Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,844 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (8704 Views)

A Lucrative Way To Earn In Two Weeks While You Go About Your Other Businesses / Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 / How To Start A Lucrative Phone Maintenance/repair Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ssikiru: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
Re: . by olabest(m): 6:14am On Jan 20, 2018
Pls Iam in ilorin kwara state and I need one me and one female to start from..... You can whatsapp me on 07030114862 or Mail ; olabest4u@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: . by ssikiru: 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
olabest:
Pls Iam in ilorin kwara state and I need one me and one female to start from..... You can whatsapp me on 07030114862 or Mail ; olabest4u@gmail.com

Check your inbox sir
Re: . by ssikiru: 8:11am On Jan 25, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

Once they escape, they are so hard to catch cheesy #SoFast

O.P are you on What'sapp?

+
Re: . by ssikiru: 8:27am On Jan 25, 2018
Reasons to Raise Rabbits

1. Rabbits are Low Maintenance. - One of the best things that I like about rabbits is the fact
that they are relatively low maintenance animals.

2. Rabbits are Quiet. - Yes I said it, rabbits are actually one of the quietest types of animals
on the planet

3. Economical. - Breeding rabbits can indeed be economical, even profitable if you put forth
the time and dedication

4. Rabbits can indeed “Multiply like Rabbits” - Although struggling breeders will
sometimes tell you different, rabbits can indeed multiply very quickly

5. Rabbit Meat is Healthy. - Even if you never plan on eating rabbit meat yourself, if you
breed rabbits you can rest assured that there is a market for rabbit meat in case you
need to sell off stock or culls (you just need to have a good marketing plan in place- keep on following this thread for information on selling rabbits)

6. Rabbit Manure is Valuable. - Believe me when I say that rabbit manure works great as a
fertilizer! Apply it to your garden and watch your plants bloom or bag it up and earn a
little spending money off of it. 

7. Rabbits Can Make Great Pets. - Rabbits can indeed make great pets- just make sure you
choose the right breed or you might be disappointed!

8. Self Fulfilling. - When you successfully breed rabbits you will most likely begin to feel self-
fulfillment in your accomplishment (There is something about watching your rabbits
grow that gives you a good feeling inside)

9. Chance at Showing. - If you plan on showing rabbits, you will most likely have a great
time and make some new friends!

10. Great Learning Experience. - It would literally take an entire book to tell you about
everything I have learned from raising rabbits!

11. Raising Rabbits is Fun. - Most importantly raising rabbits can be a fun enjoyable
experience as long as you do your research ahead of time

1 Like

Re: . by ssikiru: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2018
Still loading great farmers
Re: . by ssikiru: 6:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
Choosing a Purpose

I believe the first step to beginning your rabbit adventure is “choosing a purpose”. There are five main
purposes for which people raise rabbits. I believe it is important to decide which category you would like
to fall into before getting started. It is completely ok if you fall into more than one category… I know
people who successfully raise rabbits for all five purposes.

Show
Meat
Pets
Fur
Profit

Example: When I began my rabbit project the purpose of the project was to raise quality show rabbits.
After about two years of raising rabbits, I began to sell quite a few rabbits to the meat market.
Eventually my project evolved and producing meat rabbits became one of my main objectives.
As you shall soon see, your main purpose will influence all aspects of your rabbit expedition.
Re: . by ssikiru: 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2018
ssikiru:
Choosing a Purpose

I believe the first step to beginning your rabbit adventure is “choosing a purpose”. There are five main
purposes for which people raise rabbits. I believe it is important to decide which category you would like
to fall into before getting started. It is completely ok if you fall into more than one category… I know
people who successfully raise rabbits for all five purposes.

Show
Meat
Pets
Fur
Profit

Example: When I began my rabbit project the purpose of the project was to raise quality show rabbits.
After about two years of raising rabbits, I began to sell quite a few rabbits to the meat market.
Eventually my project evolved and producing meat rabbits became one of my main objectives.
As you shall soon see, your main purpose will influence all aspects of your rabbit expedition.

1 Like

Re: . by ssikiru: 10:52am On Jan 28, 2018
Breeds of Rabbits Photo Gallery

Re: . by ssikiru: 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2018

Re: . by Ademat7(m): 1:17am On Jan 30, 2018
where do u reside? what is the scale of your rabbit farm in terms of numbers
Re: . by ssikiru: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
Ademat7:

You can check the write up below
ssikiru:
Reasons to Raise Rabbits

1. Rabbits are Low Maintenance. - One of the best things that I like about rabbits is the fact
that they are relatively low maintenance animals.

2. Rabbits are Quiet. - Yes I said it, rabbits are actually one of the quietest types of animals
on the planet

3. Economical. - Breeding rabbits can indeed be economical, even profitable if you put forth
the time and dedication

4. Rabbits can indeed “Multiply like Rabbits” - Although struggling breeders will
sometimes tell you different, rabbits can indeed multiply very quickly

5. Rabbit Meat is Healthy. - Even if you never plan on eating rabbit meat yourself, if you
breed rabbits you can rest assured that there is a market for rabbit meat in case you
need to sell off stock or culls (you just need to have a good marketing plan in place- keep on following this thread for information on selling rabbits)

6. Rabbit Manure is Valuable. - Believe me when I say that rabbit manure works great as a
fertilizer! Apply it to your garden and watch your plants bloom or bag it up and earn a
little spending money off of it. 

