Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

When Trump Called Nigeria A Hut - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Trump Called Nigeria A Hut (439 Views)

Impeachment: Now I Know Why Trump Called Us Shithole Country - Ortom (VIDEO) / Donald Trump Called President Buhari 'sir' - Yahaya Bello / "My Nigerian Hut Versus My New York Mansion"; Professor Shades Donald Trump.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Trump Called Nigeria A Hut by Serial48(f): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2017
On Nigeria, President Trump had this to say:

"When they get to America, they never want to go back to their huts in Africa".

Why are you vexed or worked up by that blatantly honest submission right there? � In my opinion , I would say Trump is deliberately ignorant or being mild with the truth because he wouldn't want to stir up the polity. Politics can get messy with unguarded utterances birthing conflict.

But let's discuss this; why do we feel insulted and/or challenged when our realities are thrown right in our face? I may have to define 'hut' in the context used by Donald:

Hut: a terribly shattered and archaic abode. Little or no regard for human right. Low life expectancy rate, high mortality rate. Low living standards. Unavailability of basic amenities, high rate of crime and unemployment. Over blown population and dilapidated structures. Failing health sectors and shamefully low educational standards. Broke and broken people, in mind and in spirit, no matter how wealthy they may get. All this on an average with a tilt towards a higher percentage of the divide.

That � right there was Trump's assertion. And truly, when you experience a sane and working system for as much as a day, who would wanna come back to this hell we call home? To further buttress the point and prove that Trump is very correct, here are some illustrations:

1. Malawian Prophet Bushiri of less than 35 with no job or income, buys a Maserati worth hundreds of thousands of US dollars for his 6 year old daughter.

Think about that for a minute. MALAWI! Malawi is so poor that Dangote's net worth is a few figures away from the country's GDP. 85% of their populace live in rural areas and in abject poverty.

2. High rate of divorce in Nigeria causing innocent children to be a bigger victim than the adults involved, yet, no correctional facility or organization to address this steady recurrence. This has given people the more impetus to reproduce recklessly with no schematics or laid down plans for the future of these kids and so these kids live through harsh conditions until they end up like the 9 year old Shanowole kid who was a fraternity member at the age of 7 and bragged to have killed people who challenged him. Did you read Evan's excuses for why he opted for a life of crime? Have you read about Anini, Dr. Oyenusi and co.? It starts like this.

The child right acts is ineffective and non functional. No department of corrections. No child support, and we keep breeding uncontrollably with no care or concern, until it backfires. Because for every of your neighbor who breeds like a dog with no plan for those kids, you're at risk for when that kid becomes juvenile.

3. It's all talks. Because in the end, the lot of us contribute to these problems. Why is fuel scarce? How are the black marketers never running out of supplies? Why is there so much exploitation during festivities with no control or check to it? The transportation ministries and the many other motor park organizations are folding their arms to this madness? The chairman of the local motor park under whose nose this nonsense is happening would later open his smelling mouth to condemn ill governance.

4. Charity organizations, NGOs, religious organizations and their continuous madness has no end in sight. What does bald headed Oyedepo need two private jets for? Given the statistics of the country, it is a given that more than 75% of his church members live in abject poverty. Do these men have no conscience? The latest jet owner being Chris Oyhakilome. The political thug of CAN, oritsejafor, and the sexual depraved pervert, Suleiman Johnson, why are all these men taking so much advantage of their gullible followers to enrich their personal pockets? Have you seen any condemnation of the pastor of Omega Power Ministries who keeps doing nothing but charity? He rejected a 300K dollars rolls Royce and asked it be sold and the money channeled to charity too.

5. Again, age is NOT the problem. Mentality is. The banner of the young man and his female vice aspiring for the presidency in 2019 making rounds should get us involved and engaged in round table discussions. Us, being the masses. I have firsthand experience of greed consumed young self acclaimed leaders occupying and who have occupied pivotal student union positions with similar traits of the average African leader.

So you see, when someone else point these out to you and you're so defensive and angry at this common knowledge, because 'hut' seems derogatory to your persona, I'm tempted to laugh at you and call you a fool. Feigning ignorance and constant denial to claim all is well because you want the int'l community to respect you, forgetting that you have to earn it, then, such hypocrisy will be your undoing.

Go ahead and enrich those pulpit charlatans instead of you to join the #givechallenge and better the lives of your needy neighbor. ~ Osula
Re: When Trump Called Nigeria A Hut by correctguy101(m): 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2017
Nice work.
But really? Bald headed Oyedepo? grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2017 Was Tough But The Worst Is Over For PDP- Secondus / Omoku New Year Massacre- Gov. Wike Places N200,000,000 Bounty On Perpetrators / Edo Govt Arrests BUA Workers Over Stop Work Order, Army Seize Explosives[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.