Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance (1631 Views)

Ebonyi Emerges First In Southeast Among Best States In Economic Performance / 5 Years Of Buhari Administration: Economic Performance Ratings / President Buhari Reacts Angrily As US Places Nigeria On Watchlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by TRUTHTOPOWER: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2017
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/27/investing/best-stock-markets-2017-world/index.html

the laudable economic policies of PMB APC led government is yielding results and the world is noticing. currently Nigerian public companies out perform US companies in terms of quoted stocks. With more investment comes opportunities of employment for Nigerian youths.

Meanwhile where are the wailing IPOB. It is time to wail again. Baba has done it!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by Afam4eva(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2017
As long as Trump is in the power, even IRAQ will be placed ahead of the US. No be CNN again?

13 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by Harrynight(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by TRUTHTOPOWER: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2017
Afam4eva:
As long as Trump is in the power, even IRAQ will be placed ahead of the US. No be CNN again?

here they come ?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by Desyner: 9:43am On Dec 29, 2017
The are two types of growth. Growth in the middle of flunctuating fortune (the up and down movement) and there is steady growth.
Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by philcz(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2017
How does this translate to me getting a litre of fuel?

10 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by EternalTruths: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2017
Why not.
Hope they know that fuel now sells above #200 and not available for all.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by TRUTHTOPOWER: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2017
philcz:
How those this translate to me getting a litre of fuel?

Ask your economics teacher, child. or just wait till election time to queue behind your enemy's enemy again.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by hardywaltz(m): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Clinton News Network - CNN

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by adetayo234: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

Don't mind CNN. When Trump does anything commendable, they will just mention it in passing, but will focus more on the James Comey's story and threat to sack FBI director and Russian involvement in the past election. They are still hugging those stories as if their lives depend on them even after several months since the events took place. They always manage to find new angle every day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by darfay: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2017
System error I suppose
Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by GavelSlam: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2017
The Nigerian stock market has done exceptionally well this year.

It is only the lazybones that are waiting for one to put bread in their mouths like a crow would its fledglings.

Power supply has improved.

Npower is giving 30k monthly to 200k .

After a while there'll be little excuse for those who cannot roll their sleeves up to work.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by philcz(m): 10:01am On Dec 29, 2017
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Ask your economics teacher, child. or just wait till election time to queue behind your enemy's enemy again.
My boy, if all the economic ratings does not translate into the wellbeing of the populace then it's just plain useless.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by So101: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2017
Papa fit send Pikin to the best school it’s up to Pikin to be best student we need to challenge ourselves to be the best in 2018 I think Buhari is a good President (I never said best, not yet!) shun wailing it’s very distracting wailing no be work!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by DoTheNeedful: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2017
Fake news! I lost all the respect I had for CNN months ago. I am usually scared of any news outlet with obvious agenda.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by KwoiZabo(m): 10:03am On Dec 29, 2017
What happened in the stock Market is exactly what happened to the dollar. Crash it to 520 and recover it back to 360. Compared to 2015 value its stlll a huge mess.

http://punchng.com/stock-market-lost-n1-732tn-one-year-buhari/
Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by cyrilomoh: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by anibirelawal(m): 10:47am On Dec 29, 2017
GOOD
Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by TRUTHTOPOWER: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2017
philcz:
My boy, if all the economic ratings does not translate into the wellbeing of the populace then it's just plain useless.

Come on, child. listen up. This is where your innate talent comes in. are you going to sit on your ass writing CVs and buying data to surf the Internet for bad news about Buhari. or are you going to start investing in cottage businesses. Are you going to print a pamphlet to intellectually articulate your political thoughts to your community or do so online. or are you going to react with shot comments about issues you claim affect your well being? What can you do, child. what have you done in life to help yourself independent of others helping you to help yourself?

Don't get me wrong, little child. The effort, not the success, is the vehicle that will take you to your career goal. so don't you complain of how hard it is to suceed. genuine effort in itself is a Honourable success.

Now look at the populace you mentioned. try to organise them into a political party or and economic movement for their own benefit you will see through thier actions or ommissions that they don't seem to be in urgent need of your help. Try same action with the populace in some clime, you will see how they will rally round anything that will make their lives marginally easier.

