Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,098 members, 7,825,464 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1168906 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gretop(m): 6:19am On Apr 20, 2018
L author=ptefemmeforte post=66830198]good evening house, FTM and silent reader but ha to give part back to the forum to keep the hope alive.
Myself and my DH went for our visa interview 16th April and it was

Congratulations. Thanks alot for sharing
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 6:51am On Apr 20, 2018
I'm not a guru o. this is just my own personal opinion. I guess the gurus would give you more candid advise.

First of all, thank God your baby is alive amd you are well, thats the moay important thing.

I think it depends on what you plan to do. obviously you are not using the visa for childbirth anymore. Do you still want to travel to the US in the next one year? if not, i think you should just free the application and apply again later.

If yes, change the interview date closer to when you want to travel. change your ds160 and apply for b1/b2 and remove all indication of giving birth on the form.

does hubby want to travel in the next one year? if yes, he should go to the embassy alone and mention that he's going for vacation. he can also change his ds160 to remove all indication of childbirth but he has to do that at most 3 days before Apr 25. I'm guessing you guys scheduled the appointment together which he can't change, so he should just mention that his wife is not available for the interview at this time.

my two cents sha

Phatoxen:
Myself and DH were to go for our interview on 25th April, unfortunately 2 weeks before the interview date i was diagnosed of malaria and was admitted in the hospital. After 2 days of administering drugs and injections with drips my water broke and i gave birth at 30 weeks to a pre-m baby with CS despite my EDD of MAY 30. My baby was placed in an incubator while i recuperate, my questions are:
1. Do we still go for the interview?
2. If we must go, do we tell the VO that i have delivered our baby? or
3. Do we still go with the initial plan by telling the VO that we're still going to have our baby?

Pls, i need your candid advise, what do we do and is there any way forward. Though, DH is having a rethink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 6:58am On Apr 20, 2018
Hello dear NLanders, please can anyone help?

Been trying to get a hospital quote for HNMC for the last two weeks to no avail. I called Dr Xydas office and they sent me some attachments that look like they were scanned by a child! I can see the info I need but I need something that looks decent and I can present at embassy/poe.

I called Dr Morgan's office and they asked me to call the hospital for the quote. I have called about 5 times during US working hours and when they transfer me to the financial counsellor, it's her voicemail I always get.

I got her email shelly.braham@coniferhealth.com but all the mails I have sent just bounce back.

I would appreciate if anyone here has a decent quote and can send to me, or has an alternate way I can reach the hospital to get the quote myself.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:08am On Apr 20, 2018
Abuja or Lagos
gretop:
L author=ptefemmeforte post=66830198]good evening house, FTM and silent reader but ha to give part back to the forum to keep the hope alive.
Myself and my DH went for our visa interview 16th April and it was

Congratulations. Thanks alot for sharing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phatoxen: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2018
@mamaiyanu, Thank you for your advise.

Well noted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 9:22am On Apr 20, 2018
ptefemmeforte:

New here, don't know how this DM thing n d all NL sef works but yes please I am open to sharing

congratulations!!!

Please post here, it will help others including me. Reapplied after a denial last month and my interview date is Tuesday 24th of April

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tanimofe: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2018
Hello House, Long Post

Am a silent reader, and i must say u guys are wonderful, i went for my interview Feb 21 and i was denied, here is my transcript

Me- Good Morning
VO - Good Morning
Vo - Passport Pls
Me - Handed over my passport,
Vo - why are u going to the US,
Me - To have my baby
Vo - Is this your First
Me- No, i have 2 kids age 8 and 6yrs
Vo- what do you do
me- am an accountant
Vo- how much is your budget for this trip
me- 14k
Vo - does the 14k includes your ticketing, hotel and passport
me - yes
Vo- how much bill was given to you by the hosp
me- abt 8,500
Vo - lemme have your bank statement
me- handed over ( meanwhile i have over 6m)
Vo - who is bla bla bla
Me- my hubby ( she saw where he transfer some money into my account around decemeber, bit by bit 1m, 2m,
Vo- what does he do
me - he is into bla bla bla
Vo- she was typing and typing and next handed over the blue paper.

