Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth (5459 Views)

"IK Ogbonna Lost His Wife, Sonia, To A Billionaire" - Instagram User Claims / Photos Of Super Eagles Player, Emmanuel Emenike Playing With His Daughter / 16-year-old Malaysian-based Nigerian Boy Buys A N30m Car, Flaunts His Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by seunmohmoh(f): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2017
Life has been unfair to ex-Arsenal star, Emmanuel Eboue, who many months ago earned millions of pounds in wages, lived in a luxurious mansion, and drove flashy cars.

But right now, the former Ivory Coast star, is presently struggling to keep a roof over his head, after he lost all his assets to his divorced wife, Aurelie, UK Mirror exclusively reports.Eboue is about to lose the only house he is left with, to his former wife, after a lapse of a 3-week deadline given by a judge to hand over the house.

Speaking with Mirror, Eboue talked about hiding from bailiffs, talked about how he occasionally sleeps on the floor of a friend’s home, in a bid to avoid court officials who may be looking to enforce the judge’s order, how he travels by bus, and even cleans his clothes by hand because he has no washing machine.
The 34-year-old tells how his staggering riches-to-rags plight has pushed him to the brink of suicide.
Eboue, currently unable to play football because of ill-health, now suffers from mental illness after contending with the grief of a painful divorce and estrangement from his three kids.

Eboue also reportedly suffers from the shock of losing his grandfather, Amadou Bertin, who raised him, and his brother, N’Dri Serge, who was killed in a motorbike accident.

The former Ivory Coast defender who is presently unable to play football because of his ill-health as earlier stated, and a ban imposed on him following a problem with an agent, has expressed his desire to work with his former employers at Arsenal.

“When I talk about Arsenal helping me, I am not talking about money, it is about emotional support and opportunity to work there, to help the boys there and be happy”, he says.

The worried star also spoke about how he cannot afford a Lawyer no more, and how he’s about to lose his Enfield property;
In the exclusive interview with Mirror, Eboue says, “I want God to help me. Only he can help take these thoughts from my mind“I can’t afford the money to continue to have any lawyer or barrister. I am in the house but I am scared. Because I don’t know what time the police will come. Sometimes I shut off the lights because I don’t want people to know that I am inside. I put everything behind the door. My own house. I suffered to buy my house but I am now scared. I am not going to sell my clothes or sell what I have. I will fight until the end because it is not fair.”

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by ubongoton(m): 11:22am On Dec 24, 2017
ntorrr,shea u want marry oyinbo woman, who are always on contract marriage,,,if care is not taken, you would not get even a hurt in ivory coast were u come from,,,come to your village and marry you would not hear,,,

Mikel own loading

2 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by ItchingPreek(m): 11:27am On Dec 24, 2017
Thé "thought" of marrying a oyinbo lady, when you're rich and successful is thé beginning" of village ppl invitation.

I have always been an advocate of "marry ur tribe person" especially if you're from this part of thé world - Africa. This not only, is some way help eradicate poverty directly or indirectly( Check it, from benefit of your Name tag, to the reach wedding planners, to wife who little change will still drop off to family and friends, e't'c) only also help keep the lady in check - family Meeting still solves a lotta problems. Oyinbo woman will deal with you...dem no send if you chop leaf last last.

Eboue my guy......remember that Champions League final when this guy eradicated Ronaldinho from his flank like polio....God bless you brother. Keep praying, atleast 1Gwagon go reach you after court order.

3 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Pierohandsome: 11:27am On Dec 24, 2017
So he didnt invest anything in His home land, or build anything there. No bank account with money in His native home?

I dnt knw hw people wil fall prey to losing their wealth to divorce suite whn they knw the law over there, yet they wil wait till everything deteriorate to the point of losing everything to their wives.

Once u sense danger u begin to strategise on hw to transfer some of ur wealth to ur homeland without the woman's knowledge than wait until u lose everything

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by oderemo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
Did the op wrote this or lifted it from somewhere .
Fear God ohhhh.
This is from the mirror interview.
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
angry

∆ Woman is the root of all evil.

I'm talking about Eve oh... Please. Before you finish me with mentions ∆
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Ehiscotch(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
I am not jumping into conclusions but he is probably losing the court case after he may have cheated on his wife and got infected with aids so she asked for a divorce.

So sad, man. His life has taken a U-turn.
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by theGigolo: 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
My take here is

WHY NOW!!!

Why is it when he is old and almost no longer useful to his profession before this tragedy?

Brethren I have seen things in 2017 sha. I have seen Men in high place fall beneath the ground.

