Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago (45160 Views)

Man Buys His Wife A Private Jet As Christmas Gift: Video / Pakistani Man Buys Land On Moon As Wedding Gift For His Wife / Man Buys Wife N20M Range Rover After 10 Years Of Dating And 6 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by HeWrites(m): 1:47am On Dec 25, 2017
We all show love to our partners in different ways. For some it’s by being there (physically and emotionally), for others, it’s by buying expensive gifts.

One Nigerian man named Ubong King through his recent act has shown the world that he belongs to the latter category.

He took to Instagram to share how he couldn’t afford a ring when he proposed to his wife in 1995 but today, he has bought a ship and named it after her just to show his appreciation.

I proposed to my wife sometime in 1997 without a ring, while squatting in a friend’s house in #Uyo, #Akwaibom state. She said YES even when she knew that I had nothing. She was discouraged by many to change her mind and was asked a question which she told me “why stay with Ubong when he can’t buy you a bottle of #Coca-Cola”. When she told me I looked up and down, I looked at her and said the choice to stay was her’s… she stayed.

We got married in 2002 and still started by squatting in another friend’s house out of Lagos for about 1yr till I got my #mindset right to get my own house in Alagbado. We had to start with one mattress on the floor, second hand carpet, a ceiling fan and our windows were covered with old newspapers since we could not afford curtains.

I worked as a security coordinator in NBC Apapa, bottlers of #Coca-Cola drinks and all i wanted to do was to be responsible to be able to buy my wife a bottle of #Coca-Cola. The drive to be able to refresh my growing family has helped me to be able to buy my wife and kids Coca-Cola drinks at anytime… In 2015, I decided to buy a vessel from that drive and named it after my wife MV IVYKING. Thank YOU @unyimeivyking for starting me up my drive."

His wife shared her own story;
"The pressure to say ‘no’ mounted heavily, but I wasn’t dissuaded because, it was all external, and the reasons, when I summarized them all pointed to one argument- he didn’t have anything and would not be able to provide for me.

I’d built up enough information on the inside to realize that the lack of material acquisitions is a temporary state of being- anybody’s story can change in an instant, with God in their corner. I dared to trust God with that decision, and He honored my trust. I said ‘yes’ because I saw us building an empire together- our story is just beginning and we will write it someday by His grace. Ultimately, God will be glorified and honored. Thank you @ubongking for honoring your commitment to me and for taking care of the children and I, the way you do. *Now you can buy me many crates of coca-cola drinks* if you so wish"

According to our investigation;
In March 2010, the average price for a geared 500-ton container ship was $10 million, while gearless ships of 6,500 and 12,000 TEU averaged prices of $74 million and $105 million respectively.

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/man-who-proposed-to-his-wife-without.html

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by otipoju(m): 2:10am On Dec 25, 2017
This was when True Love never die... Nowadays True Love's carcass don rotten sotey na only skeleton remain. #Cunny Love ti take over.

42 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by izospindle(m): 2:22am On Dec 25, 2017
meanwhile in the same country another lady is using guys in her life to weigh option like she de play nairabet

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by kepstone: 2:38am On Dec 25, 2017
This kind of story is what we are looking out for. but is this obtainable in this generation were materialism has taken over our society and youths. I honour and celebrate this woman indeed it was a journey of faith she took without no guarantee from her parent, friends and siblings only God and he has honoured her faith and given her all she could ever wish for in a man who had nothing. Truly a good wife co as from the lord.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by MhizzAJ(f): 6:45am On Dec 25, 2017
Nice one
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Belafonte(m): 7:25am On Dec 25, 2017
Some people had their own wedding in Dubai and the marriage no reach six months. While there's nothing wrong with the flamboyance of an expensive ring and a lavish wedding ceremony, it's wiser to put stock in the more important and enduring elements in a marriage.

32 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by sweetetlove(f): 7:33am On Dec 25, 2017
True love never dies, it only gets stronger with time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by jordyspices: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2017
jessica u dey see am wen dey tell u make u stay one place u no gree now u don end up for one corner

2 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by richfriendsng: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2017
mods hw much will I pay so that you guys will move this to frontpage, Our ladies need to learn from her.

3 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by KushyKush: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2017
This is a Message to my future wife.

I'll love you till death do us path smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by favourmic(m): 10:48am On Dec 25, 2017
noting like having a supportive woman as your wife

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by SAMBARRY: 10:49am On Dec 25, 2017
undecided lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by MrImole: 10:49am On Dec 25, 2017
Wao!

The same thing I did for my third wife but the one I bought for her was a beautiful...

....drawing of a big ship.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 25, 2017
Eleyi gidi gan oooo.. People been dey buy range rover, benz give partner, this one go buy ship.. I know say if them auditioned any city, na the city he for kukuma buy for him wife.
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by philtex(m): 10:50am On Dec 25, 2017
Ipob people.

But where is the ship key ?

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2017
shocked
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Elnino4ladies: 10:51am On Dec 25, 2017
Shuperu
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by money121(m): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 25, 2017
hmm Me sef wan do.d same oo
Buh who get sure 10000 odds
I want to.buy happiness.for.myself

2 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by dapsoneh: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2017
Retrospective proposal
So, if in 2002 u were a security officer, how come u could afford a ship in 2015... Your tori get k-leg bro

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Divay22(f): 10:52am On Dec 25, 2017
Wow
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by error4040: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2017
i could not relate to the part where he got the money for the ship

25 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by barallanee(f): 10:52am On Dec 25, 2017
Titanic grin

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by doctokwus: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2017
What did he do to make him able to buy a ship from a security job he was doing less than 20yrs ago?
At this age,with all what we know now,we should be past celebrating unexplained and questionable wealth.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by legendte(m): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2017
Bloggers

Him for buy her planet
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by chronique(m): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2017
Bravo! The wife is the real MVP for not allowing herself to be discouraged even when there were valid reasons physical to the human eyes. Some of us have more than a million times what he had at that time but for some ladies, it doesn't scratch the surface (I'm not trying to blame them though. I think people should be allowed to choose what they want). I hope the man is sane enough to remain loyal and faithful to this woman of virtue he has as a wife. He shouldn't allow the devil into his life.

2 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Mskrisx(f): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2017
Wawuuu
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Vivere: 10:53am On Dec 25, 2017
I just want to know how he moved from being a Security Coordinator for NBC in Apapa, to buying a ship worth 10 million dollars. What exactly did he do?

15 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by pato405(m): 10:54am On Dec 25, 2017
yes yes yes!

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2017
where are those hungry girls that talk about 'future isnt sure'. those ones that think their future is in the hands of a man. dollyjoy abi wetin she call herself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Diso60090(m): 10:55am On Dec 25, 2017
KushyKush:
This is a Message to my future wife.

I'll love you till death do us path smiley

You banana boy i pity the woman
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by datola: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2017
Congratulations and good story bro!

You need to also share how you made it.

This has become necessary to help us learn, and not just marvel over sudden wealth stories of Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You' / Police Arrest Man For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission (photo) / Nigerian Groom & Bride Storm Wedding Reception In Keke Convoy, Photos Stun Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.