Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! (17962 Views)

Poll: Do You Think A Woman President Would be Better For Nigeria?

Yes, Men are the worst ever: 17% (4 votes)
No, women can't think intelligently: 56% (13 votes)
It will Make No Difference - All Naija's are Corrupt: 17% (4 votes)
Don't Know: 8% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable / A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST / Jonathan’s Re-election Only Solution To Peace In 2015​ – Godswill Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by CILondon: 11:09pm On Apr 04, 2010
Nigerian men have shown themselves to be a lost and hopeless cause with only concerns for lining their pockets and fattening their swiss bank accounts.
A Nigerian women President would use her female common sense to put Nigeria in sharp order quickly with some basic house keeping rules that any humble wife would tell you.

1) FULLTIME ELECTRIFICATION OF NIGERIA - WITHIN 24 MONTHS.
2) FULL TIME RUNNING WATER FOR ALL NIGERIA WITHIN - 36 MONTHS
3) FULL TIME TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS WITHIN NIGERIA - WITHIN 24 MONTHS.
4) ROAD SIGNAGE AND IMPROVEMENTS THROUGHOUT NIGERIA TO PREVENT TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS - WITHIN 24 MONTHS.
5) COMPREHENSIVE UNIVERSAL HEALTH SERVICE WITHIN NIGERIA - WITHIN 24 MONTHS.

How would she do this - simple
Ungag the media  - bring in government transparency legislation. Give the media free reign to investigate, name and shame all corrupt officials.

If public officials become too afraid to embezzle and take bribes you would be amazed what can be provided for the people with all that oil money.

A FREE AND RUBUST PRESS IS THE ENEMY OF CORRUPTION.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by ReachRich(m): 12:08am On Apr 05, 2010
^^^So who in ur opinion is the right candidate?
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Sunofgod(m): 12:12am On Apr 05, 2010
Who could stand for election?

Turai?
Mrs Jonathan?
Dora?
Genevieve?
Who else?

grin

1 Like

Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by cantell(m): 12:39am On Apr 05, 2010
Woman president? Wake up and come back to reality.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by CILondon: 2:37am On Apr 05, 2010
yes, woman president.
It is the only way to repair Nigeria.
Men are just afraid that once Nigeria has had a woman president and enjoyed a drastic improvement in the country's standards, the people will not be willing to suffer a decline back to the bad old days of male rule - and they may never ever again vote for another man. This is what men fear.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Sunofgod(m): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2010
100% say so far - No, women can't think intelligently

cheesy
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Sunofgod(m): 11:34am On Apr 05, 2010
Nairalanders - Please submit your vote - It takes a second.

Look at the top of the thread.

Thanks,
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by SEFAGO(m): 11:37am On Apr 05, 2010
LOL, they will use all of our money to buy Aso Oke, ankara- shop at harrods, italy and the best stores or whatever lol grin
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Sunofgod(m): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2010
cheesy

And divert money for roads to buy makeup!!!

(Ladies, I'm only joking - grin)
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by hatch: 11:43am On Apr 05, 2010
@ Topic
Option 2 : No, women can't think intelligently

LMOA grin
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Sunofgod(m): 11:49am On Apr 05, 2010
there own fit worse pass,  grin

In my opinion you need at least 2 maybe even 3 or 4 balls (testicles) to run Nigeria.

Its not a job for the faint hearted (or weak livered -  grin)

Just my opinion,
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by bibiking1(m): 11:52am On Apr 05, 2010
They couldn't even take care of their husbands, now we should deliver the country on a plater of gold to them Lawd hammercy!
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Sunofgod(m): 11:53am On Apr 05, 2010
Nairalanders - Please vote, cool
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by monkeyleg: 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2010
Well I will support fully a Woman president. We should not have a problem with this, the main issue is finding a credible candidate, man or woman.

And tobe fair to the women in our country, the men have contributed most to the terrible state of the country.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by chidichris(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2010
yes, women for president in nigeria because in the past 50yrs, men no try at all.
but i still believe that some nigerian women have what it takes to steal nigeria in 24 hrs.
in fact, let the men continue because i can't trust a group that has iyabo obasanjo and mrs etteh tested and trusted criminals of high way classes.
pls stop this topic as i feel like vomitting now.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Sunofgod(m): 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2010
cheesy

Please cast your vote -
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Feraz(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2010
Are u really sure u want a woman to run this country?
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Horus(m): 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2010
The Woman have more organizing skills.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by netotse(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2010
i voted no, seeing as the OP is female, she herself lends credence to that option.

you claimed a female could:

CILondon:

Nigerian men have shown themselves to be a lost and hopeless cause with only concerns for lining their pockets and fattening their swiss bank accounts.
A Nigerian women President would use her female common sense to put Nigeria in sharp order quickly with some basic house keeping rules that any humble wife would tell you.

1) FULLTIME ELECTRIFICATION OF NIGERIA - WITHIN 24 MONTHS.
2) FULL TIME RUNNING WATER FOR ALL NIGERIA WITHIN - 36 MONTHS
3) FULL TIME TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS WITHIN NIGERIA - WITHIN 24 MONTHS.

4) ROAD SIGNAGE AND IMPROVEMENTS THROUGHOUT NIGERIA TO PREVENT TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS - WITHIN 24 MONTHS.
5) COMPREHENSIVE UNIVERSAL HEALTH SERVICE WITHIN NIGERIA - WITHIN 24 MONTHS.

