Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? (1629 Views)

2015 Election : Who Is To Honour As "The Politician Of The Year?" / ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces And Remembrance Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by shadrach77: 11:31am On Apr 06, 2010
just like it happened with the American elections two years ago, the British election is here - the date has been set for May 6th. It would be nice to know would Nigerians love to see on the British hotseat - the incumbent Gordon Brown or conservative candidate David Cameron? - Discuss grin

Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by uktrader: 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2010
BNP
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Sunofgod(m): 2:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
BNP - grin
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by lelele: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2010
@UKTRADER
GET LOST, WE DNT NID U HERE U DNT HV A DEGREE! GO BVAK 2 SKOOL! PLEASE DO!
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2010
We never tackle naija election finish guys dey look british election.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Tats(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2010
What about Nick Clegg? Where is his picture?

Just got my voters card delivered today.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2010
My wife and I are Labour voters.

Liberal democrats are an 'anything goes party'.

Conservative leaning to the right nowadays.

Labour, middle ground.

BNP will be consigned to the dustbin of history this election, mark my Word.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Omolulu(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
I would love to see Clegg or Brown in office, Cameron would be another Margret Thatcher
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by vanitty: 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2010
We are all voting Labour, probably won't win but . . . .
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by pappilo(m): 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
Labour
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by paddylo1(m): 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
David Cameron
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by mantraa: 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
I'll be voting for the lib dems for their policies which include;

Closing millionare fat cats tax loopholes which are losing the country billions in revenue,
2 million pound mansion tax,
limiting bankers bonuses to £2500 and separating investment banks from high street banks .
Raising the amount you can earn before paying any income tax to £10000.
(People earning less than £100000 will be on average £750 better off annually.)
Cutting back on the amount of trident nuclear missiles we have, saving the country more billions in spending.
Plus they were the only main party who saw through the lies of Tony Blair and George Bush and were against the invasion of Iraq.
And they have put all the figures and calculations in their manifesto to be examined, which none of the other parties have done.

I hope they win and bring about the real change in politics that britain needs, like what happened in america
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by paddylo1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^^^

Jeez u cant get more radically left wing than that,
PS Obama will loose the november elections
and if he is not careful will also lose in 2012. . .

So much for change
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by 4Play(m): 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
I tend to lean conservative, so the Tories will be a natural choice for me. The country is running huge deficits and racking up debts. If the next Govt fails to demonstrate serious commitment to tackle the deficit, the market will take fright leading to rising bond yields and major economic crisis. Of the 3 parties, the Tories seem most committed to tackling the deficit but even their policy seems half-hearted.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Ibime(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2010
Labour have gotten complacent in power. 13 years is long enough for one party. . . . Im not a voter, but if I did, my choice would be Conservative.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Gamine(f): 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
The British elections are so dry.
No matter who goes into power, the country is doomed.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by mantraa: 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2010

We're all doooomed!!! grin
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Sauron1: 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
shadrach77:

just like it happened with the American elections two years ago, the British election is here - the date has been set for May 6th. It would be nice to know would Nigerians love to see on the British hotseat - the incumbent Gordon Brown or conservative candidate David Cameron? - Discuss grin

Personally, i want BNP to win. grin
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2010
Gamine:

I believe the country is dry itself. lol jk
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by chic2pimp(m): 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2010
~Sauron~:

Personally, i want BNP to win. grin
Me sef jare grin
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Sauron1: 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2010
chic2pimp:

Me sef jare grin

I'm 100% certain you will be amongst the first deportees to be sent back to Oyingbo. grin grin grin grin
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by chic2pimp(m): 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2010
~Sauron~:

I'm 100% certain you will be amongst the first deportees to be sent back to Oyingbo. grin grin grin grin
Me ke lai lai dem no fit grin grin grin
I am a British Citizen. I get leg pass Nick Griffin gan sef cheesy cheesy cheesy

You nko abi no be you I see for that Borderforce documentary grin
Gbenga oya log off before dem trace you reach peckham grin grin
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Sauron1: 11:17pm On Apr 19, 2010
chic2pimp:

Me ke lai lai dem no fit grin grin grin
I am a British Citizen. I get leg pass Nick Griffin gan sef cheesy cheesy cheesy

British wetin?
I nor pity you. U think rubbing $50 RED dye on your Naija passport is the solution?

