Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! (10123 Views)

David Ibiyeome's Church To Become Largest Auditorium Worldwide / No Controversy; Christmas Remains The Best Season All Over The World! / Christmas: The Hypocrisy Of Protestants (2) (3) (4)

Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Mechejy: 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
Omooba77:
Christmas remains the best season of the year all over the world!
Christains celebrate it because it marks the birth of Jesus Christ the Saviour of the World.
Even unbelievers observe the period of yultide as a time of holidays, rest and travelling.
Also most developed countries see it as a season for sales in most of their shops.
Majorly it is a period of celebrations.
Merry Christmas and may we all find fulfillment in Jesus Christ the reason for the season!
yes oo my good friend.during armed forces remembrance day in some countries they use Christian hynms.if they want to do something world wide na Christian song.it is only during this time that whether changes.Even the atheists are happy though may not celebrate.The entire world really feels and are compulsorily happy cause JESUS is LORD of all, KING OF KINGS, MASTER OF masters. besides HIS religion doesn't kill people either by suicide or bomb. JESUS IS LORD EVER.
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Mechejy: 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
CallMeNJay:
For naija the Christmas gat no merry in it

few months ago buhari unnecessarily gave public holiday for one muslim feast which I cant remember. but aisha hassan and others reacted against it.buhari didnt cause fuel scarcity as petroleum minister but now it is Xmas see scarcity.This buhari should understand that as pharaoh failed in fighting God, so he has failed. shameless man
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makuos: 5:25am On Dec 26, 2017
falopey:

Jesus did not observe any day other than sabbath in the same New Testament.. Sabbath is an express God’s commandment that Jesus kept. I don’t know how the voice of Paul now sweep under the carpet the voice of God. And undermine the practice of Saturday worship by Jesus himself. Is it Paul we worship or God and Jesus Christ. Whose example superced the other? Paul or Jesus. Think about it. If the practice of Paul is in contrast with what Jesus Christ himself practice, you need to know that one should be chosen over the other. But today’s Christians will chose the one that suits their conveniency. Which you have done. Choosing the opinion of Paul over the commandment of God and what Jesus practiced and never condemned.

While I do not condemn any day of worship. Read Roman 14:5

One man esteemeth one day above another; another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

The same way Paul ask us let no man judge you for not observing sabbath. You too don’t judge anyone for observing whatever day they want to esteem over the other. Let everyone be fully persuaded in his mind as to which day to celebrate.

Since you are not persuaded you are celebrating the birth of Jesus, let those who are persuaded celebrate it right the same way you are persuaded that Sunday worship is right over Saturday that God’ himself commanded and Jesus observed.

So where did Jesus observed Sabbath day and commanded His disciples and followers to observe same in the New Testament? Sabbath days were only applicable to the Jews in old testament just as circumcision, animal sacrifice, clean and unclean meat...or do u also observe or practice circumcision, animal sacrifice, clean and unclean meat? Because if you keep the whole law and offend in one then you are guilty of all!!!
Christ death on the cross brought an end to most of these Jewish practices that is why God spoke through paul and has these to say in the new testament:-

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days" Colossians 2:16

"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind" Romans 14:5

Now you are using Romans 14:5 which is meant for worshipping God any day of the week and not celebrating a particular day in the name of christmas that has nothing to do with Jesus or God....any feast or celebration that has something to do with Jesus is commanded in the bible. Here we are talking about something that has to do with Jesus Christ that has biblical base. So stop quoting scriptures out of context to defend your ignorance....Romans 14:5 has nothing to do with observing unbiblical celebrations but has to do with worshipping or serving God any day of the week(it has to do with normal days of the ways)!!!
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Mryacks: 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
Omooba77:
Christmas remains the best season of the year all over the world!
Christains celebrate it because it marks the birth of Jesus Christ the Saviour of the World.
Even unbelievers observe the period of yultide as a time of holidays, rest and travelling.
Also most developed countries see it as a season for sales in most of their shops.
Majorly it is a period of celebrations.
Merry Christmas and may we all find fulfillment in Jesus Christ the reason for the season!

You said it all...I just so love the season..
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by Makanjuola89: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Lordspenzo:

Nobody said Jesus was born on the 25th December
So when was he born?
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by vicadex07(m): 12:53am On Jan 03, 2018
OtemAtum:
I used to enjoy Christmas when I was a kid. But as time goes on, childish things went away. Nowadays, I celebrate Niklas(Nicolas), one of the great people who predicted our civilisation, but was hated by the early christians who predicted end of the world in that period because they thought that our days with our awesome civilizations and technology will never come to reality.

How can I learn of this new realities from you in person. I am sincerely fed up with Christianity.
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by colly22boy(m): 10:23am On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! by colly22boy(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2020

Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? / Prepare Your Family For Rapture / Knowing What Your Chi (guardian Angel) Is Capable Of Doing