Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

George Weah Wins Liberia's Presidential Election! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / George Weah Wins Liberia's Presidential Election! (472 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets George Weah, Liberian President-Elect / Soccer Legend, George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Elections / BREAKING! Ex-chelsea And Man City Star, George Weah Wins Liberia Election (2) (3) (4)

(1)

George Weah Wins Liberia's Presidential Election! by NigeriaGIST(m): 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
George Weah has been declared winner of the presidential election in Liberia which took place yesterday December 26th. The retired footballer defeated his 73-year-old opponent, Vice President Joseph Boakai to become the 25th president of Liberia. The result of the election was announced today Wednesday, December 27th.

An excited Weah took to his twitter handle to appreciate his family, friends and well wishers for their support during and after his campaign

"I am deeply grateful to my family, my friends, and my loyal supporters who contributed to our campaign during this extremely long election season," he wrpte on twitter

Weah is set to replace Africa’s first female head of state, economist and Nobel Peace Prize winner Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

Weah is a former AC Milan International and also the first African footballer to win the FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or.

Source @ http://www.premiumpaynigeria.com/2017/12/george-weah-wins-liberias-presidential.html

cc; lalasticlala , mynd44 , Fynestboi , MissyB3

Re: George Weah Wins Liberia's Presidential Election! by leverage(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
Oga we don hear stop repeating news
mtchew
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia's Presidential Election! by Mynd44: 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2017

(1)

Nigeria To Stop Importation Of Fuel In 2019-femi Adesina / Favoring The North - 1955 / This Is Where Nigeria Is Standing In 2018 -aroms Aigbehi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.