You nko abi no be you I see for that Borderforce documentary grin
Gbenga oya log off before dem trace you reach peckham grin grin

U still dey brag?
How many times did i visit you @ Heathrow deportation camp some months back?
Nor make me expose your yansh o.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by paddylo1(m): 11:20pm On Apr 19, 2010

Spoken like true cynic. . . .
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by DisGuy: 11:28pm On Apr 19, 2010
4 Play:

I tend to lean conservative, so the Tories will be a natural choice for me. The country is running huge deficits and racking up debts. If the next Govt fails to demonstrate serious commitment to tackle the deficit, the market will take fright leading to rising bond yields and major economic crisis. Of the 3 parties, the Tories seem most committed to tackling the deficit but even their policy seems half-hearted.  

You are having a laugh!!! by cutting everything including the NHS and Police bugdet

Thank goodness for that debate, showed that smallie cameron for what he is, a dithering dither!!

Why do most black people/immigrant vote for Labour? undecided

I'm voting for Kemi Adegoke in Dulwich and
that umamah guy in Streatham grin
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by uktrader: 5:52am On Apr 23, 2010
To keep the English Identity and culture. Vote BNP or UKIP.

All third world Africans should be sent back to build their own economy and society.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Devonian(m): 12:12pm On Apr 23, 2010
I am responding to the OP as someone who originally came to the UK to study, and who before settling permanently here, had experienced studying under the Conservative Party—led by Margaret Thatcher, and the Labour Party—led Tony Blair. My response as well as my decision to vote for the LABOUR PARTY is therefore informed largely by Opportunities which labours gives to people like me to maximise their potentials to the fullest capacity in an environment which engenders professional development and growth.

The Conservative Party under Margaret Thatcher (TO HELL WITH HER AND THE TORIES)

1) Foreign students, under the Conservative Party (led by Margaret Thatcher) were prevented from working both during term times and during holidays
2) Under the Conservative Party, any foreign students who, upon graduation, wished to obtain work permit to work legally in the UK had to return to their country of origin first and then apply for work permit.  In some cases, it was simply not possible for such graduates to return to the UK to take those jobs.
3) Under the Conservative Party, you HAD to bring into the UK all the money for your fees and maintenance, and once you’re done with your degree/course, then, it’s BYE, BYE!
4) Under the Conservative Party, differential fee were introduced, making foreign students pay three times the amount of fee payable by their home counterparts.

The Labour Party under Tony Blair (MAY GOD BLESS HIM REAL GOOD & GIVE VICTORY TO THE LABOUR DURING THIS ELECTION)

1) The Labour Party under Tony Blair made it possible for any foreign students to work part-time during term times and full time during holidays.
2) The Labour Party, under Tony Blair, made it possible for any foreign students, wishing to switch from students visa to work permit to do so without necessarily returning to their country of origin.
3) The Labour Party, under Tony Blair, made it possible for any foreign students (initially those who graduated in the fields of science and engineering, now graduates in any fields) to remain in the UK for at least 1 year to gain Post Graduation/Qualification Work Experience, before returning to their country of origin.
The Labour Party, under Tony Blair, introduced the Overseas Research Scholarship (ORS) Scheme for PhD candidates. The ORS Scheme pays the difference between the Home and International fees, which meant that if your academic profile is solid enough to get the ORS, you, as a foreign student, pay the same fees as home/UK students.

WHICH PARTY WOULD I BE VOTING FOR? THE LABOUR PARTY.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Devonian(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2010
uktrader:

To keep the English Identity and culture. Vote BNP or UKIP.

May I invite you to define what "English Identity and culture is?" Tracing your family tree, whoever you are, how far can we go before fishing out the foreign blood in you? And, what stops you from packing your bag and baggage to return to where your ancestors originally came from before settling down in the UK, enabling you to claim British citizenship. And, whilst still on this matter, may I remind you (and if you don't know may I educate you as to the fact) that Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, the current English Monarch) wasn't born English. Instead, he was born into the Greek and Danish royal families, implying that Price Charles, today's heir apparent to the British throne is half English.

All third world Africans should be sent back to build their own  economy and society.

All former colonial masters, ESPECIALLY THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT should repent and repatriate all they stole and are still stealing from Africa with a view to building those economies and societies.

Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 23, 2010
I intend to vote for the hard-hitting tough-talking tories.
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by otawa: 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2010
who cares?

can this be moved to foreign section?
Re: British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? by Choco5: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2010
who the fck cares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Ileke-idi / The Very Truth About Jos Crisis. U Must Read This! / Fg And Hausa Led Labour Set Plans To Frustrate Innoson Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.