Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,473 members, 7,843,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Colonial Shoes Doesn’t Fit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Colonial Shoes Doesn’t Fit (244 Views)

Buhari Doesn’t Need WAEC Certificate To Contest In 2019 –Barrister Adegboruwa / Buhari, Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Colonial Masters, Says Bakare / The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Colonial Shoes Doesn’t Fit by chichichilong(f): 6:23am On Dec 30, 2017
It is normal in this world for one person to influence another, people to influence other people, nation to influence other nations, etc. This influence however, depends on who is being affected. If I admire and am understudying someone, it is my responsibility to copy those qualities in that person that is relevant to me, do away with mine that are irrelevant and ignore those qualities in that person that are not relevant to my purpose. But Nigeria’s case is different. We copied almost their lifestyle and are gradually doing away with our culture. Their most precious culture, which is timeliness, we overlooked. After many years of independence, Nigeria still staggers in the shoes of its colonial masters, their shoes that don’t fit us.
For full essay visit: http://idealolive..com.ng/2017/12/colonial-shoes-doesnt-fit.html

(1) (Reply)

Makarfi Condoles With State Governors Over Killings, Urges FG To Collaborate Wit / #wevoteourchoice2019. / Kwara Governor Urges Kwara Youths To Embrace Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.