Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze (1657 Views)

Mamman Daura Dismisses Zoning, Denies Dictating Public Policy To President Buhar / Vat Hike Will Impoverish Nigerians - Take It Back Movement / Fuel Scarcity Deliberate Attempt By Pres. Buhari To Impoverish Igbos – Ohaneze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Ikengawo: 7:30am On Dec 24, 2017

Olusola Fabiyi

The President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nwodo, has accused the Federal Government of deliberately using the fuel scarcity to impoverish Igbo people.

Nwodo advised Igbo indigenes to use the Christmas period to pray for peace in the country and not to “forget to bring back their wealth to their homeland.”

The Ohanaeze leader said this in his Christmas message on Saturday.

He stressed that Christmas provided a good opportunity for Ndigbo to pray more to God to send succour to alleviate their sufferings in the country.

He said the fuel scarcity had discouraged Igbo from travelling to the South-East to celebrate the yuletide.

He said, “They (FG) know that at this period in the year, Ndigbo people travel a lot to their homeland. That’s when the government chose to close our airport, that’s when they allow fuel shortage; this is very unfair and insensitive.

“It’s a deliberate policy of impoverishing our people to ensure that whatever wealth our sons and daughters bring home during Christmas is expended on fuel, leaving none for investment.”

Nwodo warned that any deliberate policy to undermine the economy of Ndigbo would affect the entire country heavily.

He urged Ndigbo not to allow the hardship caused by the “anti-people policy” of the current administration to discourage them.

“The unfolding events in the country, especially as it relates to Ndigbo, since this administration came to power, underscores the imperatives for our people to think about home in their wealth generation,” Nwodo added.

https://punchng.com/fuel-scarcity-deliberate-policy-to-impoverish-igbo-ohanaeze/

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Ikengawo: 7:31am On Dec 24, 2017
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 24, 2017
grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by jollymizzle(m): 7:32am On Dec 24, 2017
omg not again. haha are these people some sort of perpetual crying machines?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by AshiwajuFoward: 7:38am On Dec 24, 2017
Smh. These folks have taken this victim mentality thing to another level. Cry babies. Are they the only ones in Nigeria?? Might be a classic case of collective mental illness or something.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by tsdarkside(m): 7:41am On Dec 24, 2017
blame the marketers for that...not nigerians....

why are they not blaming marketers...??

all nigerians are out to get igbos....

buhuhu...they dont care that other tribes are affected too.......

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Emyogalanya: 7:43am On Dec 24, 2017
TRUE BUT I DON'T TRUST OHANEZE. THEY KEEP SHOUTING MARGINALISATION WITH NOTHING TO BACK IT UP BUT WHEN YOUTH COME OUT IN PROTEST THEY WILL START SHOUTING RESTRUCTURED ONE NIGERIA. AFTER A FEW DEATH AND ARRESTS. THEY WILL COME OUT AND START SAYING THE YOUTHS WERE RIGHT ON AGITATION BUT WRONG ON STRATEGY

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Ikengawo: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2017
For context, they have closed the Enugu airport this xmas season
They have flooded the region with extortionist checkpoints
and in case you have the memory of a mosquito, shortages only happen April and December. What happens in April and December in this your zoo country and worldwide?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Ikengawo: 7:46am On Dec 24, 2017
Emyogalanya:
TRUE BUT I DON'T TRUST OHANEZE. THEY KEEP SHOUTING MARGINALISATION WITH NOTHING TO BACK IT UP BUT WHEN YOUTH COME OUT IN PROTEST THEY WILL START SHOUTING RESTRUCTURED ONE NIGERIA. AFTER A FEW DEATH AND ARRESTS. THEY WILL COME OUT AND START SAYING THE YOUTHS WERE RIGHT ON AGITATION BUT WRONG ON STRATEGY

Very foolish group of human beings but today they're right. We all know what this is about.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by IgbotiicGirL(f): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2017
Stupid and petty writeup from ohaneze

10 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by alade112(m): 7:53am On Dec 24, 2017
OMG? What kind of reasoning is this? So it's only igbos that do travel? Other tribes don't travel also...
Playing victim card all the time won't help matter . This is not the Igbo i know back then..

So all those people sleeping in gas stations Nationwide just to get fuel are only Igbos?

I now over believe beautifulSE he said There is a level of delusion that if someone tells you Onitsha is more developed than Tokyo, you'll believe it. they are at that level. And it's a collective thing. They all think alike. Delusion of grandeur + delusion of persecution is a deadly combo

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 24, 2017
Other groups are not affected by the scarcity Abi? Such cells centered paranoia does not help the Igbo cause. It is not only obviously untrue but makes sends conflicting signals about what the motives of the Igbos really are.

