Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (38875 Views)

Shiite Muslims Attend Christmas Service In Zaria, Present Gift / Muslims Visit Church In Nasarawa; Celebrate Christmas With Christians / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by enemyofprogress: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Forget all this pretense, they are humble now because they want our sympathy and support against their terrorist shia brothers.

They should dump islam altogether and find succour in the redeeming blood of Christ.

Besides, you can't be sane and be a Muslim
good talk. All of them are the same, bunch of terrorists

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Majesty08: 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Religious tolerance. Here are trending pictures of Shiite Muslims who gathered in their numbers to celebrate the Christmas with Christians in Jos, Plateau state. The Muslims in the spirit of the festivity - joined other Christians at the Cathedral Church for series of events marked the celebrate Christmas as they even posed for pictures afterwards.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/shiite-muslims-join-christians-celebrate-christmas-church-jos-photos.html

Birds of a feather
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Majesty08: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
Tugsramm:
av u ever been to mosque nd rejected.u just talk out of sense.christians traveling a long distance journey ar allow to pass their night inside mosque so nt al eggs are bad

So many churches in kano city when you can hardly fine one mosque in Enugu.........hypocrite set of human beings

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Sikariyelwa: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
JESUS IS NOT GOD. HE IS A MESSENGER OF GOD. THE JEWS WHO MISUNDERSTOOD HIM THOUGHT HE WAS GOD. AND SO THEY PASSED THE WRONG VERSION OF THE RELIGION TO YOU PEOPLE. IF YOU TAKE JESUS AS GOD YOU WILL ENTER HELL FIRE. MANY CHRISTIANS NEVER BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD. READ JERUSALEM BIBLE THEY NEVER BELIEVED JESUS IS GOD. READ COPTIC CHRISTIANS BIBLE THEY NEVER BELIEVED JESUS IS GOD.. SO WORSHIPING JESUS IS IDOLATRY.. JESUS IS A MAN. IF YOU DIED IN CHRISTIANITY YOU GO TO HELL.

2 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Fundamentalist: 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2017
drakeli:
So you are saying the Sunnis are the one breeding terrorists ba? Christianity is the real peaceful religion. So maybe Shiite are peaceful too.

Christianity was peaceful during the crusades when they killing people in the name of Jesus.

Thank God for history

2 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by oxiide22(m): 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
Aunty how market?
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Tugsramm(m): 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
enemyofprogress:
abeg make we hear word. Muslims are too extreme in everything they do. A ten year old Christian boy was seriously beaten by some Muslims in my area, just for touching their Qur'an.
wat ur reaction i bet u just watched.i av similar experience when i was young, my friends nd i we were playing bal beside a church fence mistakenly d bal flew over nd pastor seized our bal burnt it nd he gv us 15 strokes cane.our parent reported d mata to d police d man was arrented cos we were injured.so every religion av their bad eggs

2 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by drakeli: 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Fundamentalist:

Christianity was peaceful during the crusades when they killing people in the name of Jesus.

Thank God for history
Crusade and jihad exited side by side to fight each other. Then was crusade and jihad. Crusade was provoked by jihad. Crusaders were not fighting infidel like Muslims. They were only fighting Muslims invaders in their territory.

Crusade was meant to drive away terrorist Muslims waging jihad that invaded Christian Europe and Jerusalem. You Muslims provoked the crusade by invading Christian territory.

But that’s history. Muslims are the one still living in the Stone Age of jihad in 21st centuries. Christians have moved on.

9 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hope they searched dem fr bombs

2 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by oxiide22(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
H

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by belloabd1914(m): 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
Besides, you can't be sane and be a Muslim[/quote]

U can't be sane to make such a post... Bigot
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Fundamentalist: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
drakeli:
Crusade and jihad exited side by side to fight each other. Then was crusade and jihad. Crusade was provoked by jihad. Crusaders were not fighting infidel like Muslims. They were only fighting Muslims invaders in their territory.

Crusade was meant to drive away terrorist Muslims waging jihad that invaded Christian Europe and Jerusalem. You Muslims provoked the crusade by invading Christian territory.

But that’s history. Muslims are the one still living in the Stone Age of jihad in 21st centuries. Christians have moved on.

Since you know history more than me kindly give us a link to you claim
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Forget all this pretense, they are humble now because they want our sympathy and support against their terrorist shia brothers.

They should dump islam altogether and find succour in the redeeming blood of Christ.

In order words

The grandparents of Femi Otedola was not sane
The fathers of pastors Ashimolowo and Bakare were not sane, right

Christians! weird people
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Just imagine how tolerant Christ and Christianity is!

A Muslim woman on hijab is allowed to mount the pulpit and handle the microphone to address congregants while a Yoruba Muslim cannot be allowed to lead prayers in any mosque dominated by the Hausa's because they are inferior Muslims and considered to be an abomination to Allah.

Pretentious tolerance in church
On Nairaland, are you?
At the bar, are you?
In public school, are you?

