Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! (10119 Views)

David Ibiyeome's Church To Become Largest Auditorium Worldwide / No Controversy; Christmas Remains The Best Season All Over The World! / Christmas: The Hypocrisy Of Protestants (2) (3) (4)

Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Omooba77: 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
To God be all the glory!!
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by enemyofprogress: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Even members of the religion wey dey kill and throw bombs know that,the difference is very clear grin grin
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Lordspenzo(m): 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
Makanjuola89:
But pastor kumuyi says Jesus was not born on the 25th December.
Nobody said Jesus was born on the 25th December

Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makanjuola89: 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
Lordspenzo:

Nobody said Jesus was born on the 25th December
What are they now celebrating today?

Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makanjuola89: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
babajeje123:

His opinion. Merry Christmas
You have a contrary opinion with prove from the bible?
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by drakeli: 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
Makanjuola89:

What are they now celebrating today?
The coming of Jesus into the world in a manger. That’s what Christmas is about. We are not celebrating a calendar date. We are celebrating that Jesus was born. One can rant about date, but cannot rant that Jesus was not born. Period!!!

Next question!
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by saltoftheearth: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
drakeli:
The coming of Jesus into the world in a manger. That’s what Christmas is about. We are not celebrating a calendar date. We are celebrating that Jesus was born. One can rant about date, but cannot rant that Jesus was not born. Period!!!

Next question!

Jesus was born Yet He never send u message to celebrate His birth and u still call yourself a christian(Christ like)...Besides, how do u celebrate the birth of Jesus or did Jesus gave u the ways and manner on how to celebrate His birth Even Jesus, His parents, His disciples/Apostles never celebrated or command anyone to celebrate Jesus birth...But only commanded to celebrate and to remember His death through the Lords supper.
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by drakeli: 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
Makuos:

Jesus was born Yet He never send u message to celebrate His birth and u still call yourself a christian(Christ like)...Besides, how do u celebrate the birth of Jesus or did Jesus gave u the ways and manner on how to celebrate His birth Even Jesus, His parents, His disciples/Apostles never celebrated or command anyone to celebrate Jesus birth...But only commanded to celebrate and to remember His death through the Lords supper.
Did Jesus ordered you to worship him on Sunday? In some countries it’s Friday, some Saturday. Even when Bible is clear that it should be Saturday. Did he ask you to celebrate his resurrection? But you do calling it Easter. Lord supper is different from Easter. So don’t mix the two. Hypocrisy is the problem with today’s Christians who only follow my pastor says.

The apostle Paul said, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things and the God of peace will be with you” Philippians 4:8

That’s a summary by apostles Paul concerning anything we do as Christians. That statement by Paul has described everything you got to do as a Christian about celebrating the birth of our Lord. The birth is true, celebrating it is noble and admirable and excellent. Doing it in the way of the Lord is pure. What have you? Leave date out of it. Celebrate that Jesus came into the world. The same way the three wise men did and the angels.

Next question!
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Greatzeus(m): 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
colly22boy:
I want to use this platform to inform everyone here both boy and girls that they are all useless.. foolish.. divinely stupid ...
thank you.. Merry Christmas
I feel your pain wink
You definitely did not sound like someone who woke up to eat Rice, chicken and cold malt grin
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by colly22boy(m): 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
Greatzeus:

I feel your pain wink
You definitely did not sound like someone who woke up to eat Rice, chicken and cold malt grin

� .
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by PETUK(m): 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
directonpc:
Enjoy

Extra
Never run out of airtime or means of carryout transactions! Get this app thank me later.

Download the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking
Wema bank?
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by donqx: 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
the worst in nigeria
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
drakeli:
Did Jesus ordered you to worship him on Sunday? In some countries it’s Friday, some Saturday. Even when Bible is clear that it should be Saturday. Hypocrisy is the problem with today’s Christians who only follow my pastor says.

The apostle Paul said, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things and the God of peace will be with you” Philippians 4:8

That’s a summary by apostles Paul concerning anything we do as Christians. That statement by Paul has described everything you got to do as a Christian about celebrating the birth of our Lord. The birth is true, celebrating it is noble and admirable and excellent. Doing it in the way of the Lord is pure. What have you? Leave date out of it. Celebrate that Jesus came into the world. The same way the three wise men did and the angels.

Next question!

Yes Bible talk about worshipping God on the first day of the week and what is the first day of the week? Sunday!!!

Besides, what does christmas(christ & mass) got to do with Jesus Christ or His birth
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by directonpc(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
PETUK:
Wema bank?
YES wema bank.
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
drakeli:
Did Jesus ordered you to worship him on Sunday? In some countries it’s Friday, some Saturday. Even when Bible is clear that it should be Saturday. Did he ask you to celebrate his resurrection? But you do calling it Easter. Lord supper is different from Easter. So don’t mix the two. Hypocrisy is the problem with today’s Christians who only follow my pastor says.

Next question!

