Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago (45180 Views)

Man Buys His Wife A Private Jet As Christmas Gift: Video / Pakistani Man Buys Land On Moon As Wedding Gift For His Wife / Man Buys Wife N20M Range Rover After 10 Years Of Dating And 6 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Awoofawo(m): 11:48am On Dec 25, 2017
Glo dey do me strong thing for bodi........where are the village pipu that make me port my monthly data from Airtel to Glo.

My browsing data don enter igba awon Iya!!!
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2017
gnykelly:

this is nigeria. in religion circle we call it miracle.

In common sense circle, we called it corruption.

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by abdulaz: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2017
Vivere:
I just want to know how he moved from being a Security Coordinator for NBC in Apapa, to buying a ship worth 10 million dollars. What exactly did he do?

Did you care to investigate the source of his poverty before going to work as a security coordinator?

Now he has made it you want to investigate the source of his wealth.

Abeg go hustle your own so that e go make headlines.

2 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by walosky(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2017
Vivere:
I just want to know how he moved from being a Security Coordinator for NBC in Apapa, to buying a ship worth 10 million dollars. What exactly did he do?

Bros the thing weak me o!

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Titugirl(f): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2017
lexy2014:
I heard that when bill gates was still building computers in his fathers garage, his the gf left him cos she felt he didnt have a future and maybe vision
That's because she failed to see his prospects...it takes a woman of vision to identify a man of vision.
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Ogaonos: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
kepstone:
This kind of story is what we are laooking out for. but is this obtainable in this generation were materialism has taken over our society and youths. I honour and celebrate this woman indeed it was a journey of faith she took without no guarantee from her parent, friends and siblings only God and he has honoured her faith and given her all she could ever wish for in a man who had nothing. Truly a good wife co as from the lord.
u dey mind those indomine gals.d moral lesson here is reward/honour ur woman who was nt only wit u but luv nd support u wen u were struggling nd hustling.it also goes 2 ur mother.very imp.
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by lexy2014: 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
Titugirl:

That's because she failed to see his prospects...it takes a woman of vision to identify a man of vision.
d same thing we are saying
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by egopersonified(f): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
Read somewhere about Michelle Obama eating in a restaurant owned by someone who wanted to marry her when Obama was president, and the restaurateur told her if she had married him she would have being a part owner of one of the best restaurants in America. But she said to him that he wouldn't have being a restaurateur but the president.

This story which I can't verify inspires me. It tells me a woman can propel a man to greatness, if greatness was his destination or not. It makes me wake up every day and look at the people around me and I tell myself, you have to get up and go, people's destinies are tied to you, do not fail them even if you fail yourself.

I am an answer someone is waiting for.

5 Likes

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by oreayo2011: 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vivere:

He started a very successful security outfit.Where was Mark Zuckerberg ten years ago.Go and change the world with your own idea.
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by LouisVanGaal(m): 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Divay22:
Wow Nice one
'Wow nice' but can you do it for me?? *Lol*
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by oreayo2011: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
He came from a well to do family but after losing his father before university,he lost his inheritance to hungry relatives.He was accused of being a cultist in university by his relatives and what was left of his family kicked him out.He went from grace to the manure for grass.
God however is always faithful as his story is one of restoration through absolute trust in God.He worked for reputable security firms,even though he started his security career as a security man.He is a graduate and applied himself till his experience had formed a launching pad for his own very successful security company.
Do you know how much security contracts with the oil majors and multinationals are worth?Not every rich man is a thief.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
smiley
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Vivere: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
abdulaz:
Did you care to investigate the source of his poverty before going to work as a security coordinator?

Now he has made it you want to investigate the source of his wealth.

Abeg go hustle your own so that e go make headlines.
If you do not have the answer to the question, why not just keep quiet instead of exposing your acute ignorance and emptiness? So everyone who has money should be worshipped, without knowing the source of his wealth? You think everyone is as gullible as you??
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by abdulaz: 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vivere:

If you do not have the answer to the question, why not just keep quiet instead of exposing your acute ignorance and emptiness? So everyone who has money should be worshipped, without knowing the source of his wealth? You think everyone is as gullible as you??

That’s what you guys are good at here, insults.

Who talked about worshipping him for his money.
Must we know the source of his wealth, whether the wealth is clean or unclean, let God be the judge.

When everything is now good, they all appear making suggestions on how the money should be spent.

This is one of the reasons I don’t help people in need, when I was hustling for my money, where were they?

Mind you, I’m well educated and ok in my own little way, I don’t depend on anyone for anything.
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Vivere: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
abdulaz:
That’s what you guys are good at here, insults.

Who talked about worshipping him for his money.
Must we know the source of his wealth, whether the wealth is clean or unclean, let God be the judge.

This is one of the reasons I don’t help people in need, when I was hustling for my money, where were they?

Yes, we must know the source of his wealth. In every sane society, such things are important. Or else you would find criminals flaunting wealth, and people applauding them. Or you may even find yourself doing business, with some one whose wealth was acquired illegally. And the day the punishment for his evil deeds comes knocking, you may end up partaking in his punishment because you benefited from his ill-gotten wealth. That is why kidnappers like Evans were able to operate undetected, for so long.
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by abdulaz: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vivere:

Yes, we must know the source of his wealth. In every sane society, such things are important. Or else you would find criminals flaunting wealth, and people applauding them. Or you may even find yourself doing business, with some one whose wealth was acquired illegally. And the day the punishment for his evil deeds comes knocking, you may end up partaking in his punishment because you benefited from his ill-gotten wealth. That is why kidnappers like Evans were able to operate undetected, for so long.

