Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently (18189 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 10:51am On Dec 29, 2017
joenor:
Oga start small shu... Oghene meh!

Pure Delta breed.
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:
I work with an ICT company, as a technical staff. we train students when it comes to the use of computer softwares. Also we are into computer maintenance.

But there is a bad side of it, I don't get paid on time. and apart from that, the pay is not much despite the huge income that comes into the company from training and repairs of computers and printers. I receive five figure as salary and its not able to cater for my monthly needs. The worst part of it is that I was not given xmas holiday despite the fact that the school is on holiday. and what pains me most I have not been paid December salary and it has made the christmas celebration very bad for me. I think I am just being used to build the organisatiion with low return on my side.

I have thought of quitting the job several times, but another thought comes to me not to. Please niaralanders, I can't keep this decision to my self alone and I need your advice. If you were In my shoes, what will you do?
You better quit that job.... Or are you waiting for a handwritten note from the heavens
Mbok, go and become your boss. You have a good village people, look at the signs before you.
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 10:57am On Dec 29, 2017
reminiscing:

You better quit that job.... Or are you waiting for a handwritten note from the heavens
Mbok, go and become your boss. You have a good village people, look at the signs before you.

whats MBOK. (hope its not your tribal whatever??
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by lexyinfo(m): 10:59am On Dec 29, 2017
Xrayy:

Be careful what you wish for.

Always think big to grow rich
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:

whats MBOK. (hope its not your tribal whatever??
Yes it is my tribal whatever..... Tribal warrior!
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2017
lexyinfo:

Always think big to grow rich
Gbam!!!
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Xmen149(m): 11:15am On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:
I work with an ICT company, as a technical staff. we train students when it comes to the use of computer softwares. Also we are into computer maintenance.

But there is a bad side of it, I don't get paid on time. and apart from that, the pay is not much despite the huge income that comes into the company from training and repairs of computers and printers. I receive five figure as salary and its not able to cater for my monthly needs. The worst part of it is that I was not given xmas holiday despite the fact that the school is on holiday. and what pains me most I have not been paid December salary and it has made the christmas celebration very bad for me. I think I am just being used to build the organisatiion with low return on my side.

I have thought of quitting the job several times, but another thought comes to me not to. Please niaralanders, I can't keep this decision to my self alone and I need your advice. If you were In my shoes, what will you do?

please PM me the Name of organization or address if in lag,.i need to send someone for hands-on training please
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by presskid(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2017
My dear friend,

if you're able to read my comment please take it serious, leaving a job is not easy as it seems or as people talk about how they left their own jobs, we are all different from each other so same application does not work for us all.

Ask yourself, what is going to be your next line of action if you resign your current job, you want to search for a new job or you want to give entrepreneurship a trial because you have the skill, that is certain.

In the recent months I wanted to resign my buciness consulting job, I was even at the bank of the river at that time and prepared to jump, but then I asked my self is this was going to be a wise decision considering the fact that I was not prepared to look for another job, the only thing I wanted to do was to go into business and practice photography on a full time basis. The I realized I needed knowledge which was I sought after.

I read some books both online and printed books, but there was a book I bought, that happens to be the best N2500 I spent judiciously in 2017, it was a book written by Teju Oyelakin (Teju Babyface) "Secrets of the Street" if the book thought me just a thing, it made me understood job transition is not that easy, but for you to take that bold step you need a well devised plan and that was when I reversed my decision of resigning and posted it to a later date.

My advice to you is that do not just wake up on morning and make a drastic decision of resigning, before that you need a plan, if you will be looking for a new employment, you need to be sure the job has been offered to you before you think of resigning and if you will be taking the other path, my friend lets use a new paragraph.

Leaving a salary job to become an entrepreneur is a transition that practically shows a camel through a needle's eye, you wake up every morning knowing your salary will be paid, your time has been booked, even if your're sick, your employer is at the receiving end and you might still get paid, I call it free money. now if you leave, you will have to create a job for yourself, make the money and pay yourself salary and also pay staffs if you have one so what if the business fails, who will be held responsible? you are going to hold yourself accountable. So before you leave your frustrating and annoying job to become and entrepreneur, make a plan of 2years ahead of you, create the future you will be walking into,make sure you are able to save a year salary so that once you're out of job, you can pay yourself that same salary for a whole year while your plan/business grows, do not misunderstand me, this money is not your capital, you also have to arrange for capital on a different side.