7. Rabbits Can Make Great Pets. - Rabbits can indeed make great pets- just make sure you
choose the right breed or you might be disappointed!

8. Self Fulfilling. - When you successfully breed rabbits you will most likely begin to feel self-
fulfillment in your accomplishment (There is something about watching your rabbits
grow that gives you a good feeling inside)

9. Chance at Showing. - If you plan on showing rabbits, you will most likely have a great
time and make some new friends!

10. Great Learning Experience. - It would literally take an entire book to tell you about
everything I have learned from raising rabbits!

11. Raising Rabbits is Fun. - Most importantly raising rabbits can be a fun enjoyable
experience as long as you do your research ahead of time
Re: . by Ademat7(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
ssikiru:

You can check the write up below
it doesn't answer my question

2 Likes

Re: . by ssikiru: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2018
Ademat7:

Sorry..... I thought I was quoting someone else question

Bunnies :- 75 (excluding weaners size)
Re: . by ssikiru: 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
Re: . by ssikiru: 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
selecting rabbit breeds

Is the next write up coming up
Keep following great farmers
Re: . by ssikiru: 3:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
happy new month great farmers
Re: . by IfoyinTEDO(f): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
Started this thread January 01. No headway up till now, feeling like a Don of rabbit breeder

https://www.naija.ng/1098545-rabbit-farming-nigeria-how-start.html

Viewers can go through that link, it's a great read for intending rabbit breeders.
Re: . by ssikiru: 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2018
IfoyinTEDO:
Started this thread January 01. No headway up till now, feeling like a Don of rabbit breeder

https://www.naija.ng/1098545-rabbit-farming-nigeria-how-start.html

Viewers can go through that link, it's a great read for intending rabbit breeders.

Thanks.... You also a rabbit farmer?
Re: . by Manbryto(m): 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
op this thread is more than one month and am yet to see how to start this wonderful business. Tell us the cost and profitability of this business na
Re: . by onuvic94: 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2018
pls can u send me d feed formula to my mail. victoronu94@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: . by olabest(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
I bought 2 Rabbits 2 weeks ago and I started feeding them grower feed but the doe started refusing the feed.... Anyone with idea?
Re: . by dammiejay: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

RoyalBlak007:

Once they escape, they are so hard to catch cheesy #SoFast

O.P are you on What'sapp?
Re: . by dammiejay: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Marketing is the problem.

ssikiru:

You can sell via Nigeria best online selling sites

Connect with more rabbit farmers

Create awareness.....

Can be sold to..
Hotels

Exports

Restaurants..

Individuals

Weight watchers

A whole lot

1 Like

Re: . by ssikiru: 2:12am On Feb 10, 2018
olabest:
I bought 2 Rabbits 2 weeks ago and I started feeding them grower feed but the doe started refusing the feed.... Anyone with idea?

Sorry for the late response
I was banned for 5 days that's why

Back to the issue

Do you formulate there the feed yourself?
If no
What brand of feed do you use?

Do you ask from the seller about how what they are being fed with before you got them?

You can answer here or direct the answer to my whatsapp DM
Re: . by ssikiru: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2018
you can kindly drop your digits or message need on whatsapp so that you can be added to the whatsapp group for intending farmers
Re: . by ssikiru: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2018
Do you want to start Rabbit Farming business? Then here are few points which you may need to consider:
Rabbit farming is not at all an expensive venture. It doesn’t need much money like every other farming does. Rather it takes a lot of knowledge about the animal husbandry and how best to raise animals. You should start with a profitable rabbit farming business plan to gain high profit in short term.
How to Start Rabbit Farming Business?
Taking in consideration, the availability of breeding materials. To start investing in rabbit farming business, it is very much needed to know how to acquire your materials at a very low cost. The materials which are included are rabbit breeding cages, feeds, and concentrates, water nipples for rabbit drinking purpose, etc. are considered as the raw materials that are needed for the business.
Get the basic knowledge about rabbit care. It is very important to avoid unwanted loss due to diseases and high mortality. Know every necessary thing about rabbits, from their illnesses to their gestation period, feeding pattern and common diseases.
Get a rabbit farming business plan. The most important thing especially when you are going for a breeding on a commercial scale.
Your Rabbit House:The cages should be well constructed and placed where it gets protected from the rainfall and direct sunlight.
Feeding the rabbits: pellet Rabbit’s feed or grasses, shrubs, and herbs etc. They eat food at least twice a day. Fresh water should be given for 24 hours a day and all the containers should be cleaned on regular basis for the sake of health.
Production: They start breeding foreign breeds from the month of 4, Nigeria breeds is month 6 and give around 2-10 kits at once. The gestation period for a female is nearly 31 days.One rabbit can even turn around 40-60 kits at the end of a year. So, there will be rapid growth in the kits all around the year

1 Like

Re: . by olabest(m): 10:34am On Mar 01, 2018
ssikiru:
you can kindly drop your digits or message need on whatsapp so that you can be added to the whatsapp group for intending farmers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mini Importation Business Still Rocks - Drop Shipping And Much More / Nigeria, Others To Get AFREXIM Bank’s $25bn Grant / Zenith Bank Introduces GBP And Euro Debit Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.