You really are a PDP troll, masquerading as a tolerant christian

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
lionjungle3000:
Shiite muslims are good muslims. I know them personally; they are very tolerant and moderate. Not like Sunnis

Let me see your post condemning the attack on them by Jonathan/Minimah in 2014
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by drakeli: 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
Fundamentalist:

Since you know history more than me kindly give us a link to you claim
Crusades were fought against Muslims invaders not infidels. History of crusade is all over the internet like history of jihad killing infidel. Before you blame crusade, blame the Muslim jihad that provoked it.

Crusade is a self defense to protect western civilization against barbaric Muslims jihadist that wanted to bring them back to Stone Age. Besides, crusade lasted for a short period of time unlike jihad that we still see till this day.

http://dcc.newberry.org/collections/the-crusades-motivations-administration-and-cultural-influence

Introduction
The Crusades were a series of religious and political wars fought between 1096 and 1291 for control of the Holy Land. Pope Urban II initiated the First Crusade (1096–1102) in order to aid the Christian Byzantine Empire, which was under attack by Muslim Seljuk Turks. As a result of this crusade, Europeans captured Jerusalem in 1099. Muslims quickly unified against the Christian invading and occupying force and the two groups battled in subsequent wars for control of the Holy Land. By 1291 the Muslims firmly controlled Jerusalem and the coastal areas, which remained in Islamic hands until the twentieth century.
[/b]
The crusading movement involved men and women from every country in Europe and touched upon almost every aspect of daily life, from the Church and religious thought, to politics and economics. It also found its way into the arts, as patrons and artists from diverse backgrounds and traditions were brought together to create new forms of expression. Frescos, mosaics, sculptures, and even coins reflected a blend of Western (Latin/Catholic) and Eastern (Byzantine/Eastern Christian) traditions. Crusaders appeared in histories as well as in French and German epic poetry from the twelfth century, such as the Chanson d’Antioche, an account of the 1098 siege in Antioch.

3 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by adedehinbo(m): 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
tecnolad:

I was once not allowed to go near a mosque; a guy in his late 20s signalled me to go back. Mind you, there was no special program holding. I only wanted to say hi to a friend.
Broda that's a big lie,u can't be single out of the persons entering the mosque without any negative signs which Muslims forbids,its either u wanted to enter the mosque with ur sandals on
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
sureheaven:
Because they know Christianity is the true religion of peace. The accept they jesus christ as their lord and savior they are save. May their prayers be answered in Jesus name.

Hahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYAV2V_5Hqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFiMUvplEwo
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by adedehinbo(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
[quote author=adedehinbo post=63624597]Broda that's a big lie,u can't be single out of the persons entering the mosque without any negative signs which Muslims forbids,its either u wanted to enter the mosque with ur sandals on
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2017
tianshie:

Good point. However, when I lived in Kebbi, my Yoruba roommate was allowed to lead prayers, because he spoke excellent Arabic.

Don't mind him
Their strategy is division, division
Muslims don't point out the difference between the Catholic and Pentecostals, do they?
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by iyerikan12: 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:

In fact, what they did is absolutely prohibited in Islam.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
Eze2000:

You guys never make stop laughing. You always think what happen in your area holds in the rest of world and attack others knowledgeable people who say different.

I am Christain but I promise you I have heard d complaint of Hausa domination of prayer grounds and centers before. in fact this is the forth time I,m hearing it.

But we did not hear of the battle to ensure that a Northerner did not succeed Pastor Oritsejafor as CAN president?
You started it, oh!
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
BenzEne1:

We know you folks are tolerant. Tolerant enough to label all muslim violent when a few elements with Islamic claims carry out acts of terror. But when Christians carry out terror attacks you dont point at the entirety of christianity. That's how tolerant and hypocritical you are.

When a black man carried out a violent act in the US, we are told how they are low lifes etc
When a white man does that, we start hearing about mental health issues
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
Tugsramm:
i don't knw were u see dis ur opinion . D mosque in my area a female is allowed to address congregants nd they ar given chance to hold meetings nd pray without any male

@ bolded ; you see your life nah

It is a wicked father that has a daughter and allows her to remain a Muslim.

Islam Hates Women

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BetaThings: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
enemyofprogress:
let's talk about the Christian terror attacks, you start, by the time you give us 5 Christian terror attacks,we will give you millions carried out by Muslims.

Your terror attacks are just like nuclear attack compared to attack with AK 47 by Muslims

1. The invasion of Iraq by America - that is a country carrying out attack on a whole country
How many attacks

2. Rwanda genocide

3. Vietnam war
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
BetaThings:

When a black man carried out a violent act in the US, we are told how they are low lifes etc
When a white man does that, we start hearing about mental health issues

All Muslims are terrorist sympathizers.
Only Muslims Are Terrorists
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by bedspread: 2:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
perryy:

The only way to confess Christ is doing good. If they do good , be they Muslims or Christians, or even babalawo , they are all going to heaven if it exists.
No bro/Sis... UR GOODNESS OR MORALITY OR RELIGIOUSNESS WITHOUT ACCEPTING AND CONFESSING JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR IS SIMPLY AN ACT OF PHILANTHROPY..