To cut my advice short, the simple thing here is that you need a clear plan before you resign and do not base any of your plan on a wishful thinking, our God perform wonders but do not depend on wonders, let wonders be a bonus, one basic thing you can do now is to start something small of your own while you are still employed and make sure your employer knows nothing about this because if they know, you will be fired.

Goodluck.

Omiyale Oladotun
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:

My dear Technical GUY.. you are missing great opportunities where you work. the fact that you did not celebrate christmas the way you wanted is a mute point. Millions had it worse than you and have several months salary arrears that may well not be paid again. You have an opportunity you are not looking at.. You work in a company where you can massively improve your marketability by learning stuff that can take you to greener pastures abroad or anywhere. THINK OF THAT.. do not quit.. only losers quit. winners take advantage of the bad situation
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by jaxxy(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:

Im sure u coy is a sole proprietorship where one boss is the owner and does as he pleases or pays based on how happy he is or the profit made the previous month. I did my IT in my skol days in such coy so i know exactly how they operate and its not funny. Thats how they work so u hv to either plan urself arrnd the situation or prepare ur self too leave conveniently. How to do dis?

1.Save up as much as u can while looking for another better or realistic offer/job

2.if u have to guts and passion for biz save up and work on a biz plan bt if u work for any IT firm there are dozens of biz u can do online and offline if ure smart and u make much better pay and can grow it even further.

My verdict: its not the best place for u bt it depends on u.

Cheers
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by 400billionman: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2017
iHart:

finance is not your major problem. your major problem is fear and indecision

Man wey sabi.

1 Like

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by braine(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
JamieRocks:
Pray to God for a Divine direction!

Seriously?! undecided
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by sirxbit(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2017
JamieRocks:
Pray to God for a Divine direction!
Mr man shut up if you have Notin to say
Divine intervention my foot
Rubbish
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by omorash(m): 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:

Don't quit the Job yet bro
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by David008: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
Capital isn't scarce vision is.

Start your own nomatter how small it is.
Since you can repair and also teach.
During my university days, my classmate was into ict and he days only repair but right now he is making it a but.
So it is up to you.
The rest of The journey is up to you.

Find an ember of purpose and give it a breathe.

START YOUR OWN

CAPITAL IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM.

OR

Maybe The pay you well and you are a wastrel.
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Baffupdrizz(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
Your original discernment was to remove yourself from where you feel you are exploited. Why try to seek public opinions before taking a vital decision? Do yourself a favor and follow your reason. But bear the responsibilities nonetheless. Advert has been noted but stop venting your frustrations on the internet dude!!!
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Umargandu(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
do it quickly and apply for npower
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by pegarsssus(f): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
where are you located?
I have a nursery school that would start operations in January and I would like to have a techie who can teach 3-6 year olds, how to use a computer, if possible how to write code and other things that their brain capacity can take.
Strictly on a part time basis, two times a week of 2hours at most.
( after all we've seen oyinbo 5yr olds hacking)
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by KingMicky3286: 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
iHart:
you train people to acquire skills in software, computer maintenance and printer repairs. The people you train are expected to go and start their own business. Then you repair/fix computers and printers for clients. So you have the skills and now have contacts of customers/clients. What prevents you from starting your own repair and maintenance business? At least that's what you teach others to do, you too can do better...

Thanks for telling him this. If he have ears, let him hear .. Simple.............

1 Like

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
FrenchWay:
... If only I can get a job of even 'four figures' ...

I'd be dancing unclad every morning grin
Your situation don reach this stage Chai

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2017
Xmen149:

please PM me the Name of organization or address if in lag,.i need to send someone for hands-on training please

not in lagos. Plateau to be precise
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2017
pegarsssus:

where are you located?
I have a nursery school that would start operations in January and I would like to have a techie who can teach 3-6 year olds, how to use a computer, if possible how to write code and other things that their brain capacity can take.
Strictly on a part time basis, two times a week of 2hours at most.
( after all we've seen oyinbo 5yr olds hacking)

far North Central
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
presskid:
My dear friend,

if you're able to read my comment please take it serious, leaving a job is not easy as it seems or as people talk about how they left their own jobs, we are all different from each other so same application does not work for us all.

