Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,366 members, 7,864,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others (419 Views)

Edo House Crisis: Senate Panel Report Indicts Obaseki,gives Governor Fresh Terms / Senate Suspends Ministerial Screening / Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others by DONSMITH123(m): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
In a bid to end the ongoing fuel crisis and the untold hardship it is presently unleashing on Nigerians, President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Thursday, directed the Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream) to cut short its recess and immediately convene a meeting with industry stakeholders.

Chairman of the Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream), Senator Kabiru Marafa, who disclosed this in Abuja, said following the directive, the Committee has summoned the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Maikanti Baru and other relevant stakeholders in the petroleum sector to a crucial meeting on Thursday, January 4, 2018.

He further added that the meeting, which will be held in the Senate Hearing Room 221 and its proceedings aired live on the Nigerian Television Authority, is meant to address the lingering fuel scarcity bedevilling the nation in the last few weeks with a view to putting a complete stop to the unsavoury development.

The Senate, which is presently on Christmas and New Year break is billed to resume Committee work for budget defence on January 9, and commence plenary on January 16.

Cc: lalasticlala,

http://punchng.com/fuel-crisis-senate-suspends-recess-summons-kachikwu-nnpcs-gmd-others/
Re: Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others by eezeribe(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
Why didn't they summon the minister of petroleum(Buhari)
Re: Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others by dukie25: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
eezeribe:
My guess is they didn't summon him because of his legendary dullardness. I mean President Dullard didn't even know he was 75yrs until told so by his doctors.
Re: Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others by iamJ(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
eezeribe:
my mum is igbo so i'm igbo but i dont think like una, because education touch me, wen una start biafra under kanu, i knew that it wouldnt work, i adviced the few i could talk to, buhari did the needful, nw una dey hate on am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy what were u expecting? that he shld allow kanu to continuing making noise? una new plan now its to attack him on social media, he will neva see ur insults, he will still win 2019 use una head biko

the entire east didnt vote for him and he won cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy east will neva develop, if una continue this madness, 900k votes in the east will neva win election for anybody in nigeria, na why nobody dey look for igbo man as running mate, ever
Re: Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others by dukie25: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
[s]
iamJ:
my mum is igbo so i'm igbo but i dont think like una, because education touch me, wen una start biafra under kanu, i knew that it wouldnt work, i adviced the few i could talk to, buhari did the needful, nw una dey hate on am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy what were u expecting? that he shld allow kanu to continuing making noise? una new plan now its to attack him on social media, he will neva see ur insults, he will still win 2019 use una head biko

the entire east didnt vote for him and he won cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy east will neva develop, if una continue this madness, 900k votes in the east will neva win election for anybody in nigeria, na why nobody dey look for igbo man as running mate, ever
[/s]
Re: Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others by Ken4Christ: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
Medicine after death. After the sabotage has been done on the Christmas celebration.
Re: Fuel Crisis: Senate Suspends Recess, Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others by Mynd44: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2017

(1)

Killings: FG Asks ECOWAS Court To Reject Ai’s Report By Kanu / Nigeria Security Must Stop Killings Our Youths In Rivers/middle Belt – IPOB / Gov Udom Swears In New Ssg, Preaches Love, Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.