The birth is true Yet He never command you to celebrate His birth. Between you and Jesus, who knows what is true and what is not He has already commanded us on what to do to remember why He came to the world which is remembering His death through the Lords supper and u are here quoting scriptures out of context. "Jesus said if ye love me keep my commandments".... Now the commandment of celebrating His birthday yearly in the name of christmas came from where?
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by drakeli: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Makuos:

Yes Bible talk about worshipping God on the first day of the week and what is the first day of the week? Sunday!!!

Besides, what does christmas(christ & mass) got to do with Jesus Christ or His birth

Quote me where Bible orders to worship first day of the week or celebrate easter. Don’t show me an incident where some people worship first day of the week o because there is no day when people don’t worship God. I will tell you where the Bible say 7th day of the week is right and which Jesus observed.

Christmas was started by the catholic. Hence the mas which is a short form for mass. It means worship service as officiated by the priest. We worship Christ for his birth Christmas. Stop following my pastor says. Besides, Catholic churches held mass today.

Next!
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by femolii: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
oshe111:
Jesus Is LORD
Yes o
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by PETUK(m): 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
directonpc:
YES wema bank.
it was not included in your write up
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
drakeli:

Quote me where Bible orders to worship first day of the week. Don’t show me an incident where some people worship first day of the week o because there is no day when people don’t worship God. I will tell you where the Bible say 7th day of the week is right and which Jesus observed.

Hahahaha, you called it incident So worshipping God is an incident abii. I have already seen the kind of christian u are!

1 Corinthians 16:2, Acts 20:7. You can digest those passages. Bible said what ever that is written in the bible are written for our learning...in other words, every thing written in the bible whether is an incident as u called it, or as an example or as a command are for our learning! Yet there was no example, incident or command where Jesus celebrated His birthday and command His followers to do thesame But only commanded us to commemorate His death by observing the Lords supper!!!
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
drakeli:

Quote me where Bible orders to worship first day of the week or celebrate easter. Don’t show me an incident where some people worship first day of the week o because there is no day when people don’t worship God. I will tell you where the Bible say 7th day of the week is right and which Jesus observed.

Christmas was started by the catholic. Hence the mas which is a short form for mass. It means worship service as officiated by the priest. We worship Christ for his birth Christmas. Stop following my pastor says. Besides, Catholic churches held mass today.

Next!

So are you following Jesus Christ or you are following catholic church?
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by drakeli: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Makuos:

Hahahaha, you called it incident So worshipping God is an incident abii. I have already seen the kind of christian u are!

1 Corinthians 16:2, Acts 20:7. You can digest those passages. Bible said what ever that is written in the bible are written for our learning...in other words, every thing written in the bible whether is an incident as u called it, or as an example or as a command are for our learning! Yet there was no example, incident or command where Jesus celebrated His birthday and command His followers to do thesame But only commanded us to commemorate His death by observing the Lords supper!!!

Chai. See a holier than thou Christian. What happens in this world that is not an incident. Abi you lack English comprehension ni? The death of Jesus happened. It’s an incident. Jesus was born. It’s an incident. Anything that takes place is an incident.

Who is your English teacher? Go back to your dictionary. Or resit your English exam. Incident is an occurrence or event.

You go beyond Lord supper saying you are celebrating easter. Or why do you call your retreat easter retreat?
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
drakeli:

Chai. See a holier than thou Christian. What happens in this world that is not an incident. Abi you lack English comprehension ni? The death of Jesus happened. It’s an incident. Jesus was born. It’s an incident. Anything that takes place is an incident.

Who is your English teacher? Go back to your dictionary. Incident is an occurrence or event.

Yes you can call me holier than thou for speaking the truth But I pray u won't know the truth when it is too late. My coversation with u here shows u are very, very far!!!
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by directonpc(m): 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
PETUK:
it was not included in your write up
because the list is longer (total of about 12 banks) the rest couldn't be on the screenshot.
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by drakeli: 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Makuos:

Yes you can call me holier than thou for speaking the truth But I pray u won't know the truth when it is too late. My coversation with u here shows u are very, very far!!!
You remember what Jesus told the holier than thou Pharisees. If you have a problem calling an occurrence incident which is a normal English word for anything that takes place. Then I think you have a problem. Merry Christmas and God bless you.
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
drakeli:
You remember what Jesus told the holier than thou Pharisees. If you have a problem calling an occurrence incident which is a normal English word for anything that takes place. Then I think you have a problem. Merry Christmas and God bless you.

Yes let me be a holier than thou Pharisees for speaking the truth Then you that is observing or celebrating the commandment of men(catholic church) is now what
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by falopey: 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
Makuos:

Yes let me be a holier than thou Pharisees for speaking the truth Then you that is observing or celebrating the commandment of men(catholic church) is now what
Guy, Catholic started the same easter and new year you celebrate. Abi Jesus asked us to celebrate them? Early Christians didn’t celebrate new year and easter. In fact the Bible says all days are full of evil. So I don’t understand why we celebrate 365 days of evil as described by the Bible. Why can’t you address that.