Ok I got your drift.

Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by ijayebonyi(f): 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nawaooo, ship?
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by rhames(m): 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
HeWrites:
We all show love to our partners in different ways. For some it’s by being there (physically and emotionally), for others, it’s by buying expensive gifts.

One Nigerian man named Ubong King through his recent act has shown the world that he belongs to the latter category.

He took to Instagram to share how he couldn’t afford a ring when he proposed to his wife in 1995 but today, he has bought a ship and named it after her just to show his appreciation.

I proposed to my wife sometime in 1997 without a ring, while squatting in a friend’s house in #Uyo, #Akwaibom state. She said YES even when she knew that I had nothing. She was discouraged by many to change her mind and was asked a question which she told me “why stay with Ubong when he can’t buy you a bottle of #Coca-Cola”. When she told me I looked up and down, I looked at her and said the choice to stay was her’s… she stayed.

We got married in 2002 and still started by squatting in another friend’s house out of Lagos for about 1yr till I got my #mindset right to get my own house in Alagbado. We had to start with one mattress on the floor, second hand carpet, a ceiling fan and our windows were covered with old newspapers since we could not afford curtains.

I worked as a security coordinator in NBC Apapa, bottlers of #Coca-Cola drinks and all i wanted to do was to be responsible to be able to buy my wife a bottle of #Coca-Cola. The drive to be able to refresh my growing family has helped me to be able to buy my wife and kids Coca-Cola drinks at anytime… In 2015, I decided to buy a vessel from that drive and named it after my wife MV IVYKING. Thank YOU @unyimeivyking for starting me up my drive."

His wife shared her own story;
"The pressure to say ‘no’ mounted heavily, but I wasn’t dissuaded because, it was all external, and the reasons, when I summarized them all pointed to one argument- he didn’t have anything and would not be able to provide for me.

I’d built up enough information on the inside to realize that the lack of material acquisitions is a temporary state of being- anybody’s story can change in an instant, with God in their corner. I dared to trust God with that decision, and He honored my trust. I said ‘yes’ because I saw us building an empire together- our story is just beginning and we will write it someday by His grace. Ultimately, God will be glorified and honored. Thank you @ubongking for honoring your commitment to me and for taking care of the children and I, the way you do. *Now you can buy me many crates of coca-cola drinks* if you so wish"

According to our investigation;
In March 2010, the average price for a geared 500-ton container ship was $10 million, while gearless ships of 6,500 and 12,000 TEU averaged prices of $74 million and $105 million respectively.

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/man-who-proposed-to-his-wife-without.html

True love is still here on earth. Madam,thanks for appreciating that golden man. May God prolong your lives and live to enjoy the full benefits of true love. God Bless you.

Meanwhile my girlfriend just sacked me when I could not buy her #100 recharge card for Xmas.

There is God Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Kooldon(f): 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
I Still Believe The Moment For A Bachelor To Have A True Wife Material Is When He Has Nothing.
Thanks Ivy For Bringing Out The King In Ubong.
Happy Anniversary

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Freeman59: 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
So he bought her a Nigerian Navy ship??
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by badmrkt(m): 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
[quote author=doctokwus post=63592005][/quote] typical of you, always out looking for the slightest opportunity to show the world how challenging it is for you to use your brain. You had to insult your entire leanage to pass a your msg? How reattrddded can you be?
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
It will be hard to find such today, it's more a generational mindset,back then they prob were patient, but with our instant gratification generation, who has that patient ? Not impossible it will be extremely rare to see such.
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by hypnotic(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
meanwhile check out our store, we have cool discounts this christmas

https://hadassahlingerie.smemarkethub.com/products/christmas-deals/
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Drsheddy(m): 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vivere:

He's an entrepreneur he own the HALOGEN SECURITY COMPANY also a motivational speaker and a dangerous giver.
Get that and stop thinking in another way round.

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by okk4sure: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
Highly inspiring!
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by histemple: 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
dapsoneh:
Retrospective proposal
So, if in 2002 u were a security officer, how come u could afford a ship in 2015... Your tori get k-leg bro

I have been thinking too. What exactly happened?

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Vivere: 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
Drsheddy:
He's an entrepreneur he own the HALOGEN SECURITY COMPANY also a motivational speaker and a dangerous giver.
Get that and stop thinking in another way round.
Thinking in what other way round? A person whose name you have never heard off before, buys a ship worth 10 million USD, wouldn't you be curious to know how he was able to do so? Is it a crime to ask questions about a person's source of wealth?? shocked
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
Viking007:
"The lack of material acquisitions is a temporary state of being- anybody’s story can change in an instant, with God in their corner." -

The fact that a woman wrote this is impressive.
bro that my mail I can't reach it..
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by princejones(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
What an inspiring message to our ladies
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by jimjemo: 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
Incomplete story , we were left in suspense as we were eager to know what turned around the situation , as some of us are feeling helpless in our situation !
Re: Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago by doctokwus: 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
badmrkt:
typical of you, always out looking for the slightest opportunity to show the world how challenging it is for you to use your brain. You had to insult your entire leanage to pass a your msg? How reattrddded can you be?
I should have guessed I was responding to a mentally reta rded specie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You' / Its Children's Day: Upload A Picture Of Your Baby And Send Him/her A Shout Out. / Nigerian Groom & Bride Storm Wedding Reception In Keke Convoy, Photos Stun Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.