Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem (602 Views)

The Greatest Insult To Nigerians Is PDP Seeking Return To Power —archbishop / President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians Is An Embarrassment - Ozekhome / We Nigerians Dont Want To Be Identified As Africans No More... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Chetimah(m): 9:43am On Dec 28, 2017
#Fuel_Scarcity

I have said it times without number that we are the problem of ourselves in this country.

Have you read what the independent petroleum marketers association of Nigeria through its operation controller Mike Osatuyi said this morning about the only solution to this fuel bouhaboha?

Okay, Let me gist you..

They can no longer import and sell fuel at N145 per litre, as the amount is no longer feasible with the current exchange rate.

They want government to provide them a foreign exchange at a special rate solely before they can import.

They said they can only resume importation if and only if exchange rate to a dollar is N250 before they can sell at N145 per litre government insisted they should be selling.

They said they can no longer sell for N145 per litre at an exchange rate of N305 per dollar. Hence the price should be increased to either N167 or N170 per litre.

----
My concerns and worries.....

I would like to ask, how much is the current exchange rate now compare to what we use to know before February this year? I remember exchanging a dollar for 350 early this year. And the same petrol stood at N145 per litre then.

Why do they have to wait till yuletide period (December) before this? Remember they tried to do what we are witnessing now last year december but they failed.

Since 1999 till date, I can confidently say that it was only last year Nigerians did not witnessed fuel scarcity in this country. The first ever since we returned to democratic dispensation.

Some of you might be astonished while am used to using 1999 as a microcosm to juxtapose my narratives. It was just because i was old enough then to think and reason well as a person. As a secondary school student then, you're no more a baby.

You see, what’s happening now has been pre-planned. They know what they are doing. Their plans weren’t successful last year, hence this one.

The only fuel that is been consumed in the country as I write are product been imported by NNPC. NNPC is the only one importing for weeks now, Hence the difficulties in circulation across the length and breath of Nigeria.

They are giving government conditions before they can import fuel. Are fuel marketers the only people doing foreign business in Nigeria that has to do with dollar?
Why must they be treated separately?

They said crude price had increased to $59 per barrel at international market and has made the landing cost enter subsidy. Imagine? They want government to subsidize for them by all means.

They also failed to talk about the naira that has also appreciated. When naira was N350 per dollar they were comfortable selling for N145. When same naira is now N305 per dollar, they can no longer sell for N145 unless the price is increased to favour them. Smart people.

You see, I’m just telling you this for you to know the kinda country me and you lives in.
Many of us don’t just know what’s happening.
Your enemies are within.
May God save Nigeria from Nigerians!

@Better Nigeria
Let's preach love
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Gentle034(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2017
It's very disheartening, All an Average Nigerian does or think is how to Daduba a fellow Nigerian.
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by ednut1(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2017
Chetimah:
#Fuel_Scarcity

I have said it times without number that we are the problem of ourselves in this country.

Have you read what the independent petroleum marketers association of Nigeria through its operation controller Mike Osatuyi said this morning about the only solution to this fuel bouhaboha?

Okay, Let me gist you..

They can no longer import and sell fuel at N145 per litre, as the amount is no longer feasible with the current exchange rate.

They want government to provide them a foreign exchange at a special rate solely before they can import.

They said they can only resume importation if and only if exchange rate to a dollar is N250 before they can sell at N145 per litre government insisted they should be selling.

They said they can no longer sell for N145 per litre at an exchange rate of N305 per dollar. Hence the price should be increased to either N167 or N170 per litre.

----

I would like to ask, how much is the current exchange rate now compare to what we use to know before February this year? I remember exchanging a dollar for 350 early this year. And the same petrol stood at N145 per litre then.

Why do they have to wait till yuletide period (December) before this? Remember they tried to do what we are witnessing now last year december but they failed.

Since 1999 till date, I can confidently say that it was only last year Nigerians did not witnessed fuel scarcity in this country. The first ever since we returned to democratic dispensation.

Some of you might be astonished while am used to using 1999 as a microcosm to juxtapose my narratives. It was just because i was old enough then to think and reason well as a person. As a secondary school student then, you're no more a baby.

You see, what’s happening now has been pre-planned. They know what they are doing. Their plans weren’t successful last year, hence this one.

The only fuel that is been consumed in the country as I write are product been imported by NNPC. NNPC is the only one importing for weeks now, Hence the difficulties in circulation across the length and breath of Nigeria.

They are giving government conditions before they can import fuel. Are fuel marketers the only people doing foreign business in Nigeria that has to do with dollar?