So, Son, your economic environment needs you first before the government. you will compel government with legitimate economuc pressure to make favourable policies. There is NO GOVERNMENT IN THE WHOLE WORLD THAT BEGINS FROM BABY-SITTING CITIZENS. IF YOU NAME ONE I PROMISE TO GIVE YOU 50G. of data or its cash equivalent.

So what happens to those countries having it good? A critical mass of CITIZENS usually come together to CHANGE they way they are governed "by laying the foundation of government on such principles and Organizing its powers in such forms as to them shall seem MOST LIKELY to guarantee their Happiness." See 1776 American Declaration of Independence.

200 years after that Declaration, are all American happy? No. in fact Nigerians are even said to be the happiest people in the world! But what is seen is that a critical mass of American citizens are conscious of the that Declaration and they are willing to lay down their lives to ensure that the Declaration is substantially honoured.

Come to the Nigerian populace. Tell me how seriously we take the business of self governance. tell me if social media comments without organised community effort, win or lose, can CHANGE anything.

I hope I am not too hard on you and people like you if you or they miraculously read this far. But then take home is that each silver lining is a sign of life. So the question to ask is not whether you will get fuel. My dear, you won't! At least not sustainably. If you had asked whether by this you can start the process of building your own refinery to make fuel available, I will tell you yes. Best of Luck

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by Abjay97(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2017
Nigeria my home... My country

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by TRUTHTOPOWER: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2017
Where are these gentlemen: Seun, lalasticlala Mynd44 et al when you need them most.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by forghon: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

It is only the lazybones that are waiting for one to put bread in their mouths like a crow would its fledglings.

After a while there'll be little excuse for those who cannot roll their sleeves up to work.
well said boss u re a university let the wailers come and learn.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by Lot13(m): 12:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Truly, the country is on the upward trend and should be sustain and those who are determined and sworn never to see anything good in this government should be ignored . Patriotic Nigerians are watching closely and would speak with their vote at the right time and would not allow those that looted us dry and bring this country down on his knee hijack power again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by goestohell: 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
TRUTHTOPOWER:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/27/investing/best-stock-markets-2017-world/index.html

the laudable economic policies of PMB APC led government is yielding results and the world is noticing. currently Nigerian public companies out perform US companies in terms of quoted stocks. With more investment comes opportunities of employment for Nigerian youths.

Meanwhile where are the wailing IPOB. It is time to wail again. Baba has done it!

You zombies never cease to amaze me with your gullibility.

The CNN report says two things:

1. That the performance of the Nigerian stock exchange is almost exclusively as a result of rising oil prices; and

2. That the best ever recorded performance for the Nigerian stock exchange was in the year 2008 and this was because oil was selling at almost 150 dollars a barrel which is the highest in the history of the oil industry.

So Buhari hàs the power to raise oil prices, but he can't end fuel scarcity and make our refineries work?

Zombies always trying to give undeserved credit to the Daura Cow no matter how stupid it makes them look.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by GavelSlam: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
Lot13:
Truly, the country is on the upward trend and should be sustain and those who are determined and sworn never to see anything good in this government should be ignored . Patriotic Nigerians are watching closely and would speak with their vote at the right time and would not allow those that looted us dry and bring this country down on his knee hijack power again.

I've noticed in recent times how the naysayers have been in overdrive with all manner of negative news.

There has been a syncopation of news such that the negative is amplified whilst the positive is minimized.

How all the theads that highlight the growth of the Nation have also become relegated and bashed with a view to continually subject the people to an air of pessimism.

Nigeria has been out of recession for well over 6 months.

I've been tracking the power supply situation for quite a while and there's no doubt there's been an improved and sustained growth in power across the entire nation.

The same party that did not care about the youth criticise the government for empowering the youth who receive 30k monthly - 200 thousand of them.

The youth should begin to embrace this government and its policies that have given them hope.

Improved power supply should lead to creativity and production.

They should do better in shouting down negativity.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2017
ANIMAL FARM: A MUST READ!

Pardon me, but i think your education is not complete if you've not read George Orwell's Animal Farm. It was a WAEC text for decades... Just to refresh your memories, i visited an online site and pulled these character sketches of three of the major characters from that timeless classic...
I didn't mention anyone's name o! Enjoy the read...

