Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

My Christmas Gift! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Christmas Gift! (386 Views)

President Buhari’s Look When He Got His Christmas Gift From VP, Yemi Osinbajo / House Of Reps Member Donates Christmas Gift To Christian Indigenes In Yobe Stat / Governor Umahi's N10k And 2 Bags Of Rice Each Christmas Gift To Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Christmas Gift! by stolenstone: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
Shout out to a friend who came back from U.S, decided to share the love of the season with my family and I, but decided to monetize it with a $1000.

Aboki confirmed the money and gave me a whooping #365,000. I quickly called to thank my friend and he asked how much is the exchange rate and mirthfully I said to him #365 to $1.

He chuckled and asked if I still owed that old dogmatic bigotry opinion of mine that President Buhari will change $1 to #1.

Immediately I remembered how we used to argue in my apartment before he left the country. How I used to be more Buhari than Buhari himself, how I used to tell them how hopeful I am about the future of Nigeria with Buhari becoming the president ....but to my surprised he shocked my imagination that a Nigerian, which recently became a citizen of America just before Buhari's emergence, which used to be a normal average Nigerian guy, as a matter of fact was not responsible enough to pay rent in Naija, can come back to use a thousand dollars to prove me wrong on President Buhari.

He analyzed how my country is more besmirched today as he told me spending $1billion to finish an already won war is equivalent to spending (1.billion Naira) daily for the next 1year.

He told me the same way you must have been shocked to get #365,000 from a $1000 is the same way he was astounded to hear the only man left with integrity in Nigeria is about to spend 1 billion Naira daily for the next 365 days to end Boko Haram War.

people can we just pause for a minute put party affiliation away, regional sentiments to hold for now and ask yourself how much is this government investing on education daily to warrant us spending #1billion daily on war that was announced technically won few months away.

He left me with more question than what my whooping #365,000 could solve. He gave many reason why that would be the next line of looting our common patrimony, he further enunciate on why investing more in education is the only way out of these menace and if failed to look in that direction, we should wait for more terrifying terror than Boko Haram from the same north.

He rounded up with a rhetorical question, for you and I to answer.... If Nigeria govt need #1billion daily for the next 365 days to finish a technically won war, how much did Buhari govt spent daily before they technically won the war on Boko Haram?

#Copied

(1) (Reply)

‘IPOB, MASSOB Are Ngos Set Up By Some Individual To Scam Ndigbo’ / Saboteurs Behind Fuel Crisis -Balarabe Musa / Make Calls At Filling Stations And Go To Jail — Police Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.