIGERIANS be fooled?

How easily can a Nation of 419 be easily 419ed by their own RULERS.

Ribadu as EFCC chairman in 2006 caught GoodLuck's wife with $2,000,000.00

what did Ribadu do then?

This is just a thank you from GoodLuck to Ribadu and here are gullible Nigerians prasing such move.

Sad indeed.

Written by Jonathan Elendu    
Thursday, 17 August 2006  
First Lady invited by EFCC

Elendureports.com investigations indicate that Bayelsa State Governor’s sister-in-law was arrested at Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja as she tried to leave Nigeria with about one million, five hundred thousand dollars ($1,500,000.00) recently. A report in a Nigerian newspaper had said that a South-south governor’s sister-in-law was caught with money while leaving the country.

The lady simply named Nancy is said to be very close to the Bayelsa First Lady, Patience Jonathan. As at the time of going to press, Elendureports.com could not confirm what the lady did for a living. All efforts to get the Bayelsa Governor or his aides to comment on this story did not yield fruits as they were not responding to calls.

Sources informed us that the lady confessed to security operatives during interrogation that the money belongs to Patience Jonathan, the Bayelsa First Lady. Nancy is said to have also manipulated two banks and informed her interrogators that the money was to be paid into an account in a South African bank.

Elendureports.com was reliably informed that the Bayelsa State first lady has been invited for questioning by the EFCC. However, we were told that she is using back channels to see if a deal could be made with the EFCC.
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2010
otawa:

CRAP.

How easily could NIGERIANS be fooled?

How easily can a Nation of 419 be easily 419ed by their own RULERS.

Ribadu as EFCC chairman in 2006 caught GoodLuck's wife with $2,000,000.00

what did Ribadu do then?

This is just a thank you from GoodLuck to Ribadu and here are gullible Nigerians prasing such move.

Sad indeed.

I think you should spend time to understand your own evidence

Patience Jonathan was not caught as you claim.
A woman claimed to be friends with Patience was probably caught. Do you have any proof that the money do actually belong to Patience Jonathan?

You can not believe Newspaper analogies hook line and sinker, because they support your views and then come here to claim people are being decieved. It is possible that you are actually being decieved.
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by otawa: 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2010
Sources informed us that the lady confessed to security operatives during interrogation that the money belongs to Patience Jonathan, the Bayelsa First Lady. Nancy is said to have also manipulated two banks and informed her interrogators that the money was to be paid into an account in a South African bank.

what did Ribadu do about the CASE

The EFCC in suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja alleged that the governor’s wife was the one that instructed her agent to launder the huge sum in a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited. “Our investigations revealed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of the Governor of Bayelsa State, was the person who instructed one Hanner Offor to launder the said sum of N104, 000, 000 into the account of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited with First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN), Niger House, Marina, Lagos,” Ofem Uket, a legal officer with the EFCC averred in an affidavit in support of originating summons of the suit
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2010
so the efcc did actually take nancy to court and its now up to the courts to decide!!!

so whats the point of your argument?
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by otawa: 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2010
so the efcc did actually take nancy to court and its now up to the courts to decide!!!

so whats the point of your argument?

there you go, court cannot do anything if EFCC decides not ot purpuse the CASE.

If RIBADU is true. This is once case to show NIGERIANS.
Re: Ribadu To Be Appointed SA On Anti-corruption To Jonathan by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2010
otawa:

there you go, court cannot do anything if EFCC decides not ot purpuse the CASE.

If RIBADU is true. This is once case to show NIGERIANS.

Its not up to you to define Ribadu's job description.

Meanwhile you can not claim EFCC filed a case at the courts and then prevented the court from passing a verdict

I should like to think you are grown up enough to know thats not possible.

(1) (Reply)

Fertile Women Shut Out By Monogamy Deserve A Man / Lagos: N5 Billion Lasu-iba Road Collapses / How Lagos Couple Tortured Domestic Help To Death Over A Piece Of Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.