May God grant him the strength to recover all he has lost.
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Threebear(m): 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
Why do they marry white women?
Is it inferiority complex?
Is it low self esteem?
We have so many intelligent, beautiful, smart African women and you will choose to marry a white.
In the event of a divorce, who do you think the white judge will favour, an African man desperate to belong or his white compatriot.
My black brothers should smarten up, most of them think marrying white women automatically upgrades their status quo while the reverse is the case, because hardly will any successful white man take a black woman as a wife.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by IamLaura(f): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
I'm not a bit sorry for him.
Black men have this warped mentality fueled with inferiority complex which makes them feel like they haven't attained the highest peak of their career until they have a white woman by their arms.
In the case of a divorce/child custody do you think the western justice system will be fair to you a black African Man over a European woman?Lol,you're tripping.
What they fail to understand is that white women will always choose a man of their own race over you negroes and the only reason u can get one is if you're Rich/Famous and of course your big Dick.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by MasterKim: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Chai! Dz one deep o
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Saintsammurai(m): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ehiscotch:
I am not jumping into conclusions but he is probably losing the court case after he may have cheated on his wife and got infected with aids so she asked for a divorce.

So sad, man. His life has taken a U-turn.
Bro please pardon my ignorance, but i just want to be clear..
Does it mean that as he cheated on his wife then the white woman asked for a divorce, then how exactly will divorce make a man that has worked for his wealth and bought all that he has, how can a divorce make him broke?
So if the white lady asked the court to give her 90% of the wealth the husband have, then the court will grant her?

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Ehiscotch(m): 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Bro please pardon my ignorance, but i just want to be clear..
Does it mean that as he cheated on his wife then the white woman asked for a divorce, then how exactly will divorce make a man that has worked for his wealth and bought all that he has, how can a divorce make him broke?
So if the white lady asked the court to give her 90% of the wealth the husband have, then the court will grant her?

I don't really have much knowledge in all that stuff but I believe it is an agreement they had which she is taking advantage of albeit too far maybe because she is white or something but I feel something ain't right.

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Saintsammurai(m): 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ehiscotch:

I don't really have much knowledge in all that stuff but I believe it is an agreement they had which she is taking advantage of albeit too far maybe because she is white or something but I feel something ain't right.
Because its kind of strange.. If she has a child for me, then i can pay for monthly upkeep..

But if she don't, then she should not expect a kobo from me.

She asked for divorce, it means she no longer need me or my money..
simple as that..
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Ehiscotch(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Because its kind of strange.. If she has a child for me, then i can pay for monthly upkeep..

But if she don't, then she should not expect a kobo from me.

She asked for divorce, it means she no longer need me or my money..
simple as that..

That's not how it works over there.

If you are not legally married and she's just a babymama you can pay for child support but if not they might just end up splitting the man's properties.

2 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Saintsammurai(m): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ehiscotch:

That's not how it works over there.

If you are not legally married and she's just a babymama you can pay for child services but if not they might just end up splitting the man's properties.
what!!!!
Then team baby mama forever..
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by dollarcoolcat(m): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Comin lemme hurriedly buy fuel.. Na my turn now

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by OKorowanta: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
Instead of u to come Abidjan come marry better big black yansh,u say na oyibo pepper dey hungry you.
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by victoronyekwelu(m): 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
That's why am not getting married anyway call IMO state comisioner of happiness since your country can't afford one
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Princealex1(m): 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
Is it me or does he look like sekau in the first pix?
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
Read like another Grace to Grass story of just another soccer star. World football headlines are replete with stories such as Eboues. The flashy girls are usually arrivistes and gold-diggers. Nothing new.
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
First, which site carried this story? What's the source? He's broke and sleep outside indeed. And you guys bought that? Story!
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Roughfyzay(m): 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by davspog2(m): 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
When they won't marry from their home country nko! You think dem kanu and okocha no get sense?
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Newboss(m): 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
When I tell you folks that marriage is a scam in this generation, you think I'm just being cynical or petty?

This is another proof!

There are some things you can't put in words but in real life happenings!

Open your eyes folks!
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Newboss(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
davspog2:
When they won't marry from their home country nko! You think dem kanu and okocha no get sense?
The day the above people divorce, they will lose half of their wealth to the woman! Don't be fooled bro. It's worse in Nigeria!
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by tofek4real: 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
White women only good to Bleep no bi 4 marriage bad business
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by anibirelawal(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
SO SAD!
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Phonefanatic: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
First, which site carried this story? What's the source? He's broke and sleep outside indeed. And you guys bought that? Story!

Bitter reality. Google it.
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Bitter reality. Google it.
I've seen it on UK's Daily Mirror and I'd follow up. This is just too much to handle.
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by Foxrain: 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
Cc :lalasticala
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of How Former Arsenal Player Emmanuel Eboue Lost His Wealth by batulakarada: 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
Lalasticala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji Opens Up Why She Say’s NO To Marriage / Erica: Nonstop beautiful Pictures Of Erica, Her Full Bio And Achievements / Former Nigerian Model,yinka Olonode (MTN Shy Guy Ad) , Commits Suicide In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.