They said crude price had increased to $59 per barrel at international market and has made the landing cost enter subsidy. Imagine? They want government to subsidize for them by all means.

They also failed to talk about the naira that has also appreciated. When naira was N350 per dollar they were comfortable selling for N145. When same naira is now N305 per dollar, they can no longer sell for N145 unless the price is increased to favour them. Smart people.

You see, I’m just telling you this for you to know the kinda country me and you lives in.
Your enemies are within.

@Better Nigeria
Let's preach love
after "subsidy" was removed the private importers stopped importing, only NNPC imports fuel now with landing price of 171 per litre which NNPC bears that loss. so ur analysis is void. the issue here is the margin these marketers are making is too small unike what they have been used to. anyways all we do is wail and comply later. when dangote refinery starts operation i trust him to tell us cost of production id 250 per litre and nothing would happen, he did it with cements too

1 Like

Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Desyner: 11:43am On Dec 28, 2017
For the over 60 years we have had oil, what is stopping us from having 3 million bpd refining capacity if not sabotage ?

Same NNPC that can't run 450,000 bpd refineries just two weeks ago declared they are planning to build pipelines all the way to Kano and power plants totalling 4,000mw, in Abuja, kaduna and kano. In a nation that is battling with under utilization of its workforce refineries would create jobs, save forex, spur the system etc but for 60 years sabotage has truncated all those juicy opportunities.
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Desyner: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2017
ednut1:
after "subsidy" was removed the private importers stopped importing, only NNPC imports fuel now with landing price of 171 per litre which NNPC bears that loss. so ur analysis is void. the issue here is the margin these marketers are making is too small unike what they have been used to. anyways all we do is wail and comply later. when dangote refinery starts operation i trust him to tell us cost of production id 250 per litre and nothing would happen, he did it with cements too
What stops govt from having 5 dangote refinery equivalent ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by ednut1(m): 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
Desyner:

we had/have 4 which are dead/ in camatose
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Gerrard59(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
Desyner:

Governments don't operate refineries. That's left for private investors, the government only acts as a regulator.
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
98% of Nigeria's problems are self-inflicted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32eInxqubw

Chetimah:
#Fuel_Scarcity

Okay, Let me gist you..

----

Your enemies are within.

@Better Nigeria
Let's preach love
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by DLondonboiy: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
Buhari is the problem with Nigeria...Remove Buhari from the equation and we are 70% almost there...
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Desyner: 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
Gerrard59:

Governments don't operate refineries. That's left for private investors, the government only acts as a regulator.
lies
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Sapeleboy911(m): 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
And who told you that?
Government is supposed to provide an enabling environment , for the private investor to come in. Just like what the op said, Nigeria problems are self inflicted. As a matter of fact Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.
Down from the presidency to the beggar on the street. All an average Nigerian think about is how to swindle you for his or her selfish interest. Both petroleum marketers and the Nigeria government are all evil. They are all evil, all they care about is their own interest.
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Bollinger(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
DLondonboiy:
Buhari is the problem with Nigeria...Remove Buhari from the equation and we are 70% almost there...

Lol. Buhari is 1% of your problems in Nigeria. The ordinary citizens in Nigeria accounts for the remaining 99%.
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by UncleJudax(m): 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
Desyner:

Dangote IS The Government, by proxy. When He finally Starts refining, you can be assured that The Public refineries are gone For good...or sold to Dangote or His proxy.

This is how Nigeria operates.
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Desyner: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
UncleJudax:

Dangote IS The Government, by proxy. When He finally Starts refining, you can be assured that The Public refineries are gone For good...or sold to Dangote or His proxy.

That's the point. Monopoly can be worse than the current situation.
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Gerrard59(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
Desyner:
lies

Name a developed place where governments own/operate refineries and they are operated efficiently. Thanks.
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by hardywaltz(m): 12:20am On Dec 29, 2017
Chetimah:
#Fuel_Scarcity

Okay, Let me gist you..

----

Your enemies are within.

@Better Nigeria
Let's preach love

Early this year the price of crude was less than $42/barrel therefore the landing cost of PMS a derivative from crude was cheaper.

Now with crude approaching $65/barrel the price of PMS has also increased. Which is the reason for this fuel scarcity.

When crude was 110/barrel during GEJ'S tenure he was forced to increase the cost of PMS coz the price was also high at the international market
Re: How We Nigerians Is Our Own Problem by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2017
UncleJudax:

it was sold to him before, yar adua reversed it

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do In This Situation? - Pic / What God Told Me About Nigeria Is Shocking - Tunde Bakare / Why We Have Rodents In Aso Rock'' – Permanent Secretary, Jalal Arabi Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.