How would she do this - simple
Ungag the media  - bring in government transparency legislation. Give the media free reign to investigate, name and shame all corrupt officials.

If public officials become too afraid to embezzle and take bribes you would be amazed what can be provided for the people with all that oil money.

A FREE AND RUBUST PRESS IS THE ENEMY OF CORRUPTION.
none of the things i emboldened(or whatever the english is) can happen in 24months.

i wonder what you were thinking of when you typed all those things. . .if you want to make a case for a female presidency, dont you think making irrational statements hurts your campaign?
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by CILondon: 12:54am On Apr 06, 2010
netotse:

i voted no, seeing as the OP is female, she herself lends credence to that option.

you claimed a female could:
none of the things i emboldened(or whatever the english is) can happen in 24months.

i wonder what you were thinking of when you typed all those things. . .if you want to make a case for a female presidency, dont you think making irrational statements hurts your campaign?

OH YES WE CAN. It is that typically defeatist male pessimism that has held Nigeria back for 50 yrs. Electricity, water, telephone, roads etc can all be done within the given time frame.

It's called MULTI-TASKING! Something men know very little about
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by netotse(m): 1:56am On Apr 06, 2010
CILondon:

OH YES WE CAN. It is that typically defeatist male pessimism that has held Nigeria back for 50 yrs. Electricity, water, telephone, roads etc can all be done within the given time frame.

It's called MULTI-TASKING! Something men know very little about
can you answer a question for me?
do you have any idea how long the waiting period for a turbine is? not to mention the time it'd take to build a power station. you dont seem to realise that making unguarded statements will only serve to rubbish your claims(as well as your reputation.)

in order to prove a point, you have made claims concerning matters that you have little or no understanding about(i'll go with 'no'. . .i'm not feeling nice today undecided) my only problem with you is this: where did you get those timeframes from?

are you an engineer? how much do you know about electricity, light and water? how much do you even know about nigeria? how will multitasking solve those problems? as a prospective voter, i have a right to know so i can be sure you aren't as useless as the men
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by SEFAGO(m): 1:59am On Apr 06, 2010
^ grin, true that, people making promises they cannot keep.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by buffox: 3:03am On Apr 06, 2010
@Netose

Chill man. . .the girl is only having some fun  grin. Light in 24 months indeed. she is just on a casual feminist campaign which should be cheered on as far as it makes sense - we can ignore the time frame details  cool

@ CILondon

so what else are we getting in 24 months? Do we also get to launch a space mission?
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by SEFAGO(m): 3:15am On Apr 06, 2010
LOL, aso rock would be full of gossiping and time-wasting activities. I wonder what the first-man will be doing. Charities and other useless that first ladies typically do?
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by buffox: 3:22am On Apr 06, 2010
^^haha. . .tell me about the first man

the guy would prob jus be sirening some new booty to the villa while his wife is touring somewhere tryna get her "24,000MW-in-a-sachet" solution for us. grin
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by SEFAGO(m): 3:25am On Apr 06, 2010
He would also be doing the chop-chop and embezzlement that his wife is supposedly not doing hehe. Infact that would be his full time job, at least the present president is still partially busy which takes time from embezzlement proceedings.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^^

better life for rural men , naptip for area boys and office of the first bobo
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by azorjiu(m): 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2010
I don't think the problem with nigerian government is a gender issue.
I won't cast my vote based on sex.

I will vote Fashola against Patricia Ette.
I will vote Okonjo Iweala against Joshua Dariye.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2010
You should modify the poll to Include : Any credible candidate, man or woman.
I dont buy the men are better or womaen are better arguement or the give us soso percent arguement, I believe positions should be occupied by competent people, men, women, Transexuals, heomoprdites, what ever, competence and merit is all am after.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2010
Women has been the wives to all the men that has led.
Women has held position in all the past administrations.
Women gave birth to all the past leaders.
Nigerians are all same, either male or female.

1 Like

Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by coldhearts(f): 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2010
We definitely need a woman and we need to break away from these useless ones who think women are not intelligent enough. What have they accomplished-nothing, again and again they've shown arrogance and ignorance. Most cultures try to make life bearable for their women but some Nigerian men have made life extremely difficult for their women wink.

A woman president is absolutely the solution for Nigeria and would probably get more respect internationally as she fixes the mess we're in, thanks to our men grin. Women have always been hardworking in Nigeria, keeping everything together while the men seem aloof sometimes, it will be a great thing to have a female for a change.
Re: A WOMAN PRESIDENT - THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR NIGERIA! by Fhemmmy: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2010
coldhearts:

We definitely need a woman and we need to break away from these useless ones who think women are not intelligent enough. What have they accomplished-nothing, again and again they've shown arrogance and ignorance. Most cultures try to make life bearable for their women but some Nigerian men have made life extremely difficult for their women wink.

A woman president is absolutely the solution for Nigeria and would probably get more respect internationally as she fixes the mess we're in, thanks to our men grin. Women have always been hardworking in Nigeria, keeping everything together while the men seem aloof sometimes, it will be a great thing to have a female for a change.

It is so easy to tell that you are a woman and that you are talking our of sentiment.
If hard work is all that is needed to fix Nigeria, even the thugs at oshodi would have fixed nigeria's problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Tinubu Visits Zulum, Wants Military To Change Strategy / Fashola Gives Ultimatum To Berger-Kara Bridge Mechanics / Ekpoudom Optimistic Of Victory As Akpabio Begs Him To Accept Party's Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.