NAPOLEON:
While Jones' tyranny can be somewhat excused due to the fact that he is a dull-witted drunkard, Napoleon's can only be ascribed to his blatant lust for power. The very first description of Napoleon presents him as a "fierce-looking" boar "with a reputation for getting his own way." Throughout the novel, Napoleon's method of "getting his own way" involves a combination of propaganda and terror that none of the animals can resist. Note that as soon as the revolution is won, Napoleon's first action is to steal the cows' milk for the pigs. Clearly, the words of old Major inspired Napoleon not to fight against tyranny, but to seize the opportunity to establish himself as a dictator. The many crimes he commits against his own comrades range from seizing nine puppies to "educate" them as his band of killer guard dogs to forcing confessions from innocent animals and then having them killed before all the animals' eyes.
Napoleon's greatest crime, however, is his complete transformation into Jones — although Napoleon is a much more harsh and stern master than the reader is led to believe Jones ever was. By the end of the novel, Napoleon is sleeping in Jones' bed, eating from Jones' plate, drinking alcohol, wearing a derby hat, walking on two legs, trading with humans, and sharing a toast with Mr. Pilkington. His final act of propaganda — changing the Seventh Commandment to "ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL / BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS" — reflects his unchallenged belief that he belongs in complete control of the farm. His restoration of the name Manor Farm shows just how much Napoleon has wholly disregarded the words of old Major.

SQUEALER:
Every tyrant has his sycophants, and Napoleon has one in Squealer, a clever pig who (as the animals say) "could turn black into white." Throughout the novel, he serves as Napoleon's mouthpiece and Minister of Propaganda. Every time an act of Napoleon's is questioned by the other animals — regardless of how selfish or severe it may seem — Squealer is able to convince the animals that Napoleon is only acting in their best interests and that Napoleon himself has made great sacrifices for Animal Farm. For example, after Squealer is questioned about Napoleon's stealing the milk and windfallen apples, he explains that Napoleon and his fellow pigs must take the milk and apples because they "contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig." He further explains that many pigs "actually dislike milk and apples" and tells the questioning animals, "It is for your sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples."
"Each time the animals complained about excessive hunger and difficulties, Squealer (the clever pig) would tell them that things were much better than the time of the humans (when Mr Jones was in charge). He also would go on to say to them that no matter how difficult things might get, it will never be as bad as when Mr Jones was in charge of the farm. The majority of the animals were very dumb (especially the sheep) and believed everything Squealer told them."

BENJAMIN
As horses are known for their strength, donkeys are known for their stubbornness, and Benjamin stubbornly refuses to become enthusiastic about the rebellion. While all of his comrades delight in the prospect of a new, animal-governed world, Benjamin only remarks, "Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead donkey." While this reply puzzles the animals, the reader understands Benjamin's cynical yet not-unfounded point: In the initial moments of the rebellion, Animal Farm may seem a paradise, but in time it may come to be another form of the same tyranny at which they rebelled. Of course, Benjamin is proven right by the novel's end, and the only thing that he knows for sure — "Life would go on as it had always gone on — that is, badly" — proves to be a definitive remark about the animals' lives. Although pessimistic, he is a realist.
Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by erunz(m): 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nigeria

The Nigerian All-Share index is still miles below record highs set in early 2008, but a 43% rally in 2017 has helped to close the gap.

The index suffered mightily in 2015 and 2016 as low oil prices, militant attacks, currency troubles, elections and Ebola hit investor sentiment.

But oil prices have moved higher, the central bank has made it easier to swap currencies and the economy has snapped out of recession
, explained Zin Bekkali, founder and CEO of Silk Invest.

Many analysts are optimistic that stocks could keep rising in 2018.

"If you look at where we stand today, the [Nigerian] market is still one of the cheapest markets on the planet," said Bekkali.
Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by SalamRushdie: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
CNN not tired of fooling themselves with fake content ..The US stock markets have never been stronger

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CNN Places Nigeria Above US In Economic Performance by lalasticlala(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2017

(1)

PDP Not To Blame For Yusuf Buhari’s Accident – Reno Omokri / Biafran Suit America: US Rejects Nigeria's Defence Of Immunity. / Why Didnt Saraki Defect Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.