Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. (798 Views)

Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix) / Ireen Mambilima Is Dead! Zambia's Chief Justice Dies On Official Duty In Cairo / How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hundreds of Egyptians ransacked a church south of Cairo and called for it to be demolished, the region’s diocese said.
The attack on the church in Atfeh, 100 kilometres (60 miles) from the capital, took place on Friday after weekly Muslim prayers, the diocese said on its Facebook page.
Several churches, especially ones that have yet to be licenced by the government, have come under attack by local Muslims in the conservative south of the country.
The diocese said the Prince Tawadros church had been used for almost 15 years and had applied for a licence under a law passed last year meant to ease permits for new churches.
Hundreds of people massed in front of the building, chanting “hostile” slogans and calling for the church to be demolished, it said.
“They stormed the place and destroyed what was inside it, after assaulting the Christians there,” the diocese said.
Egypt’s Coptic Christians comprise up to 10 percent of the country’s 93 million people and are the Middle East’s largest religious minority.
They have come under sectarian attacks and been targeted by jihadists who have killed more than 100 people in church bombings and shootings since last December.

Seun, front page please.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/12/23/crowd-ransacks-church-in-egypt/
Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by jeruzi(m): 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
may God have mercy on the Christians and comfort them, in Jesus name. The muslims won't condem it now. what did these ones do? they didn't draw any picture of mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2017
jeruzi:
may God have mercy on the Christians and comfort them, in Jesus name. The muslims won't condem it now. what did these ones do? they didn't draw any picture of mohammed.

There hatred for anything Christianity is un-discribeable.

Well Jesus Christ have prophecy all of this thing that's happening now
John 16:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
16 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hate-filled members of muslim brotherhood, the chief terrorists of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by jeruzi(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

There hatred for anything Christianity is un-discribeable.

Well Jesus Christ have prophecy all of this thing that's happening now
John 16:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
16 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
Hmmm. sure,The King said it. It's for us to be strong in the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by giles14(m): 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
Olabenjamen22:
Hundreds of Egyptians ransacked a church south of Cairo and called for it to be demolished, the region’s diocese said.
The attack on the church in Atfeh, 100 kilometres (60 miles) from the capital, took place on Friday after weekly Muslim prayers, the diocese said on its Facebook page.
Several churches, especially ones that have yet to be licenced by the government, have come under attack by local Muslims in the conservative south of the country.
The diocese said the Prince Tawadros church had been used for almost 15 years and had applied for a licence under a law passed last year meant to ease permits for new churches.
Hundreds of people massed in front of the building, chanting “hostile” slogans and calling for the church to be demolished, it said.
“They stormed the place and destroyed what was inside it, after assaulting the Christians there,” the diocese said.
Egypt’s Coptic Christians comprise up to 10 percent of the country’s 93 million people and are the Middle East’s largest religious minority.
They have come under sectarian attacks and been targeted by jihadists who have killed more than 100 people in church bombings and shootings since last December.

Seun, front page please.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/12/23/crowd-ransacks-church-in-egypt/
good for them. dey the Coptic Christians also stupidly condemned Israel.

dem never see anything
Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2017
giles14:
good for them. dey the Coptic Christians also stupidly condemned Israel.

dem never see anything

Brother, the way you are thinking will only make things worst instead of finding solution,

what make you think they(Muslim) won't embark on other Christian after they are done with the coptic Christian?

And about the Israel issue, if you know the kind of oppression churches in Islamic countrie are facing you won't be talking like this. They are been Monitor day and night by the government, they are not free to preach anyhow, they are not free to do evangelism and so on.

Well may God help us sha.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by giles14(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Brother, the way you are thinking will only make things worst instead of finding solution,

what make you think they(Muslim) won't embark on other Christian after they are done with the coptic Christian?

And about the Israel issue, if you know the kind of oppression churches in Islamic countrie are facing you won't be talking like this. They are been Monitor day and night by the government, they are not free to preach anyhow, they are not free to do evangelism and so on.

Well may God help us sha.
wot made you think the Christians give a Bleep
Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
giles14:
wot made you think the Christians give a Bleep

Unless you are no more a Christian(Christ-like), that's when you won't care about your fellow brothers that are been maltreated.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Egyptians Ransacked A Church South Of Cairo. by sanandreas(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2017
Where ever they are minority you hear them scream human right.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trump Cancels Summit With North Korea Kim. / Happy 72nd Birthday President Trump / Is Elizabeth Warrens Kitchen Ttchotchke A Racist Artifact From The 20th Century?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.