Also in Sunday worship. The Bible verses you quoted are out of context. Bible is clear on day of worship which is Saturday. Go back to that 1 cor 16. Paul was not talking about worship there. You just beating about the bush to drive home your point. Bible is clear on day of worship.

Also the book of act you quoted did not say it’s a tradition of the disciples to gather first day of the week. That singular meeting is not a commandment to start doing the same for life. The disciples did gather on other days apart from first day of the week too.

Was the day of Pentecost when the apostles gathered also first day of the week? Bible is clear on Saturday. Sunday worship is a creation of men like you said. But today’s Christians will say it’s nothing wrong manipulating Bible to justify it like you did.
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Greatzeus(m): 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
colly22boy:

� you family have already used your head to Renew their juju for next year...
born throw way ☺
Chai see painment grin
You called everyone on Nairaland useless,and you are ranting about a joke. Idiot
Useless boy,those worms go bite ur stomach tire today grin
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
falopey:
Guy, Catholic started the same easter and new year you celebrate. Abi Jesus asked us to celebrate them? Early Christians didn’t celebrate new year and easter. In fact the Bible says all days are full of evil. So I don’t understand why we celebrate 365 days of evil as described by the Bible. Why can’t you address that.

Also in Sunday worship. The Bible verses you quoted are out of context. Bible is clear on day of worship which is Saturday. Go back to that 1 cor 16. Paul was not talking about worship there. You just beating about the bush to drive home your point. Bible is clear on day of worship.

Also the book of act you quoted did not say it’s a tradition of the disciples to gather first day of the week. That singular meeting is not a commandment to start doing the same for life. The disciples did gather on other days apart from first day of the week too.

Was the day of Pentecost when the apostles gathered also first day of the week? Bible is clear on Saturday. Sunday worship is a creation of men like you said. But today’s Christians will say it’s nothing wrong manipulating Bible to justify it like you did.

You are talking out of point! Does New year has anything to do Jesus Christ...But u people claim easter and christmas has something to do with Jesus Christ Yet no where in the Bible either by example, or by command where Jesus or the apostles celebrated Easter and christmas....the only celebration or feast that got to do with Jesus Christ and was commanded is to commemorate His death through the observance of Lords supper!!!
Like I said, u are talking out of point. Whether Paul is talking about worship or not, the facts remains that the disciples/apostles gathered first day of the week....no record or example in the new testament where they were still observing the sabbath day Infact, it was even Paul the apostle that said "let no man therefore judge you for not observing the sabbath days"!!!
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
Omooba77:
Christmas remains the best season of the year all over the world!
Christains celebrate it because it marks the birth of Jesus Christ the Saviour of the World.
Even unbelievers observe the period of yultide as a time of holidays, rest and travelling.
Also most developed countries see it as a season for sales in most of their shops.
Majorly it is a period of celebrations.
Merry Christmas and may we all find fulfillment in Jesus Christ the reason for the season!

Just count Jesus Christ out Ma. Please.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/bible-about-christmas/
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Omooba77: 5:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
AgricSalt:

Just count Jesus Christ out Ma. Please.
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/bible-about-christmas/
Jesus is the main reason sir and Iam a man. Merry Christmas
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by falopey: 5:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
Makuos:

You are talking out of point! Does New year has anything to do Jesus Christ...But u people claim easter and christmas has something to do with Jesus Christ Yet no where in the Bible either by example, or by command where Jesus or the apostles celebrated Easter and christmas....the only celebration or feast that got to do with Jesus Christ and was commanded is to commemorate His death through the observance of Lords supper!!!
Like I said, u are talking out of point. Whether Paul is talking about worship or not, the facts remains that the disciples/apostles gathered first day of the week....no record or example in the new testament where they were still observing the sabbath day Infact, it was even Paul the apostle that said "let no man therefore judge you for not observing the sabbath days"!!!

Jesus did not observe any day other than sabbath in the same New Testament.. Sabbath is an express God’s commandment that Jesus kept. I don’t know how the voice of Paul now sweep under the carpet the voice of God. And undermine the practice of Saturday worship by Jesus himself. Is it Paul we worship or God and Jesus Christ. Whose example superced the other? Paul or Jesus. Think about it. If the practice of Paul is in contrast with what Jesus Christ himself practice, you need to know that one should be chosen over the other. But today’s Christians will chose the one that suits their conveniency. Which you have done. Choosing the opinion of Paul over the commandment of God and what Jesus practiced and never condemned.

While I do not condemn any day of worship. Read Roman 14:5

One man esteemeth one day above another; another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

The same way Paul ask us let no man judge you for not observing sabbath. You too don’t judge anyone for observing whatever day they want to esteem over the other. Let everyone be fully persuaded in his mind as to which day to celebrate.

Since you are not persuaded you are celebrating the birth of Jesus, let those who are persuaded celebrate it right the same way you are persuaded that Sunday worship is right over Saturday that God’ himself commanded and Jesus observed.

Reason For Creating Islam Section With Ridiculous Conditions / What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? / Knowing What Your Chi (guardian Angel) Is Capable Of Doing

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54