No other document was checked- mean while i printed statement from Sept to Feb 2018

I went back home the following day and schedule for another interview, but chose a further date, April 10, printed statement from Jan - April 2018
Was interviewed by a man dis time, here is my transcript

Vo - Morning
Me- good morning
Vo- passport pls
me - handed over
Vo- can see you were here 2 months ago
Me- yes
Vo- And what have changed, and why did u come back
Me- i felt i was not given a fair judgment cos non of my documents was checked, and aside that , i now have an increase in my income - ( meanwhile i have abt 7m now)
Vo- hmmmmm , so i can see u want to give birth in the US
Me - Yes Pls
Vo - Why the US
Me - To afford my new born opportunity of dual citizenship,and for better medical service
Vo- There are other good medical service in other countries, US does not have the best
Me - I want my child to have dual citizenship
Vo- ok, how much is ur budget
Me- 17k
Vo - lemme have ur bank statment
Me- handed over
Vo - type typing
Vo - what does ur hubby do
Me - he is into bla bla bla - sells cars and other things
Vo - How may cars does he bring into the country btw 2month
Me - like 2-5 cars
Vo- typing - Your interview will be put on hold, till you get me dis document, i would have held back your passport, but will have to give you back, u can take the document to any of the addresses listed below, u dont have to pay or schedule for any interview, let me have the bill of ladding of the cars ur hubby have imported for the last 2-3 month, then we will make our decision. HANDED OVER A WHITE 221 G form thicking provide bill of lading.

I drove home, got the bill of ladding and presented it at the drop box office the same day. 10th April Still waiting for their response, on my US travel page, when a log in is showing YOUR PASSPORT IS WITH THE US EMBASSY

PLS HAS ANYONE BEEN IN THIS SITUATION BEFORE, AND HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THEM TO RESPOND - they said within 10 working days. And what does the form really implies.

And here is
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MumRyan1: 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
overlord77:

Why this na. Is the man not the father of the child? She should do the right thing and get him to consent. My opinion.
In as much as I appreciate everyone's input & judgement, I wouldn't want to put in personal/private issues in a public domain, however, I stated earlier that we had a "marital break down" that is beyond reconciliation for now. Fine, He's My LO's father but I can foot the bills "I think". I have both options opened in any case. Your input is much appreciated all the same.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MumRyan1: 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
kaakaa:

Haba,Will she force the father of the child to consent? She gave her the best 2 options, get him to sign or leave out his name. There is nothing wrong with her advice.
Irrespective of what has happened in my marital status, I'm still opened to both options, thanks for sharing too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ptefemmeforte: 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
ozymes:
Abuja or Lagos
Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ptefemmeforte: 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
PFA the budget sheet. You can also use the search bar for more options. Found all I needed here so just take your time and go through the thread. Goodluck to everyone yet to go for their interview.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
ptefemmeforte:
PFA the budget sheet. You can also use the search bar for more options. Found all I needed here so just take your time and go through the thread. Goodluck to everyone yet to go for their interview.

Thank you so much. This will really help. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by IncredibleWest: 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thank you Femme

ptefemmeforte:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Royalslimness01: 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
Good evening house, kudos to all the mamas in the house, I'm new on this platform and I'm also a FTM, i av a visa already, edd in late July.
Please I need someone to link me with a good obstetrics in Chicago, illinois so that I can plan my budget sheet. All efforts to get one online has proved abortive. Pls help a sister biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2018
help anyone?

Mamaiyanu:

Been trying to get a hospital quote for HNMC for the last two weeks to no avail. I called Dr Xydas office and they sent me some attachments that look like they were scanned by a child! I can see the info I need but I need something that looks decent and I can present at embassy/poe.

I called Dr Morgan's office and they asked me to call the hospital for the quote. I have called about 5 times during US working hours and when they transfer me to the financial counsellor, it's her voicemail I always get.

