Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth (5785 Views)

DONT OPEN IT: Another Unknown Horror Object Found In A Popular Tomato Goes Viral / Madrid Airport Shut As Spain Sees Heaviest Snowfall In 50 Years / Which Of These Is The Heaviest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by ItuExchange(m): 8:06am On Dec 29, 2017
What is the heaviest object on earth?

I’m surprised that the answers are focusing on man-made objects. My first thought is Ayers rock in Australia - known by its Aboriginal name of Uluru. It’s a single object of a uniform geological type, a sandstone slab formed under the ocean and now in the center of Australia, with definite boundaries - so it might be the heaviest discrete rock in the world.

The upper bound of its mass cannot be given because of its huge and unknown depth. It does have an iceberg-type profile. Here are some stats:

348 meters (1,141 feet) high
863 meters (2,831 feet) above sea level
3.6 km long (2.2 miles)
1.9 km wide (1.2 miles)
9.4 km (5.8 miles) circumference around the base
(Source: Uluru Facts - Uluru (Ayers Rock) Australia)

It may also be one of the weightiest cultural sites on Earth. Because it’s not just a rock. It’s a sacred site with a powerful energy that visitors attest to. The aboriginal tribes of the area believe that Uluru was formed by ancestral beings during the Dreamtime. The rock’s many caves and fissures contain ancient rock paintings depicting that time.

P.S. I’ve had a couple of comments about “why not Mt. Everest?” Typically, mountains are not monoliths. Mountains comprise multiple rock strata that have been pushed up by plate tectonics. A couple of other comments told me about Mount Augustus in Western Australia. I’m not a geologist. I don’t know if Uluru really is the most massive. It is the most impressive.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-heaviest-object-on-earth

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: www..com.ng
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by Topestbilly(m): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2017
The evil ones Heart are the heaviest on earth.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2017
angry

∆ How many metric tonnes is it?
You gave us area and other dimensions no density. At least we for calculate am. ∆

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by Sturmbannfuhrer: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2017
No pictures?

The heaviest object on earth should be the Nigerian Government. Holding down the progress of over 180 million people. angry

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by omoiyalayi(m): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2017
Wia is the object?
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by ElRapido: 10:58am On Dec 29, 2017
Sturmbannfuhrer:
No pictures?

The heaviest object on earth should be the Nigerian Government. Holding down the progress of over 180 million people. angry

When it comes to progress please speak for yourself only

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by datfreshdoc(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2017
Sturmbannfuhrer:
No pictures?

baba u dey for that Npower tin Dem no pay u money wey u for use flex this xmas ...hehehehe...
Well u're rite
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by Rockyrascal(m): 11:27am On Dec 29, 2017
The heaviest object on earth is so heavy that it's pictures couldn't be posted.

6 Likes

Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Is the picture of this object too heavy for this thread? Oga, post pictures jare.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by roqrules04(m): 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Do you know how heavy your heart is when you scared? Or going through Anxiety
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
Topestbilly:

The evil ones Heart are the heaviest on earth.

Hmmm....only if they have a conscience
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by okonja(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
OrestesDante:

angry

∆ How many metric tonnes is it?

You gave us area and other dimensions no density. At least we for calculate am.

Don't mind op, he wanna be like explore to promote his blog.
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by twentyk(m): 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
Where picture na.... Iru op woh leleyi
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by Cletus77(m): 12:38am On Dec 30, 2017
The heaviest object in the world is buhari's government weighing down the most populous black nation on earth
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by privatetisa(m): 1:11am On Dec 30, 2017

Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by ituglobal(m): 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2017
Undoubtedly, we love pictures.
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by joinnow: 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2017
Where is explorer to come and help out itu
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by Obakoolex(m): 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2017
ElRapido:

When it comes to progress please speak for yourself only

That's the problem with average minds OYO (on your own)
Until we start speaking with more than one voice
Your progress your own! Our progress Our own!!!
Re: This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth by ElRapido: 10:05am On Jan 07, 2018
Obakoolex:

That's the problem with average minds OYO (on your own)
Until we start speaking with more than one voice
Your progress your own! Our progress Our own!!!

I have no discussion with someone of shallow mind like you, look for someone with a such mindset and discuss with

(1) (Reply)

I Use Different State Of Origin For Waec And Jamb, Will It Affect My Admission. / UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection / Has Reprinting Of JAMB 2018 Exam Slip Begun? Monitoring Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.