13 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by dplordx(m): 8:02am On Dec 24, 2017
The Ibos are suffering from a genetically rare disease called: VICTIMNOLYSIS (noun: a severe neurotic disorder where the victim thinks every single non-tribe members are plotting, scheming or taking actions to shortchange, harm, steal their money, wife, influence, and etc).
The Ibos should please grow up and stop been so small-minded and hopelessly petty.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by buchai: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2017
you know truth bitter sometimes, this fuel issues almost happen every Christmas period with our government not doing any thing to arrest situations like this on time. government with zero interest of the masses at heart only those they rewards are those who voted them they still sing praises for them for voting them in power since 2015 without any concrete plans to alleviate their sufferings.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by hisgrace090: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2017
Fuel scarcity have become every Christmas's uccurance.

Too bad!

Who made the vow that Christians will never celebrate in peace?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Ikengawo: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2017
dplordx:
The Ibos are suffering from a genetically rare disease called: VICTIMNOLYSIS (noun: a severe neurotic disorder where the victim thinks every single non-tribe members are plotting, scheming or taking actions to shortchange, harm, steal their money, wife, influence, and etc).
The Ibos should please grow up and stop been so small-minded and hopelessly petty.

Idiot, this is only 2 week after Yoruba declared their entire race was insulted because they losted a PDP chairman seat. Is Enugu airport closed or open?

Bode George: "Wike Insulted The Yoruba Race & Must Apologize"

“I entered the contest on the micro-zoning principle, which has been thrashed by little men who have compromised. It appears the PDP is bent on self-destruction.

I can’t be part of this. The chairmanship position has been sold to the highest bidder,” George stated while a briefing newsmen at his campaign office in Abuja.

“I entered the race due to the micro zoning arrangement. This micro zoning has been trashed, dumped on the dust bin for personal reason. It appears that PDP is bent on self destruction. It has lost its soul.

“I cannot be part of this criminal allegation. The PDP is now mangled. “I hereby withdraw from the fraud. As a Yoruba patriot, I will stand for our people.

“Governor Wike must tender an unreserved apology to the Yoruba people for his unguarded utterances against the Yoruba race. I listened to my younger brother and I see it as an insult. I consider it as an insult.

“I Olabode George did not step down for anybody. My measure of experience is too heavy. What I am stepping down for is the process. The issue of micro zoning has been destroyed. Every position is micro zoned. I am withdrawing purely on principle.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/breaking-bode-george-withdraws-pdp-chairmanship-race/

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Gotze1: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2017
These people matter tired God. Abeg, na only igboland fuel scarce? Reason I don't blame their youth. There elders reasoning is worst.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by ManMountain(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2017
These people heeeen!
Sharing the same nationality with these people is sickening
They should just go away already

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Ikengawo: 8:18am On Dec 24, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by ManMountain(m): 8:19am On Dec 24, 2017
alade112:
OMG? What kind of reasoning is this? So it's only igbos that do travel? Other tribes don't travel also...
Playing victim card all the time won't help matter . This is not the Igbo i know back then..

So all those people sleeping in gas stations Nationwide just to get fuel are only Igbos?

I now over believe beautifulSE he said There is a level of delusion that if someone tells you Onitsha is more developed than Tokyo, you'll believe it. Ibos are at that level. And it's a collective thing. They all think alike. Delusion of grandeur + delusion of persecution is a deadly combo

They are still the same, the problem is that many Nigerians underestimated their capacity for stupidity and foolishness that has been re-calibrated by the loss of GEJ and Buhari's victory in 2015.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 24, 2017
buhari hate Igbos

Hausa hate Igbos

yoruba hate Igbos

fulani hate Igbos

ijaw hate Igbos

trump hate Igbos

America hate igbos

Igbos ATE igbos(osu)

pope Francis hate Igbos

everybody hate igbos

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by alade112(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2017
ManMountain:

They are still the same, the problem is that many Nigerians underestimated their capacity for stupidity and foolishness that has been re-calibrated by the loss of GEJ and Buhari's victory in 2015.

lol! Their matter don tire person.. like say na only them dey dz country..
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by ManMountain(m): 8:37am On Dec 24, 2017
alade112:

lol! Their matter don tire person.. like say na only them dey dz country..

It's a classical manifestation of insecurity complex.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by wakaman: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2017
Haba, why are you people like this? Are Igbo's the only ones feeling the pangs of fuel scarcity?
Why are you always playing victim? This victim sentiment is nauseating to say the least.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Okoyeeboz: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2017
Sad

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2017
M
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by twentyk(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2017
how?
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Guyman02: 8:39am On Dec 24, 2017
R
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2017
Ohaneze, bikonu, what is this na? We don't need this daft thinking please.
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by ChappyChase: 8:41am On Dec 24, 2017
Mtchewww
Re: Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze by lalasticlala(m): 8:41am On Dec 24, 2017

(1)

Buhari Is A Rogue, IBB Is Bi-sexual,OBJ The Errand Boy,Stop The Media Brainwash! / Watch The Number Of Security Men Guarding Gov Ben Ayade At The Calabar Carnival / I Warned Buhari Against Taking Over From Jonathan In 2015 – Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.