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by BenzEne1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
enemyofprogress:
let's talk about the Christian terror attacks, you start, by the time you give us 5 Christian terror attacks,we will give you millions carried out by Muslims.

The point is there are terror attacks carried out by Christians. You don't see us labelling christians terrorists.

This is culled from wikipedia

There is no universal agreement on the definition of terrorism. Various legal systems and government agencies use different definitions. Moreover, governments have been reluctant to formulate an agreed upon and legally binding definition. These difficulties arise from the fact that the term is politically and emotionally charged. In the United States of America, for example, Terrorism is defined in Title 22 Chapter 38 U.S. Code 2656f as "premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents." According to Matusitz (2013), terrorism includes the following:

It is the use of violence or threat of violence in the pursuit of political aims, religious, or ideological change.
It can be committed by governments, non-state actors, or undercover personnel serving on the behalf of their respective governments.
It reaches more than the immediate target victims and is also directed at targets consisting of a larger spectrum of society.
It is both mala prohibita (i.e., crime that is made illegal by legislation) and mala in se (i.e., crime that is inherently immoral or wrong).
The following criteria of violence or threat of violence fall outside of the definition of terrorism.

Wartime (including a declared war) or peacetime acts of violence committed by a nation state against another nation state regardless of legality or illegality that are carried out by properly uniformed forces or legal combatants of such nation states.

Reasonable acts of self-defense, such as the use of force to kill, apprehend, or punish criminals who pose a threat to the lives of humans or property.

Legitimate targets in war, such as enemy combatants and strategic infrastructure that are an integral part of the enemy's war effort.
Collateral damage, including the infliction of incidental damage to non-combatant targets during an attack on or attempting to attack legitimate targets in war.

There are many reasons as to why there is no universal consensus regarding the definition of terrorism. Angus Martyn in a briefing paper for the Australian Parliament has stated that "The international community has never succeeded in developing an accepted comprehensive definition of terrorism. During the 1970s and 1980s, the United Nations attempts to define the term foundered mainly due to differences of opinion between various members about the use of violence in the context of conflicts over national liberation and self-determination." These divergences have made it impossible to conclude a Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism that incorporates a single, all-encompassing, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism.

Going by this and not the western media propaganda you can see that acts of terror can be linked to as much christians as muslims. It is nonsensical to point Hamas as a terrorist group for example and leave out the invasion and murder of Iraqis by the US on the pretext of rooting out weapons of mass destruction. Why don't you consider that an act of terror and label the Bush administration in same vein.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by drakeli: 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
BetaThings:

Your terror attacks are just like nuclear attack compared to AK 47 by Muslims

1. The invasion of Iraq by America - that is a country carrying out attack on a whole country
How many attacks

2. Rwanda genocide

3. Vietnam war
So you are so educated such that you can’t distinguish between religion violence and political violence. All you put up there are political unrest or war not religious.

Rewanda is tribal political war. Hutu vs Tutsi

Vietnam is war against communism which is political.

Iraq, political too on the notion tha sadam has nuclear weapons though found to be not true. And atrocities he committed against tribal Iraqi.

3 Likes

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Fundamentalist: 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
drakeli:
Crusades were fought against Muslims invaders not infidels. History of crusade is all over the internet like history of jihad killing infidel. Before you blame crusade, blame the Muslim jihad that provoked it.

Crusade is a self defense to protect western civilization against barbaric Muslims jihadist that wanted to bring them back to Stone Age. Besides, crusade lasted for a short period of time unlike jihad that we still see till this day.

http://dcc.newberry.org/collections/the-crusades-motivations-administration-and-cultural-influence

Introduction
The Crusades were a series of religious and political wars fought between 1096 and 1291 for control of the Holy Land. Pope Urban II initiated the First Crusade (1096–1102) in order to aid the Christian Byzantine Empire, which was under attack by Muslim Seljuk Turks. As a result of this crusade, Europeans captured Jerusalem in 1099. Muslims quickly unified against the Christian invading and occupying force and the two groups battled in subsequent wars for control of the Holy Land. By 1291 the Muslims firmly controlled Jerusalem and the coastal areas, which remained in Islamic hands until the twentieth century.
[/b]
The crusading movement involved men and women from every country in Europe and touched upon almost every aspect of daily life, from the Church and religious thought, to politics and economics. It also found its way into the arts, as patrons and artists from diverse backgrounds and traditions were brought together to create new forms of expression. Frescos, mosaics, sculptures, and even coins reflected a blend of Western (Latin/Catholic) and Eastern (Byzantine/Eastern Christian) traditions. Crusaders appeared in histories as well as in French and German epic poetry from the twelfth century, such as the Chanson d’Antioche, an account of the 1098 siege in Antioch.

I don't want to dereail I would create a thread for this soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady "Vomits Cockcroach" As T.B Joshua Prays For Her In His Church (pics) / Six Benefits Of Evangelism / RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.