Ask yourself, what is going to be your next line of action if you resign your current job, you want to search for a new job or you want to give entrepreneurship a trial because you have the skill, that is certain.

In the recent months I wanted to resign my buciness consulting job, I was even at the bank of the river at that time and prepared to jump, but then I asked my self is this was going to be a wise decision considering the fact that I was not prepared to look for another job, the only thing I wanted to do was to go into business and practice photography on a full time basis. The I realized I needed knowledge which was I sought after.

I read some books both online and printed books, but there was a book I bought, that happens to be the best N2500 I spent judiciously in 2017, it was a book written by Teju Oyelakin (Teju Babyface) "Secrets of the Street" if the book thought me just a thing, it made me understood job transition is not that easy, but for you to take that bold step you need a well devised plan and that was when I reversed my decision of resigning and posted it to a later date.

My advice to you is that do not just wake up on morning and make a drastic decision of resigning, before that you need a plan, if you will be looking for a new employment, you need to be sure the job has been offered to you before you think of resigning and if you will be taking the other path, my friend lets use a new paragraph.

Leaving a salary job to become an entrepreneur is a transition that practically shows a camel through a needle's eye, you wake up every morning knowing your salary will be paid, your time has been booked, even if your're sick, your employer is at the receiving end and you might still get paid, I call it free money. now if you leave, you will have to create a job for yourself, make the money and pay yourself salary and also pay staffs if you have one so what if the business fails, who will be held responsible? you are going to hold yourself accountable. So before you leave your frustrating and annoying job to become and entrepreneur, make a plan of 2years ahead of you, create the future you will be walking into,make sure you are able to save a year salary so that once you're out of job, you can pay yourself that same salary for a whole year while your plan/business grows, do not misunderstand me, this money is not your capital, you also have to arrange for capital on a different side.

To cut my advice short, the simple thing here is that you need a clear plan before you resign and do not base any of your plan on a wishful thinking, our God perform wonders but do not depend on wonders, let wonders be a bonus, one basic thing you can do now is to start something small of your own while you are still employed and make sure your employer knows nothing about this because if they know, you will be fired.

Goodluck.

Omiyale Oladotun

thanks alot bro.

1 Like

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Showie84(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
iHart:

finance is not your major problem. your major problem is fear and indecision
I agree totally, your problem is not financing, but indecision and fear of the unknown.

You already have the most important thing u need, the necessary skills. you don't need to rent an office space, You can work from home. Apart from hardware repairs, which you can easily negate by having clients pay 50-60% repair fees upfront, the rest is basically software. How do you treat potential customers/clients? How well have you packaged/branded yourself? What is your strategy for reaching out to potential clients?
I won't advise you to resign yet because you don't seem mentally ready yet to run your own business.

You also give the impression that you have a poor savings culture.

1 Like

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by darex2k4: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
Pls ensure you have a better susbstitute before you quit
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Basseybruce: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
iHart:
you train people to acquire skills in software, computer maintenance and printer repairs. The people you train are expected to go and start their own business. Then you repair/fix computers and printers for clients. So you have the skills and now have contacts of customers/clients. What prevents you from starting your own repair and maintenance business? At least that's what you teach others to do, you too can do better...
You've said it all. Thanks.
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by abbasajao(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
FrenchWay:
If only I can get a job of even 'four figures' ...

I'd be dancing unclad every morning grin

May God give you a better job even beyond your expectation

1 Like

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by lereinter(m): 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
before u quit ur job try and listen to one of my favrite song
passanger-let her go

what of if he listens to laurynl hills- lose one gain one
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by lereinter(m): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
how many years ve u been working with the coy

about your dec salary haba dec ends today dont forget u work with a typical nig private coy

yu may leave the job if u are so unhappy with their recent treatment

the excuse that they earn alot and pay little is a shallow thought
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2017
omorash:

Don't quit the Job yet bro
alright..
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by joenor(m): 9:03am On Jan 10, 2018
You can say that again my ginstring.
godfrey01:

Pure Delta breed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Career Choice: All You Need To Know / Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children / Things You Should Never Say To Your Employees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.