I got her email shelly.braham@coniferhealth.com but all the mails I have sent just bounce back.

I would appreciate if anyone here has a decent quote and can send to me, or has an alternate way I can reach the hospital to get the quote myself.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 8:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=Mamaiyanu post=66885231]help anyone?

I have the same issues too. From the attachments sent by Dr xydas,it says they don't send appointment letter for embassy or Poe.Been calling the financial counselor and all i get is her voicemail promising to call back.Dunno what to do too
Pls those who have used HNWMC should help,how did you guys do it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by amanda0: 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
Mamaiyanu:

Its 2k vaginal 650 epidural, 3500 cs. Hope this helps
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chimzy09(f): 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
I'm having same issues. Emails bounce back and they keep transfering to her voicemail! I guess I'll make do with what has been sent already since the hospital website doesn't open here

Mamaiyanu:

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by amanda0: 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2018
feddy27:

look for the closest intown suites and have your peace of mind
Pls how much is paid per month for the queen studio in intown suites close to Hnwmc. Pls anyone that has stayed there pls reply trying to compare alternative accomodation. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 7:40am On Apr 21, 2018
overlord77:

Why this na. Is the man not the father of the child? She should do the right thing and get him to consent. My opinion.
First I adviced her to get the father of the child to sign. But if it's not possible, she can aswell proceed without him.
What if the father is not interested in signing anything?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by feddy27: 7:45am On Apr 21, 2018
amanda0:

Pls how much is paid per month for the queen studio in intown suites close to Hnwmc. Pls anyone that has stayed there pls reply trying to compare alternative accomodation. Thanks

Their rates are location specific. Google intown suites Houston and check out the prices there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by feddy27: 8:45am On Apr 21, 2018
MumRyan1:
Good day, house! I've been a peeping reader, however, I have some few questions, please don't pass me I beg of u, the gurus. I have my visa & would be leaving for the states in June but due in August but DH & I are separated for the time being (we had a serious marital break down when I was barely 3months) story for another day, how do I get or fill consent form for LO's PP? Or is there another way out? Same question applies for a Nigerian PP or the VOA. Won't I be expected to bring d DS-3053 form since I filled him as "Husband" when i applied or can my dad/any relative act as guardian to fill the form & send down? Please, don't pass me by cry

Don't include his name in the birth certificate. That way, you don need any consent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 10:15am On Apr 21, 2018
thanks!

[quote author=amanda0 post=66888894][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 10:16am On Apr 21, 2018
For those hoping to get earlier visa appointment dates, please keep checking. hubby got apr30 for abuja yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Royalslimness01: 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
Please help me out
Royalslimness01:
Good evening house, kudos to all the mamas in the house, I'm new on this platform and I'm also a FTM, i av a visa already, edd in late July.
Please I need someone to link me with a good obstetrics in Chicago, illinois so that I can plan my budget sheet. All efforts to get one online has proved abortive. Pls help a sister biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamsiey: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2018
Royalslimness01:
Please help me out

Send me a pm. I'm currently in Chicago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 5:40am On Apr 22, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
For those hoping to get earlier visa appointment dates, please keep checking. hubby got apr30 for abuja yesterday.

Any sucessful interview for preg mamas in Abuja of recent? Pls kindly share.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:49am On Apr 22, 2018
What @ozycy said is not out of place some men can be very heady. Thinking they are undoing the woman not knowing it is the child and themselves.

overlord77:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2018
Good day beautiful people!
Pls I’m using Oakbend and Dr Dama in May/June and need to leave Houston in few weeks right after delivery bc of mat leave and time granted hubby off-work.
I need to know exactly what I must do or what I must note to help me get all my post-delivery documents as fast as possible eg zero balance, SSN, BC etc... I’m not sure of all the Doc I must leave with post delivery.
Pls who has used Oakbend or Dr Dama or knows how to break burecracy and get ALL required docs ASAP. help reply here or PLEASE send me privately on biuteaz@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.