Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria (58238 Views)

Poll: Are you interested in the hot air balloon experience?

Yes: 79% (23 votes)
No: 20% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Customized Balloon / Where Can I Get To Buy Helium Gas For Balloon Decoration? / Balloon Decoration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2007
simple logic tells us he could have just dropped a hint > thanks for giving me this idea(very good), since i have the resources i can start before you< tongue
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2007
The Internets are full of free ideas. The development of that idea into a business is what cannot be stolen.

Supposing I have 40,000 dollars (which I don't have), will I really spend all of it on importing an expensive hot air balloon when I don't have faith in the business? Would someone who has 40,000 dollars not have ideas of his own? Come on. Why would I as a risk-averse investor want to waste all my money on an unproven idea?

Only after you start running the business, and people can see you making money, will they start copying.
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by osegwu(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2007
Please, I am interested
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by goldmay(m): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2007
I meant final stage becasue NCCA and the rest of the aviation bodies had been taken to inspect our craft ,before i met the post on the forum.
also WE HAD SIGNED UP DEALS WITH AD COMPANIES BEFORE MY POST.
I agree with you that idea could be stole n the internet, it capital intensive and i think you need to get some form of commitment form you sponsor before trying this in Nigeria which we did.

Nigeria is a big market , so you could come onboard.
Expecting you soon

Best wishes
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:31am On Mar 10, 2007
My argument that "only after you start running the business, and people can see you making money, will they start copying" has failed to sink in. I lack the ability to convince people of simple facts. cry
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2007
erm dont take this serious

it was just an idea like any other idea out there.
i might research this as my final year project and if its good and i got some energy to chase sponsors cool if not, i'll like to get on one when im in nigeria grin
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by kellorah: 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2007
it's a fantastic idea
it's good for tourism
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2007
Thanx Kellorah kiss
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by obong(m): 11:57pm On Jun 17, 2007
wouldnt the balloon need a pilot and FAAN approval. i think it would be akin to running an airline. you may have to go through the government first
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:43am On Jun 18, 2007
The government knows absolutely nothing about hot air balloons, so what benefit will their approval bring?
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by initiator(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2007
@ loverbwoy
i guess i saw this thread late. But we can integrate ur idea into a broader tourism package which we've been on and share the risks. If u still come acros this mail chidi@369concepts.com
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Cotton(m): 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2007
LoverBoy

Ur idea is good, but unfortunately Nigeria is not ready. The issue of pricing is very material. 10,000 is a lot of money to kill in one hour. Do no use those concerts that sellout for 25k as a benchmark because such shows are usually not profit oriented. They are marketing promos sponsored by corporate giants. A lot of the people who attend have complimentary tickets. I personally have never attended but everybody I know that has never paid for their ticket.

You must remember that over 90% of smart businesses started here don't last till their next rent is due. This is due to the escalating cost of doing business here. What happens when there is no gas for the balloon or the gas is adulterated or some other unforseen event?

I would suggest that it forms part of an overall tourism package because it would attract customers who appreciate the thrill. Alternatively, as a medium for advertising, it stands some chance of success.

Most naija no go gree enter air balloon o! Most girls go ask for the cash instead.

Hard facts of life in Naija.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2007
obong:

wouldnt the balloon need a pilot and FAAN approval. i think it would be akin to running an airline. you may have to go through the government first

True, i did a little research and some companies selling the balloons provide training for pilots as part of the deal. I think the FAAN will need to approve the flights too.

initiator:

@ loverbwoy
i guess i saw this thread late. But we can integrate your idea into a broader tourism package which we've been on and share the risks. If u still come acros this mail chidi@369concepts.com
go ahead mate its just an idea, you can make me the MD of this department though grin
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2007
Cotton:

LoverBoy

your idea is good, but unfortunately Nigeria is not ready. The issue of pricing is very material. 10,000 is a lot of money to kill in one hour. Do no use those concerts that sellout for 25k as a benchmark because such shows are usually not profit oriented. They are marketing promos sponsored by corporate giants. A lot of the people who attend have complimentary tickets. I personally have never attended but everybody I know that has never paid for their ticket.

Thats true another plan will be to approach those companies that want to offer customers some sort of gift/prize to offer half price tickets for a balloons ride; they pay 'us' the full price and offer it to customers as complimentary gifts free or half price

You must remember that over 90% of smart businesses started here don't last till their next rent is due. This is due to the escalating cost of doing business here. What happens when there is no gas for the balloon or the gas is adulterated or some other unforseen event?
I understand that, one will probably have to buy some land outright as the landing/flight base. Sign an exclusive long term contract with gas supplier(s).

