Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? (1517 Views)

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / [MUST READ] COVID-19: 9 Simple Ways To Protect Your Family From The Pandemic / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
From my own bible(NIV), Matthew 19:9 reads thus;

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery.

Here, I think Jesus was in support of divorcing an unfaithful spouse.

Perhaps I have poor comprehension about His saying.

Does anyone have a contrary meaning to mine? Please enlighten me. I have been having a difficult time trying to convince a fellow here.

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by whitebeard(m): 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
KJV also says the same..so yes if ur wife fornicates u can divorce her.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Jossyroyal1: 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
OK... I will explain
Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by PointZerom: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
whitebeard:

Does a married woman fornicates?

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by whitebeard(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
PointZerom:

Does a married woman fornicates?
meaning of fornications means to have sex with someone u ain't married to, so yes a married woman can fornicate.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by MsFaith: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
whitebeard:
If it's the husband that fornicate can the wife divorce him too? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by PointZerom: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
whitebeard:
meaning of fornications means to have sex with someone u ain't married to, so yes a married woman can fornicate.

You mean if a married woman made love with a strange man, she has commited fornication?
Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by whitebeard(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
MsFaith:

If it's the husband that fornicate can the wife divorce him too? undecided
yeah. But I am not advicing u to advice someone to divorce and I am not advicing u to divorce

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by whitebeard(m): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
PointZerom:

You mean if a married woman made love with a strange man, she has commited fornication?
yes

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by PointZerom: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
whitebeard:
yes

Who commits adultry?
Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Fetula4u: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
whitebeard:
yes
adultary bro..
Fornication is ment for those having sex out of wedlock.
But those who are married but having affairs outside are commiting adultary.i no it a bit complicated.

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by whitebeard(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2017
PointZerom:

Who commits adultry?
adultery having sex outside marriage

Fornication to have sex with someone u ain't married to.

So logically a married individuals commits both.

While an unmarried commits fornication.

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by whitebeard(m): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
Fetula4u:

adultary bro..
Fornication is ment for those having sex out of wedlock.
But those who are married but having affairs outside are commiting adultary.i no it a bit complicated.
yeah it really is grin I actually mixed it up a little.

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Fetula4u: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ops,if u have an unfaithful wife not that divorce should b ur next action cuz bible said the Load hate divorce.u can talk to her.report her to her parent.plz divorce should not b an option in this context.

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Fetula4u: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
whitebeard:
yeah it really is grin I actually mixed it up a little.
yea.
Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by PointZerom: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
whitebeard:
adultery having sex outside marriage

Fornication to have sex with someone u ain't married to.

So logically a married individuals commits both.

While an unmarried commits fornication.

Pls stop spreading lies. A married person does not commit fornication but adultry and an unmarried person does not commit adultry but fornication.

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by whitebeard(m): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
PointZerom:

Pls stop spreading lies. A married person does not commit fornication but adultry and an unmarried person does not commit adultry but fornication.

nawa for u negative aura guy I obviously said I mixed it up, read earlier posts, dude chill we are trying to clearify our understanding here, which one is the one that u are saying I am lying now. Abeg chill if u can't go fvck with someone else.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by MsFaith: 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
whitebeard:
yeah. But I am not advicing u to advice someone to divorce and I am not advicing u to divorce
grin ok sir

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by enabledgoddess(f): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
yes, you can divorce an unfaithful partner on the ground that he/she committed adultery. Bible is in support of that. rather than go this way, God still wants us to forgive . if you can't continue with him/her, divorce. God won't force you to remain in an unhappy marriage. forgive and move on if you can't stay put

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
whitebeard:
our pastor wat if d husband fornicate?

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by whitebeard(m): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
Preetiex:
our pastor wat if d husband fornicate?
pls read through the post and don't mention me again, "our pastor" ur first two words say a lot. Pls don't mention me again, and u can't read through the post pls ask another person. I believe both male and female are equal. Have a nice day pls remember don't bother quoting me again..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
whitebeard:
pls read through the post and don't mention me again, "our pastor" ur first two words say a lot. Pls don't mention me again, and u can't read through the post pls ask another person. I believe both male and female are equal. Have a nice day pls remember don't bother quoting me again..

Thanks
hehehe,i quote u wetin u wan do

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
Fetula4u:
Ops,if u have an unfaithful wife not that divorce should b ur next action cuz bible said the Load hate divorce.u can talk to her.report her to her parent.plz divorce should not b an option in this context.
You are right coz two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2017
enabledgoddess:
yes, you can divorce an unfaithful partner on the ground that he/she committed adultery. Bible is in support of that. rather than go this way, God still want us to forgive . if you can't continue with him/her, divorce. God won't force you to remain in an unhappy marriage. forgive and move on if you can't stay put
Very sensible

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2017
Thanks to you all for your contributions
Re: What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? by Artistree: 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
Adegbenro7643:
Thanks to you all for your contributions
Please dont let anyone coerce you into remaining with an unfaithful marriage partner. The bible actually allows you to divorce your spouse on the grounds of adultery. However, there's an OPTION of forgiveness which you CAN decide to take or ignore.
Let not your heart be troubled...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Some Alternatives To Fire Extinguisher At Home / Can I Take Anti-malaria Medication If I'm Pregnant? / Neatly Used Generator For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.