Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Law: Help!!! Lawyers In The House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Law: Help!!! Lawyers In The House (475 Views)

Imo Supreme Court Review: Arguments By Ihedioha And Uzodinma's Lawyers In Court / Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet / FG Hires Lawyers In Saudi Arabia To Facilitate The Release Of Zainab Habib (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law: Help!!! Lawyers In The House by MrNigeria2018: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
Guys, i need your help on behalf of my cousin who was given prison/custodial sentence on a case that is quite civil. They have turned it to criminal case.

My cousin has a travelling agency where people come to buy their international travelling tickets and other related travelling businesses such tourist and student visa.

And he is equally a part time Pastor as well. In recent months, things have been very tough for him as a result of a pending case in court. Below is what happened.

A guy walked to his office to make enquiry about Dubai trip. To cut the long story short, the guy got his visa and off he went. Few weeks after his arrival, he didn’t like it there in Dubai and decided to return home.

He got back to Nigeria and started asking for his money. He said he wanted all his money back. Before you know it, his Mum who is quite influential in the city got involved in Court.

Before he could say Jack Robinson, the first court Judge sentenced him to prison without option of paying the money back. He appealed against, the 2nd judge upheld the first judgement. He appealed that and the case is presently in Federal court...

His wife is losing it with 3 little children. I couldn’t believe that a case of visa ll get to this point of being sent to prison without an option of paying the money which he is willing to pay back instalmentally.

According to them, the woman is quite influential in Ondo state. She knows these judges...I told them to ask their lawyer to ask for case transfer out of Ondo state but due to Jurisdiction issue, i don’t know if the case ll be entertained in another jurisdiction.

Pls, i need lawyers and people who could possibly help this family out. They are at the cliff edge at the moment cos nearly all their money.
Re: Law: Help!!! Lawyers In The House by Lovetinz(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
Please specify the exact charge.
Re: Law: Help!!! Lawyers In The House by Pierohandsome: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
There is something u are not telling us. There is no way the person can travel out and come back to demand his money if nothing was wrong with the visa.

Open up you may get help like gethelp worldwide
Re: Law: Help!!! Lawyers In The House by dokiOloye(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
Prolly collected ego from d client with a promise of resident permit with work permit only for d niccur to reach Dubai and find out he has a tourist/visiting visa and can't work with it.
Tell us d full story first.
Re: Law: Help!!! Lawyers In The House by MrNigeria2018: 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
Pierohandsome:
There is something u are not telling us. There is no way the person can travel out and come back to demand his money if nothing was wrong with the visa.

Open up you may get help like gethelp worldwide

Yes i guess that’s what i happened. My cousin didn’t tell me about it directly but Mum did.

The guy paid #550,000.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Nigerian Sponsor A Bill In The National Assembly? Nairalanders Members / Nnamdi Kanu Family Cries Out..[see Reasons] / Nationwide Killings: We’ve Not Done Enough, FG Owns Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.