I would suggest that it forms part of an overall tourism package because it would attract customers who appreciate the thrill. Alternatively, as a medium for advertising, it stands some chance of success.
Yes, thats part of the plan. places like obudu,mambilla plateau* and abuja will be included

LB
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by obong(m): 3:31am On Jun 20, 2007
i have heard of safari hot air ballons, where you can take it over yankari game reserve and look at the animals. just dont run out of petrol while up there :-)
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by poske(m): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2007
hey goldmay and loverboy,
I had this idea 4yrs ago, welldone goldmay for acting on it. I will not mind working with u guys in the engineering aspects (monitoring) of it. As u know these ballons even 4 of them only can deliver internet access to the whole nation (wimax) any way in the tourism and advert side is also very good and lucrative. Its all about ur license approval after that u will be laughing. That is one asset that if maintained well, the rest is history

I can even help arrange other crafts for u if u need. wink wink at a good price.
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by burner: 4:53pm On May 20, 2008
Hi Loverboy,
I know it's like one year ago when you launched your idea of ballooning in Nigeria.
Well, if you are still interested, you may talk to me, as I am one of the few few men ever who has flown balloons in Nigeria.
This was in december 06 and january 07. In my country, I run my own balloon company for the last 8 years, so I have all the answers to your questions.
Greetings
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:32am On May 21, 2008
burner:

Hi Loverboy,
I know it's like one year ago when you launched your idea of ballooning in Nigeria.
Well, if you are still interested, you may talk to me, as I am one of the few few men ever who has flown balloons in Nigeria.
This was in december 06 and january 07. In my country, I run my own balloon company for the last 8 years, so I have all the answers to your questions.
Greetings

who provided the balloon you flew in during your vacation?
did you get any special license before flying?

what country are you from?

I'm loverbwoy
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by burner: 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2008
Hi loverbwoy,
I am from Spain, and I actually worked (not vacation) for 2 months for the NACA and the INEC, flying balloons with their banners on them for advertisement.
To fly balloons you may have a pilot's license.
The amazing thing: the balloons are in Nigeria.
Do you want to know further Let me know!!
Greets
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by Femstar: 11:33am On Sep 15, 2008
To Burner,

did u say hot air ballons exist already in nigeria?

Give us some details abt where they are pls?
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by tpia: 9:09am On Feb 16, 2009
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2009
You see i could have been a popular millionaire by now with expanding business grin

77% in favour not bad at all wink
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by onoja12: 10:26am On Oct 18, 2009
i hate to bust your bubbles hot air balloons are already in Nigeria,theres a company in Abuja representing a Spanish company here in Nigeria they flied for PDP and INEC during the last election,also my former company which i worked for also ran the same service in Lagos,Kano and kaduna in which case i was the operations director,i must tell u first Nigerian wind is a problem secondly you going to have months of wait for approval from NCAA cause they dont have a frame work covering hot air balloon yet,so what they would do in the end is combine the frame work for telecommunication mast and planes which would at the end give you a limited flying radius and lost of flight bills.anyway wish you luck but you need very experienced hands and it not child play but one advertisement on your balloon and you would recover.
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by MrOribi: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2009
some one recomended these business, you can check it out www.soneztradingcompany..com
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by GTay(m): 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
obong:

i have heard of safari hot air ballons, where you can take it over yankari game reserve and look at the animals. just dont run out of petrol while up there :-)

LOL grin Imagine running out of fuel over a lion pride shocked
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by faoogoke(m): 11:24am On Nov 17, 2009
I have thought of this idea before now but got struck getting it going. I stay in Abuja and I bet you it will be a great place to let the ballons fly. A lot of foreigners resident in the country would love to board and even Nigerians. I will love the experince.
I suggest to talk to the tourism ministry of the Lagos state government. They can secure flight paths for the hot air ballon and will be willing to assist you. Also, talk to the tourism ministry at the federal level. I would love to ride however but not for an hour. It's beautiful up there.
Please don't stop. Go ahead. You will definately make it.
Think also of having sky diving. My very best wishes.
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2009
onoja12:

i hate to bust your bubbles hot air balloons are already in Nigeria,theres a company in Abuja representing a Spanish company here in Nigeria they flied for PDP and INEC during the last election,also my former company which i worked for also ran the same service in Lagos,Kano and kaduna in which case i was the operations director,i must tell u first Nigerian wind is a problem secondly you going to have months of wait for approval from NCAA cause they dont have a frame work covering hot air balloon yet,so what they would do in the end is combine the frame work for telecommunication mast and planes which would at the end give you a limited flying radius and lost of flight bills.anyway wish you luck but you need very experienced hands and it not child play but one advertisement on your balloon and you would recover.

Hot air balloons exist but not for leisure activities, this is full scale recreational/tourism/advertisement

what's the name of this former company abi u dey lie for us?
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by alicianna(f): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2010
, Wow, Go for it. Having personally experienced the ride, it's a thrill!!! I do think it would thrive Naija!
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by alicianna(f): 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2010
**** in Naija.
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by wesan123(m): 7:49pm On Mar 10, 2010
Mr LoverBwoy,
Call me on 07056663070 on the Hotairl Balloon Business.
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:02am On Mar 11, 2010
^^^ same shyte different days

call you for what? what exactly do you want to discuss?

Nigerians should learn how to do business jare, always quick to post phone numbers like it's hobby
Re: Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria by wesan123(m): 3:19am On Mar 11, 2010
Dis Guy:

^^^ same shyte different days

call you for what? what exactly do you want to discuss?

Nigerians should learn how to do business jare, always quick to post phone numbers like it's hobby

Mr Dis Guy,
For being able to surf the web, I believe you must have gone to a 'school' (which school, I don't know and don't care to know; whether you pass thru the school or it pass thru you I don''t know as well) BUT I strongly believe and HOPE that you TRY hard to kindly apply common sense to your postings/replies PLEASE, No hard feelings just the simple truth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / 51-Year-Old Nigerian Bought As A Toy By A Rich White Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.